can somebody please fill me in?

Thats true. I can try to view things in a non left-right fashion. Now I gotta add this board to my list of hated things:

The History Channel
Airsoft
And now this!

I hate these because they prevent them from me getting anything else done, but its impossible to live without them! lol :D

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
me argue with RWA????? Never.

he wouldnt argue with me either......
He worships the quicksand I walk upon......

:banana: :dev1: :banana:

:spank3: harder please!

ppppffffffffttttttttttt to you Mr Right Wing Man!

:dev1: :whip3: :dev1:

Originally posted by Sir Evil
RW - Forever ingnoring me are'nt ya? It was a simple question!

Oh guess. What do you think? Judging from my "maturity" level.

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Yeah, alot of times, I'll be watching the news and realize they are only covering half or less than half of the story. And about growing up too fast, I dont like being a kid. Nobody my age takes anything seriously. Most people in my classes hate America and the President with NO supporting statements, they just try to be cool...

Welcome to the U.S. Messageboard. It is great to see such a young person interested in current events, history and curious about politics.

First off, you can be informed and study such things as mentioned and still be a kid. You will have many years as an adult, don't try to grow up to fast. Being a kid is great, take advantage of your youth while you can. That being said you have come to a great place for different ideas and perspectives. You will find a whole range of political thought here, many times members will post articles and news stories with links for reference. This will give you a broad spectrum of information. You may need to take some of the posts here with a grain of salt but I believe you will be able to sort those out when need be.

Again welcome aboard.

MtnBiker :thup:

ha ha!

Im 34 damnit - but we'll pretend Im 29.

Indulge my vain fantasy please. thank you.

:cof:

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
ha ha!

Im 34 damnit - but we'll pretend Im 29.

Indulge my vain fantasy please. thank you.

:cof:

You old fogey. I am 32. :D

Originally posted by Gop guy
I know, our generation is the most ignorant and superficial in history, DON'T BELIEVE THEIR CRAP, ok?

Look at Bush and Kerry, you decide which one really cares about America, we'll help ya out if you want:)

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

As speaking as a member of this generation i used to believe that. Ive seen alot of crap from people our age. But ive also seen some of the most amazing people out there.

Today i saw a news story about Young people like us organizing to fight off the recent ACLU attacks on religion. I love it! We are the generation of Reagan and Rush!

Originally posted by Zhukov
A solid knowledge and understanding of human history is the best possible foundation for understanding what must be done to secure a peaceful and prosperous future for humanity.

Yes I know. I love the history channel and I watch it almost religously. The post I made earlier was sarcasm about things taking up my time.

Want some advice?

Take school seriously. It opens up alot of doors for the future.

Always ask questions. Dont only question how but remember to question the why. Too many people try to change how society works without first asking why society is the way it is to begin with. That is one of the major flaws with Marx and any of the left ideas. They try to fix the economy, government etc without asking why thinks are they way they are and because of that they end up with Stalins purges or the Killing fields of Cambodia. Learn to understand human nature. If you understand human nature you can predict most anything that people will do and that will give you advantages.

Search for the truth and live it when you find it. Look for virtue in life for in virtue we find freedom. Unless men are willing to govern themselves they cannot be free.

Learn to be grateful and learn to laugh. Doesnt matter what you do in life if you are ungrateful and cant laugh at life, especially at yourself, then you will be miserable.

Learn to work. Find satisfaction in doing things for yourself.

Thats all the advice I have for the moment. if you want any advice on more specific things than be more specific. Simply ask.

BTW since we are talking about age, this is the prime example of why when i was 18 i was always told i was going on 35 and sometimes more mature then men at 35. i figure since that was about five years ago i should be sixety by now haha

Thanks. I sit in the classrooms alot and think about things like that. Then the teacher calls on me and I'm completely clueless becuase I was thinking of something more important than how a verb differs from a noun. That's a problem I have with schools, the teachers only grade you on how smart you are on paper, not what goes on in your head (but I suppose theres no way to grade students otherwise). Another thing I hate about my school is the peers that surround me. They do everything for the spur of the moment, not caring that they got an F to be "cool", whereas that F they got will land them in that same classroom next year, when the people who thought they were "cool" are moved on to high school or the next grade. Thats what gets me when everyone freaks out over not enough funding for schools. You dont need scissors and glue to mold good students, you need caring teachers and administrations. Is this a sublime message that future generations will revolve around material and money items and not morality? I think it is.

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Thanks. I sit in the classrooms alot and think about things like that. Then the teacher calls on me and I'm completely clueless becuase I was thinking of something more important than how a verb differs from a noun. That's a problem I have with schools, the teachers only grade you on how smart you are on paper, not what goes on in your head (but I suppose theres no way to grade students otherwise). Another thing I hate about my school is the peers that surround me. They do everything for the spur of the moment, not caring that they got an F to be "cool", whereas that F they got will land them in that same classroom next year, when the people who thought they were "cool" are moved on to high school or the next grade. Thats what gets me when everyone freaks out over not enough funding for schools. You dont need scissors and glue to mold good students, you need caring teachers and administrations. Is this a sublime message that future generations will revolve around material and money items and not morality? I think it is.

Even caring teachers and adminstrators wont help much if the student hasnt been taught properly at home and doesnt want to learn something. Oh and the grammar might be boring but learning to communicate well is very important. dont totally blow it off like i did and find out you dont know the right stuff to say when you um are trying to provide a point to incoherant rambling like this.

Hey Semper Fi,

Welcome to the boards. If your brother needs helps getting his academy packets together, let me know - I graduated from West Point, and went through the nutroll of applying to Navy and Air Force as well.

As far as politics... well, you can probably tell where I stand, but KLSuddeth's advice was good - know what you believe, but also know why you believe it.

See you around! :beer:

Forum List

Back