Can Scott Brown Win in Massachusetts?

Yea David Gergen shouldn't have been allowed to moderate that debate. I'm surprised Brown agreed to allow that. Gergen is a well known & long-time Kennedy butt-sniffer. He was hardly an unbiased & neutral moderator. His loaded "Teddy Kennedy Seat" question proved this. It really was fun watching Brown whip the chit out of Gergen though. He handled the loaded question beautifully. Gergen may have actually backfired on the Dems. Go get em Mr. Brown! :)

Coakley had been ducking debating Scott Brown until very recently.

He did not appear worried about Gergen - and rightly so as Brown did far better than Coakley in the debate.

Now Galvin playing games with election to delay if Brown wins so healthcare bill can pass without him.

Seating Mass. Senate winner could be delayed - Yahoo! News

This morning on the radio they had a quote of someone from the MA govt saying it would take 15 days to certify the winner of this election, long enough to push the cert date past the date of the HC bill reconcile vote and the state of the union adress.

It's obvious that Barry and his minions are going to reform healthcare whether we want it or not... Unfortunately, they don't listen to the people's dissent so other means of getting the message across need to be performed... Hopefully Brown will win to put some sort of spark under the party that controls Senate, House, and White House...

Time to add some checks and balances that the country may be seeing as needed at this time....

Last edited:
"BOSTON — Martha M. Coakley, the Democrat running for Senator Edward M. Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts, had seemed so certain of winning the special election on Jan. 19 that she barely campaigned last month.

And a new poll that showed a competitive race between Ms. Coakley and Mr. Brown has generated buzz on conservative blogs and energized the Brown campaign — though many news organizations dispute its methodology.

But a tighter-than-expected margin in the closely watched race would still prompt soul-searching among Democrats nationally, since the outcome will be the first real barometer of whether problems facing the party will play out in tangible ways at the polls later this year.

While Ms. Coakley kept a low profile over the holidays, Mr. Brown hammered her as soft on terrorists and as a “crusader” for abortion rights. He has played up his military credentials — he serves in the Army National Guard — and his opposition to the health care overhaul headed for a final vote in Congress. That, too, has unnerved Democrats, who cannot afford to lose a single vote on the embattled legislation."
Democrats Anxious Over a Once-Safe Seat - NYTimes.com

Time to put my money where my mouth is?

I sent him a contribution.
Even if Brown wins, the 'recount' will somehow turn up enough votes for him to lose.

Call it the franken factor.

Wonder when we'll see his naked picture in an ad???

im8n02.jpg

Sooner than later :lol:

That was nearly 30 years ago!!!

The guy has aged incredibly well.

Must be livin' right...

He looks super fine to me also. Hope this dude can win. I wonder how many Dems in MA are sick of the status quo in their State???

Scott Brown is legit.

By historical standards, he would be a JFK Democrat, and frankly, I will take that any day over this crop of rampant Big Government Anti-American liberalism that dominates the Democrat Party - and to some extent, the Republican Party, of today.

LIke you I think he's the real deal also. This Dude would get my vote Dem or Rep.

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Scott Brown yesterday accepted the endorsement of the Police Department’s two major unions [in Worcester].
Local 911, New England Police Benevolent Association, and Local 504, International Brotherhood of Police Officers, handed their endorsement to the state senator. The endorsement comes one day after a debate in which Mr. Brown and his main opponent, Democrat Attorney General Martha Coakley, squared off. The special election to fill the seat formerly held by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy will be held Tuesday.
Sgt. Donald E. Cummings, president of Local 504, said Mr. Brown’s service in the National Guard shows that he knows the threat of terrorism is real, and understands the role public safety personnel play in protecting residents.
Stephen Gunnerson, president of Local 911 patrolmen’s union, called Mr. Brown a “tireless advocate for public safety.” He cited Mr. Brown’s support for Jessica’s Law and Haley’s Bill and his support for sex offender and CORI reform.

In a rather interesting twist, the IBPO is an affiliate of the SEIU — not normally known for its pro-Republican tendencies. In fact, its president, Andy Stern, visits the White House on a weekly basis. The SEIU has been lobbying to pass the very bill Brown says he’ll oppose when he gets to the Senate, hoping to be the 41st vote against cloture and the man who can end the government takeover of health care. An endorsement of Brown seems to be a repudiation of both Coakley and the parent union’s political ambitions at the same time.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Police unions endorse Brown over AG Coakley

Okay a local of the SEIU is endorsing Brown, not much heard about that one.

Scott Brown is legit.

By historical standards, he would be a JFK Democrat, and frankly, I will take that any day over this crop of rampant Big Government Anti-American liberalism that dominates the Democrat Party - and to some extent, the Republican Party, of today.

LIke you I think he's the real deal also. This Dude would get my vote Dem or Rep.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iddquwGpXM0[/ame]

the JFK democrat comment reminded me of the ad

Forum List

Back