Can somebody explain to Trump the consequences of actions.

So Trump is using these tactics again. Today he decided to gut ACA trying to force the Democrats to work to repeal and replace a key legislative accomplishment of Obama and he decided too decertify the Iran deal in a gambit to force the international community to change the terms on a deal to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Lets look at this a bit. He's trying to blackmail the Democrats to comply to his wishes on the treat of letting people die and he's trying to blackmail the world under the treat of letting Iran get the bomb. Do any conservatives have a problem with this? Or better yet do any conservatives think it a bad idea? What leverage do you imagine someone has who is unreliable not to mention immoral? The Democrats are not gonna commit political suicide to give Trump a win. And Iran is not going to renegotiate a bill that they haven't broken in any way because the US had an election cycle. Especially considering that the other countries who signed the bill still consider them in compliance. What leverage does he think he has??

Treat? Trump ran for election on fixing ObamaCare...why are you shocked that he's now attempting to do just that? As for the Iranians? Why do you think rolling over and playing dead is prudent foreign policy when the end result will be an Islamic fundamentalist nation who has supported worldwide terror for decades getting the bomb?

Anyone that thought the Iranians would EVER be in compliance with that treaty is so naive that it makes me shake my head in disbelief!
He ran on a platform of fixing Obamacare. How is making it implode fixing it? And more importantly what is his plan after it implodes? These are peoples lives were talking about, people he is supposed to protect. As to the Iran deal. Lets just suppose your right and they are secretly working on it, something Trump can't prove, how is reneging on them in any way good? At best it increases animosity with yet another unfriendly nuclear power. While at the same time pissing of, and so hurting relations with other ones? Thanks for at least trying to answer the premise of the OP. You are the first conservative who has shown the balls to do so.

With all due respect, Forkup...it isn't Trump that's making the Affordable Care Act "implode"...it's imploding because that's the way it was deliberately set up by the Democrats who wrote the legislation! The ACA is imploding because Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi set it up to be a "poison pill" for the incoming GOP majority!

Wow...you're concerned with increasing "animosity" with Iran? That's your reason for not scrapping this deal and imposing harsh sanctions on Tehran once again to try and keep them from getting nuclear weapons? Dude, I hate to break this to you but the mullahs in Iran hate the United States with a passion! We're the "Great Satan"...we're the symbol of Western power that they've sworn to destroy! Why do you think they WANT nukes? Gee, let me think...the largest sponsor of terror in the entire world...what WOULD they do if they had nukes?
Lol that's a cute alternative history you are spouting. I'm honest enough to admit ACA hasn't been the greatest program ever but it was succeeding in its goal to get more people insured. If you take away key features that support it, you will make it implode. If I shoot you in the head, is the guy who manufactured the bullet more responsible for you being dead than me?
As to your Iran blurb. Again sanctions have been tried for decades and have proved ineffective. The deal was working, the IAEA said it 8 times, all the cosigners to the deal agree. Not to mention the US secretary of state. Yet Trump feels it needs to be renegotiated. What possible reason does Iran have to renegotiate? Iran has the moral high ground in this deal. Trump will not find any support among the cosigners. What he has done is yet again signal to the world, that the US can't be trusted to be an honest partner.

Not the greatest program ever? Even the people that wrote it admit it needs to be fixed or it will fail. It's legislation that affects 1/6th of our total economy...yet they passed a piece of crap because they were so desperate to get something done before the 2010 mid terms put Republicans back in control of Congress...Republicans that the voters sent to Washington to STOP Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid's progressive agenda!

The deal with Iran was "working"? Really? So they weren't working on a bomb anymore? Your kind of naive is dangerous, Forkup!
Dangerous?? Because I like the solution to complex problems be based on analyses instead of feelings? Remember this one? “The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas.”10/7/2002, George W. Bush, President. What happened to that claim, and what where the consequences of acting there? Btw the IAEA disagreed with that assessment too. The same goes for Obamacare, it was the most he could get through, Obama admitted even he didn't like it. But it was a NET improvement on the previous situation. Trump just said I'll kill it and see what happens. Fucking around with nuclear proliferation and healthcare without a clear idea how you'll replace it. That's dangerous.

More voted in sanctuary California, yeah. But have you not learned about general elections yet?
More AMERICANS voted against Trump

More Californians voted against gay marriage, so what's your point?
My point is that you can claim Trump is the President......He is

You can't claim the country voted against Obamacare......They didn't

Uhm they did unless you were sleeping through the midterms of 2010 , 2014..
And Obama won by a landslide in 2012
He just won Ohio that got him to barely win.

More voted in sanctuary California, yeah. But have you not learned about general elections yet?

Yes, we know democrats vote for the prom king instead of policy.

