Can Obama Supporters Stand to Face the Truth?

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
Sometimes when we let our egos identify with a party or candidate, we put blinders on and refuse to look at facts. We do this because our egos or our personalities have identified with a candidate or a party so much that we fail to recognize truth, or a fact, and it consequently makes supporting that candidate or party easier.

In making this post, I am in no way supporting any other candidates, this is merely an attempt to inform, and to issue a challenge to open minded intelligent posters concerned about the nation. It is a challenge to those who would go out to vote for the re-election of President Obama, do you know whom and what you are actually voting for? Can you watch this documentary from beginning to end, and then still actually vote for this man with a clear conscious? Really? For moral and ethical people, I think the facts speak for themselves. :cool:

Remember, if you are unable to stand watching this to the end, perhaps the irritation you suffer is a revulsion to statements or interviews here or there to some facts you don't like. It is easier to shut off what you don't like. Best to sit through and find out all the facts. And there are lots of them. If you can't stand it, the chances are you will be suffering a severe case of Cognitive Dissonance, and that is proof that you have already ego identified, your mind has closed down, and your stand has nothing to do with what is logically good for the country, but more to do with some nebulous conception of making you feel good about yourself. This is, as I have said, more to do with, and a result of media conditioning. You have my condolences.

Cognitive dissonance is the term used in modern psychology to describe the state of holding two or more conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously. In a state of dissonance, people may sometimes feel surprise, dread, guilt, anger, or embarrassment.[1] The theory of cognitive dissonance in social psychology proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by altering existing cognitions, adding new ones to create a consistent belief system, or alternatively by reducing the importance of any one of the dissonant elements.[1] An example of this would be the conflict between wanting to smoke and knowing that smoking is unhealthy; a person may try to change their feelings about the odds that they will actually suffer the consequences, or they might add the consonant element that the short term benefits of smoking outweigh the long term harm. The need to avoid cognitive dissonance may bias one towards a certain decision even though other factors favour an alternative.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

If you are a free thinking intelligent individual, please, I dare you to accept the challenge. Watch the piece. learn some new facts that you may not have known about Mr. Obama, information that even the Republicans would not dare tell you, because these are decisions that were they in power, they themselves would have made the same choices as well. . . .

Not a video the you will find on Google or Youtube obviously. :tongue:

(Views expressed in this video do not necessarily represent the views of this poster. :wink_2:)

deliverance.gif

Sometimes when we let our egos identify with a party or candidate, we put blinders on and refuse to look at facts. We do this because our egos or our personalities have identified with a candidate or a party so much that we fail to recognize truth, or a fact, and it consequently makes supporting that candidate or party easier.

In making this post, I am in no way supporting any other candidates, this is merely an attempt to inform, and to issue a challenge to open minded intelligent posters concerned about the nation. It is a challenge to those who would go out to vote for the re-election of President Obama, do you know whom and what you are actually voting for? Can you watch this documentary from beginning to end, and then still actually vote for this man with a clear conscious? Really? For moral and ethical people, I think the facts speak for themselves. :cool:

Remember, if you are unable to stand watching this to the end, perhaps the irritation you suffer is a revulsion to statements or interviews here or there to some facts you don't like. It is easier to shut off what you don't like. Best to sit through and find out all the facts. And there are lots of them. If you can't stand it, the chances are you will be suffering a severe case of Cognitive Dissonance, and that is proof that you have already ego identified, your mind has closed down, and your stand has nothing to do with what is logically good for the country, but more to do with some nebulous conception of making you feel good about yourself. This is, as I have said, more to do with, and a result of media conditioning. You have my condolences.

Cognitive dissonance is the term used in modern psychology to describe the state of holding two or more conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously. In a state of dissonance, people may sometimes feel surprise, dread, guilt, anger, or embarrassment.[1] The theory of cognitive dissonance in social psychology proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by altering existing cognitions, adding new ones to create a consistent belief system, or alternatively by reducing the importance of any one of the dissonant elements.[1] An example of this would be the conflict between wanting to smoke and knowing that smoking is unhealthy; a person may try to change their feelings about the odds that they will actually suffer the consequences, or they might add the consonant element that the short term benefits of smoking outweigh the long term harm. The need to avoid cognitive dissonance may bias one towards a certain decision even though other factors favour an alternative.[2]

If you are a free thinking intelligent individual, please, I dare you to accept the challenge. Watch the piece. learn some new facts that you may not have known about Mr. Obama, information that even the Republicans would not dare tell you, because these are decisions that were they in power, they themselves would have made the same choices as well. . . .

