Can science and religion coexist peacefully?

The question isn't whether they mix, but whether they can coexist.

So long as each remembers its limitations and doesn't try to speak on that which it cannot speak on, there is no problem.

See, for instance, Mr Mendel and his peas. A fine example of faith and sciences in their proper roles and places coexisting just fine, neither overstepping its bounds.

Co-exist how?

As different methods to interpret the world around us in the same places of education?

No..they cannot.

Schools are schools.

Places of worship..are places of worship.

They should be kept separate. And it's mandated by our Constitution that they are..
wow... you really are dense

Shhhh! It's a secret......

Over time they can.

The only religion left that still kills scientists for blasphemy is Islam.

Christians still do plenty of grandstanding, but deep down they know that religion has been relegated to being science's bitch.

Another wingnut who has to lie in order to defend Christianity

George Tiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I'll wait for the "Christians don't kill as often as those other people" defense :lol:

No. Never.

Religion deals in superstition and faith.

Science deals in observation of the natural world.

The two simply do not mix.

So you shouldn't eat where you shit or shit where you eat. Only you would interpret that to mean that you could only do one or the other, but not both. ;) :lol:

Seriously Sallow.... Has anyone ever told you that You are too Fundamental in your thinking. :eek: ;) :lol:

Well I kinda like to keep things that don't belong together in separate compartments. Kinda keeps things from getting mixed up.

Over time they can.

Christians still do plenty of grandstanding, but deep down they know that religion has been relegated to being science's bitch.

Now I'll wait for the "Christians don't kill as often as those other people" defense :lol:

Another retard with comprehension problems that sees my post as a defense of Christianity. :lol:

George Tiller - The exception that proves at least two 'contributors' to this thread are fucking retarded. :thup:

Over time they can.

Another retard with comprehension problems that sees my post as a defense of Christianity. :lol:

Another wingnut who can't read

I didn't say you HAD defended christianity. I predicted you would defend Christianity

I was wrong about that. Kudos, for being less predictable than the avg wingnut

I didn't say you HAD defended christianity. I predicted you would defend Christianity

Nice save. :thup:

But I bet you still don't have the balls to admit you made up that remark about christians not killing scientists

But I bet you still don't have the balls to admit you made up that remark about christians not killing scientists

Whatever I posted is still there for all to see.

I can't control how retards might misinterpret it.

Whatever I posted is still there for all to see.

I can't control how retards might misinterpret it.

Looks like I won that bet

If you say so.

Of course considering that your mental retardation has now been validated and peer reviewed, such a proclamation is to be taken with a grain of salt.

No. Never.

So you shouldn't eat where you shit or shit where you eat. Only you would interpret that to mean that you could only do one or the other, but not both. ;) :lol:

Seriously Sallow.... Has anyone ever told you that You are too Fundamental in your thinking. :eek: ;) :lol:
I'm not sure he does much thinking.

No. Never.

I'm not sure he does much thinking.

The virtue of the hound or wolf is not intelligence but loyalty. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back