Can Pole Dancing Make Leap From Strip Bars to Olympics?

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Olympics? Well, it would not be the worst "sport" in the games IMHO. It is what it is. Not for nothing but as a right wing nut job I'm loath to admit that in a sports competition it's super cool if everyone "wins" and goes home with a trophy. However, in this case I think I have to make an exception. See the video of the 2010 US Championships for proof... :tongue:

From Stripteases to Bars, Pole Dancing as an Olympic Sport? - ABC News

The founder of the International Pole Dance Fitness Association says her organization is in talks with the International Olympic Committee to make pole-dancing a "test" sport, as "aerial arts" grows in popularity around the world.

"It's not just one workout," Przeplasko said, explaining the reason behind pole dancing's rise. "When you pole dance, you combine jogging, weightlifting, and dancing all together."

Performers displayed that athleticism at the third annual International Pole Dancing Championships held in Tokyo Thursday.

Winners... :clap2::clap2::clap2:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXaDvcXTwJA[/ame]

Amazing...the chick at 2:15 in the white bikini was astounding. Okay by me, Ragnar.

BTW, when did you become a right wing nut job?

Just a bit of self deprecating humor there. I'm still a libertarian but depending on the issue, I'll refer to myself as a right wing nut-job or a pinko-commie. It likely confuses most and amuses hardly any, except myself (which is all that matters, lol).

PC2010.png

FWIW, there is also video at the ABC link and all the women involved are amazing athletes.

Forum List

Back