Can Republicans marginalize themselves further?

aussie-no-gops.jpg

Yup. When unemployment is at almost 8% and 76% of voters (according to fox news exit polls) consider the economy not so good or poor and you still can't win the presidential election, yeah, you've been marginalized.
When the Democrats have 23 Senate seats up for re-election and Republicans having only 10, and the Republicans still find a way to lose two seats in the Senate, you've been marginalized.
When 93% of Blacks, 71% of Latinos, 73% of Asians, and 58% of all other minorities vote for Obama, in a country where minorities will become the majority, you've been marginalized.
When you have the biggest gender gap in presidential election history and Obama wins single women 62% to 35%, you've been marginalized.
And when you lose five of the last six popular votes in the Presidential Election, and states like Texas will soon be turning into blue states with it's growing Hispanic population, you've been marginalized.

"Again it needs be said. When the country looks like California demographically, it will look like California politically. Republicans are not whistling past the graveyard. They are right at the entrance. " - Pat Buchanan

Maybe you can start seeing the writing on the wall and turn into a more libertarian or moderate party. If not... Bye bye, GOP!

Love it! Blame everything but the REAL reason the Koch Party couldn't get seated. It simply COULDN'T be that the message being presented was unpalatable to thinking voters. Continuous lies which were proven to be blatant and a poorly run smear campaign OUGHT to have persuaded everyone. Staunchly resisting the temptation to say the same thing to 2 different groups ON THE SAME DAY WITH CAMERAS ROLLING should have absolutely no bearing on anyone's decision making process. Just because the republicans managed to alienate anyone who wasn't busy inspecting their own intestines from the inside shouldn't cost them an election.

It was NONE of those things? It was the marginalization of the white voter. That's what you're saying? Seriously? I can't wait for 2016.

Where in my post did I say the loss was because of the "marginalization of the white voter"? My post was about the marginalization of the GOP, who only seems to be interested in getting white conservative votes. The GOP are marginalizing themselves because they seem to be hell bent on demonizing anyone who isn't white and male. And with the demographics of the country quickly changing, they probably should think about changing their message.

Look - I watch Fox too (mostly to hear them back-pedal now). The array of data came from there when THEY used the fact that the white vote now only accounts for less than 70% of the electorate. They used that exact example to gripe about marginalization of white voters.

In your AFP handout sheet, you said "When 93% of Blacks, 71% of Latinos, 73% of Asians, and 58% of all other minorities vote for Obama, in a country where minorities will become the majority, you've been marginalized." The implication being that white voters are being marginalized. So let's not split hairs, k?

Forum List

Back