(Views expressed in this video do not necessarily represent the views of this poster. :wink_2:)

After closely taking in the actions of the conservative controlled Republican Party for the past decade, I determined I could no longer support their backward ideas, so I left the party and will vote Democrat for the first time in my life.

Yeah yeah, I know, the truth is ever so painful. :eusa_doh:

Obama refuses to sign treaty banning land mines. . .
Land Mine Treaty Won't Be Signed By Obama Administration
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/24/land-mine-treaty-wont-be_n_369658.html
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has decided not to sign an international convention banning land mines.

State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said Tuesday that the administration recently completed a review and decided not to change the Bush-era policy.

"We decided that our land mine policy remains in effect," he said.

More than 150 countries have agreed to the Mine Ban Treaty's provisions to end the production, use, stockpiling and trade in mines. Besides the United States, holdouts include: China, India, Pakistan, Myanmar and Russia.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., criticized the State Department's review of the land mine policy as "cursory and halfhearted."

The senator described the decision to stand fast on the current policy as "a lost opportunity .... The United States took some of the earliest and most effective steps to restrict the use of land mines. We should be leading this effort, not sitting on the sidelines."

Democrats press Obama over US complicity with Honduras' dirty war
America's backing for a regime that is murdering opponents and journalists is a shameful blot on this administration's record

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/mar/22/democrats-press-obama-us-complicity-honduras
Hondurans are still suffering from the effects of the June 2009 military coup that overthrew the democratically elected government of President Manuel Zelaya. The coup has unleashed a wave of violence against political opposition, journalists, small farmers and others, with impunity for the security forces that have been implicated in these killings. This is exactly what those who opposed the coup regime – and its consolidation of power with marred "elections" in November 2009 – feared would happen.

On the wrong side of this fight was the Obama administration, which – after some hesitation – made some statements against the coup but went on do quite a bit to help the coup government succeed. Nearly three years and hundreds of political murders later, it seems that this administration is still on the side of repression and denial of Hondurans' basic human rights.

Nothing has made this clearer than the attempts of Democratic members of the US Congress to pressure the administration to change course. On 9 March, 94 members of the US House of Representatives sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asking her "to suspend US assistance to the Honduran military and police given the credible allegations of widespread, serious violations of human rights attributed to the security forces".

Obama: Child Soldiers Restrictions Easing?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/28/obama-child-soldiers-rest_n_775149.html
On Monday, the Obama administration waived sections of a law meant to prevent the recruitment of child soldiers in Africa, paving the way for new military cooperation with four countries with poor human rights records -- despite their use of underage troops.

"I hereby determine that it is in the national interest of the United States to waive the application to Chad, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sudan, and Yemen of the prohibition in section 404(a) of the [Child Service Prevention Act]," President Obama wrote in a memorandum to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

In 2008, President George W. Bush signed the law, which prohibits U.S. military education and training, foreign military financing, and other defense-related assistance to countries that actively recruit troops under the age of 18. Countries are designated as violators if the State Department's annual Trafficking in Persons report identifies them as recruiting child soldiers.

Academi Formerly Xe Formerly Blackwater USA Formerly Blackwater Worldwide-Video of Criminality
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/04/06/1081346/-Academi-Formerly-Xe-Formerly-Blackwater-USA-Formerly-Blackwater-Worldwide-Video-of-Criminality
Employees of the US military contracting group Academi (formerly Xe, Blackwater USA and Blackwater Worldwide) are seen in new leaked video shooting their machine guns at random while driving through the streets of Baghdad, crashing into other cars and even running over a pedestrian without hesitation. Academi received a $250 million contract by the Obama administration to provide military services in Afghanistan.

And oh so much more. . . .

After closely taking in the actions of the conservative controlled Republican Party for the past decade, I determined I could no longer support their backward ideas, so I left the party and will vote Democrat for the first time in my life.

You should actually watch the video. In no way does it excuse Republicans. The are just as bad, in fact, worse. But voting for those who would cause the looting of America's poor and middle classes, and support the death and enslavement of the world is certainly no solution. Abstaining from participation in a corrupt system or voting third party is a far more ethical choice. Shaking people out of their misinformed consciousness is the way to go sir. The only way to do that is to first get informed. To vote democrat, is to have the blood of innocents personally on your hands.

thank you, from your friends at the conservative party.

Obama Supporters Actually Hate Obama's Policies - YouTube​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Skw-0jv9kts#]
Obama Supporters Actually Hate Obama's Policies - YouTube​
[/ame]!

Forum List

Back