Can Republicans win with a message of "Let Him Die"?

R

rdean

The three most popular phrases that came out of the Republican Presidential Debates:

"Let Him Die".

"Corporations are People, my friend".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for?

They can win. Especially if their "voter suppression" isn't taken seriously.

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

Voters are concerned mainly with the economy and jobs. While Obama toured the country in support of a real plan - his jobs bill - and pushed congressional Republicans to pass it (which of course, they didn't), the Republican presidential candidates were busy sucking up to the rabid right-wing base with talk of abortion, gays, corporations and "personal responsibility". Obama's relatively good poll numbers are a good indication that the GOP's own words are pushing voters away from them.

Voters are concerned mainly with the economy and jobs. While Obama toured the country in support of a real plan - his jobs bill - and pushed congressional Republicans to pass it (which of course, they didn't), the Republican presidential candidates were busy sucking up to the rabid right-wing base with talk of abortion, gays, corporations and "personal responsibility". Obama's relatively good poll numbers are a good indication that the GOP's own words are pushing voters away from them.

You think Obama's poll numbers are "good"?

Obama may prevail because the GOP candidates are so awful, but that's hardly an endorsement of his Jobs Plan, which is just warmed over stimulus.

Obama has to get manufacturing back. That should be his goal. If he isn't doing that, the rest of this conversation is sort of pointless.

The three most popular phrases that came out of the Republican Presidential Debates:

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for?

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

"Let Him Die".

Which Republican on the stage running for the nomination said this.....?:eusa_hand:

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

"Let Him Die".

Which Republican on the stage running for the nomination said this.....?:eusa_hand:

Ron Paul

Obama may prevail because the GOP candidates are so awful, but that's hardly an endorsement of his Jobs Plan, which is just warmed over stimulus.

Obama has to get manufacturing back. That should be his goal. If he isn't doing that, the rest of this conversation is sort of pointless.

Considering the UE numbers and the state of the economy, yes, Obama's poll numbers are good. I agree that manufacturing needs to come back, but we are no longer a manufacturing society; we are a consumer society. But, yeah, let's bring it back. But Obama can't do it alone; and after 3 years, it's quite obvious to even the average observer that the GOP has no interest in working with Dems or Obama. Remember McConnell's number one goal? He said it.

When people have money, they spend it. One way to give people money is to give them jobs. Which is exactly what Obama's jobs bill offered. Call them temp construction jobs. Call them what you wish, but at least he has a plan. What has the GOP offered? Repeal the ACA? Give more tax cuts to the rich? Cut UE benefits? That's going to create jobs? I don't think so. And I think that most Americans agree with me.

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

"Let Him Die".

What happened was Ron Paul was asked a question about a young man without insurance who had gone into a coma. Ron Paul basically said: too bad, he has no health care, that's his fault, we shouldn't have to take care of him. Dozens in the audience yelled out "let him die", which is a more straightforward way of saying what Ron Paul was saying. The question and Paul's response are available on the Internet for anyone who wants to watch it. If there is a different interpretation, I would be glad to hear it.

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Hmmmmm.....

Justice First!

Stop the Madness!

We are Overdrawn!

The Demons will never be Satisfied, they will never possess enough, Control Enough!

Just Say No! It's Your money! Say No! While you still can!

All Democrats should Wear Condoms, all the time, large enough to tightly fit over their heads! :D That Last one works for me. That's my official campaign slogan.

"Let Him Die".
What the audience yells out to show the liberal questioner that the question was garbage can't be called "popular GOP policy". If you don't buy health insurance and need hospitalization YOU PAY FOR IT, not Medicare.

Look at the auto industry and the "too big to fail banks" if you think Corporations aren't "people". They affect people lives more than government. They create jobs, and investments, and are what makes up a big part of the economy.

"End Obamacare".
What part of "We can't afford Obamacare" don't you get. My fav democrat quote is "you need to pass the Bill so we can see what's in it"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for? They can win. Especially if their "voter suppression" isn't taken seriously. But what is the message? What is the plan?

The plan is "competence", as opposed to incompetence. Examples are the SC Boeing plant that cost Boeing $1,000,000,000 to build and can't use. Similarly, the Keystone pipeline, similarly mot releasing drilling leases all over, etc, etc, etc.
What was done on Wall Street to keep jobs here (Glass-Stegall, etc)? What was done to repatriate $trillions of off-shore profits? What was done to go after off-shore tax cheats like Wellstone wanted to do? Cash for foreign clunkers.....then Solyndra......ACORN.....it goes on and on and on.....

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

"Let Him Die".

Ron Paul

Not true.the moderator asked a question and some in the audience answered Yeah...

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

"Let Him Die".

Ron Paul

Oh you mean the Democrats favorite Republican? lol

Not sure why anyone would Humor such a Hate filled, Brainwashed fool as Rdean in anything bordering on real debate anyways. It's like trying to talk to a computer programmed to spew out predetermined Far left, Class Warfare, and Racial Divide Talking points.

In a close race for most Pathetic, and Dishonest poster on this board with the Likes of TM. :)

Last edited:
Considering the UE numbers and the state of the economy, yes, Obama's poll numbers are good.

That's along the lines of "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play."

