Can Obama hold on to African American voters in 2012?

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
For several months, radio host Tom Joyner has pleaded with his 8 million listeners to get in line behind the first black president.

“Stick together, black people,” says Joyner, whose R&B morning show reaches one in four African American adults.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, an ally of President Obama who has a daily radio show and hosts a nightly cable television program, recently told the president’s black critics, “I’m not telling you to shut up. I’m telling you: Don’t make some of us have to speak up.”

Even as Obama and his campaign play down the suggestion that support among African Americans is flagging, a cadre of powerful allies is snapping back at critics in the black community and making explicit appeals for racial loyalty.

“Let’s not even deal with the facts right now. Let’s deal with just our blackness and pride — and loyalty,” Joyner wrote on his BlackAmericaWeb.com blog. “We have the chance to re-elect the first African-American president, and that’s what we ought to be doing. And I’m not afraid or ashamed to say that as black people, we should do it because he’s a black man.”

Can Obama hold on to African American voters in 2012? - The Washington Post

Nope.. Absolutely nothing racist about black people. Nope.

Yes, of course. Their political allegiance to robo-vote Democrat is intergenerational in modern times. Cain was right, and had the cohones to say it.

A valid question may be whether or not they show up at the polls as they did in 2008. Are they better off than they were 3 years ago? I don't think so.

A valid question may be whether or not they show up at the polls as they did in 2008. Are they better off than they were 3 years ago? I don't think so.

That's pretty much what I see. They just won't show up. Once black people get the idea they have no stake in the outcome, they lose interest. Last time a lot of black people were screaming "Obama gonna pay my mortgage. I don't have to worry about putting gas in my car. Obama gonna do it." Then there was the classy guy taking money from the Obamastash. They won't fall for that again.

Forum List

Back