So Trump is using these tactics again. Today he decided to gut ACA trying to force the Democrats to work to repeal and replace a key legislative accomplishment of Obama and he decided too decertify the Iran deal in a gambit to force the international community to change the terms on a deal to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Lets look at this a bit. He's trying to blackmail the Democrats to comply to his wishes on the treat of letting people die and he's trying to blackmail the world under the treat of letting Iran get the bomb. Do any conservatives have a problem with this? Or better yet do any conservatives think it a bad idea? What leverage do you imagine someone has who is unreliable not to mention immoral? The Democrats are not gonna commit political suicide to give Trump a win. And Iran is not going to renegotiate a bill that they haven't broken in any way because the US had an election cycle. Especially considering that the other countries who signed the bill still consider them in compliance. What leverage does he think he has??

G’hey.

"He's trying to blackmail the Democrats to comply to his wishes on the treat of letting people die"

Treat? Ever learn to proofread?

How is taking money from insurance companies "letting people die"?
You are right I do need to proofread. On the other hand, do you know the difference between giving something and paying for something to get a service back? That's the answer to your question. ACA asks insurance companies to include people who are in general sicker. This means those insurance companies will have to pay out more money to its customers. To offset that they receive subsidies from the government. Now the government has stopped these payments. This means the insurance companies have to eat those diminished profits, increase its premiums or step out the program altogether. How likely do you think it is they will eat the losses?
Losing something (government handouts, er, subsidies) that wasn't yours to begin with isn't generating a loss. Net gains will be realized when competition expands beyond state boundaries. You will see insurance costs for you and me drop in half. Of course, you being a leftist, won't understand this free market concept. It's government rule or the highway for you clowns.

Yes, we know democrats vote for the prom king instead of policy.
I thought the glorified prom king was nobama? Trump is more like the American patriot. Voted for the American patriot.

"He's trying to blackmail the Democrats to comply to his wishes on the treat of letting people die"

You are right I do need to proofread. On the other hand, do you know the difference between giving something and paying for something to get a service back? That's the answer to your question. ACA asks insurance companies to include people who are in general sicker. This means those insurance companies will have to pay out more money to its customers. To offset that they receive subsidies from the government. Now the government has stopped these payments. This means the insurance companies have to eat those diminished profits, increase its premiums or step out the program altogether. How likely do you think it is they will eat the losses?
Losing something (government handouts, er, subsidies) that wasn't yours to begin with isn't generating a loss. Net gains will be realized when competition expands beyond state boundaries. You will see insurance costs for you and me drop in half. Of course, you being a leftist, won't understand this free market concept. It's government rule or the highway for you clowns.
Chances are you won't see anything drop, considering the congressional budget office estimates a 25 percent rise on average insurance premiums. Question is what will you say then?If Trump sabotages Obamacare, premiums will spike an extra 25 percent by 2020, CBO warns

Last edited:

Chances are you won't see anything drop, considering the congressional budget office estimates a 20 percent rise on average insurance premiums. Question is what will you say then?
My insurance has already increased 60% since The Unaffordable Health Care Act was shoved down our throats 7 years ago.
What do you say to that?

Chances are you won't see anything drop, considering the congressional budget office estimates a 20 percent rise on average insurance premiums. Question is what will you say then?
My insurance has already increased 60% since The Unaffordable Health Care Act was shoved down our throats 7 years ago.
What do you say to that?
I'd say considering 60 percent in 7 years is about the same as 25 percent in 3 years makes you screwed equally under the new plan. Sorry I edited I misread my link.Trump Threat to Obamacare Would Send Premiums and Deficits Higher Lol apparently my original claim was correct. It is 20 percent in 1 year.https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/reports/53009-costsharingreductions.pdf

Last edited:

What do you say to that?
I'dd say considering 60 percent in 7 years is about the same as 25 percent in 3 years makes you screwed equally under the new plan. Sorry I edited I misread my link.
Oh and btw Obamacare did insure a lot of people who previously couldn't afford it. Something that will likely happen again as premiums rise and insurance companies bail. So you got equally screwed for absolutely no improvement and poor people go back to being uninsured.

Everyone does realize, don't they, that Congress can make the subsidies legal and fund them fully, right? Why is everyone acting like Trump is king and he just issued a royal edict? All he did was stop illegal payments to Big Insurance, you know, the evil corporations we're supposed to hate.

What do you say to that?
I'dd say considering 60 percent in 7 years is about the same as 25 percent in 3 years makes you screwed equally under the new plan. Sorry I edited I misread my link.
Oh and btw Obamacare did insure a lot of people who previously couldn't afford it. Something that will likely happen again as premiums rise and insurance companies bail. So you got equally screwed for absolutely no improvement and poor people go back to being uninsured.

That's easy to do when you put millions on Medicaid.

Perhaps someone should explain to you that elections have consequences...

Piss and moan and cry all you want, like it or not (and I don't) Trump is the President for at least another three years and 3 months. You're not going to like a single thing he does, not one, so you might want to pace yourself...

Forum List

Back