I agree that manufacturing needs to come back, but we are no longer a manufacturing society; we are a consumer society. But, yeah, let's bring it back. But Obama can't do it alone; and after 3 years, it's quite obvious to even the average observer that the GOP has no interest in working with Dems or Obama. Remember McConnell's number one goal? He said it.

but a lot of Obama's own actions are causing the problem. He is held hostage to the environmental groups and the unions, who are both making it harder to bring manufacturing back. With friends like this, he can do without enemies.

When people have money, they spend it. One way to give people money is to give them jobs. Which is exactly what Obama's jobs bill offered. Call them temp construction jobs. Call them what you wish, but at least he has a plan. What has the GOP offered? Repeal the ACA? Give more tax cuts to the rich? Cut UE benefits? That's going to create jobs? I don't think so. And I think that most Americans agree with me.

Well, maybe.

But the thing is, taking money from one group and giving it to another won't create jobs. And borrowing money from China won't, either. We need to create jobs because we are creating wealth and products people want to buy. the construction jobs should be a side effect of that. We should build highways to move things, but job one is making things that we need to move.

There is an argument to be made tax cuts create jobs. There's an argument to be made that unlimited unemployment benefits keeps people from taking jobs they think are beneath them.

But my biggest complaint with Obama is that he drinks as deeply from the poisoned well of "Free Trade" as any Republican. It might be nice to have OSHA and EPA and union wages, but not if you make that compete with a sweatshop in China which dumps toxins into the Yangtze river.

I have a friend who left Chicago and moved to Los Angeles to start up a company that "reworks" existing automation. I flew there and worked "booth duty" for his company at a trade show for Medical and Automation that was right down the street from Disneyland.

What was interesting was his was the ONLY company that refurbished existing automation. So what does that mean?

Say a machine pops out a plastic cap, closes the cap and puts 100 in a package. There may be very little to no noticeable wear on the actual machinery even though it's 10 years old. Many companies will scrap the equipment and buy newer equipment, but what they are really paying for are the controls, the pneumatic's and the solenoids and so on. This is where his business comes in. They replace PLC's with Windows based panel PC's that can be programmed with drop and drag programs. Programs much more complex that can keep track, identify problems and even determine a solution. When he finished with a piece of equipment, sometimes he can increase cycle time by a factor of 10 or more.

So what's the point?

Even Chinese paying $171.00 a month can't compete with automation. But he has had a difficult time finding technicians and engineers with the kind of experience he needs. He currently has 12 employees and plans on doubling that with the amount of business he's been getting. But he's even asked me to ask around to see if I can suggest someone who might want to move to Los Angeles. I've asked everyone I thought might have the experience of skill, but so far, they all have jobs and don't want to move.

The point is, we can't compete with the Chinese for minimum wage jobs. But Republicans, by slashing education and refusing to let America invest in infrastructure will guarantee we will never be able to compete.

I think it's because they hate Obama that much that they are willing to see the country fail to get rid of the nation's first black president, but lately, I think it's simply ignorant people who are afraid and hope that if we could go back to the 1800's, it will make the nation great once again.

Considering the UE numbers and the state of the economy, yes, Obama's poll numbers are good.

That's along the lines of "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play."

I agree that manufacturing needs to come back, but we are no longer a manufacturing society; we are a consumer society. But, yeah, let's bring it back. But Obama can't do it alone; and after 3 years, it's quite obvious to even the average observer that the GOP has no interest in working with Dems or Obama. Remember McConnell's number one goal? He said it.

but a lot of Obama's own actions are causing the problem. He is held hostage to the environmental groups and the unions, who are both making it harder to bring manufacturing back. With friends like this, he can do without enemies.

Well, maybe.

But the thing is, taking money from one group and giving it to another won't create jobs. And borrowing money from China won't, either. We need to create jobs because we are creating wealth and products people want to buy. the construction jobs should be a side effect of that. We should build highways to move things, but job one is making things that we need to move.

There is an argument to be made tax cuts create jobs. There's an argument to be made that unlimited unemployment benefits keeps people from taking jobs they think are beneath them.

But my biggest complaint with Obama is that he drinks as deeply from the poisoned well of "Free Trade" as any Republican. It might be nice to have OSHA and EPA and union wages, but not if you make that compete with a sweatshop in China which dumps toxins into the Yangtze river.

Hopefully you aren't saying to compete with the country with the most birth defects in the world, we need to become like them.

Well, maybe.

Hopefully you aren't saying to compete with the country with the most birth defects in the world, we need to become like them.

Obama was elected and you are employed so character defects don't seem to be an issue.

Ron Paul

Not true.the moderator asked a question and some in the audience answered Yeah...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yva0VSN1_T4]Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube[/ame]

All you had to do was go look. Ron Paul's answer was to let the church take care of him. Like churches have doctors and nurses. This was simply a "right wing Christian's way of saying: Let him die".

Well, maybe.

Obama was elected and you are employed so character defects don't seem to be an issue.

kiss my ass. That could be taken as "kiss yourself".

Ron Paul

Oh you mean the Democrats favorite Republican? lol

Not sure why anyone would Humor such a Hate filled, Brainwashed fool as Rdean in anything bordering on real debate anyways. It's like trying to talk to a computer programmed to spew out predetermined Far left, Class Warfare, and Racial Divide Talking points.

In a close race for most Pathetic, and Dishonest poster on this board with the Likes of TM. :)

In other words, all you have is name calling and whining. Good. At least you're consistent.

New Topics

Forum List

Back