Can no longer tolerate Japan's terror on human rights

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
At the moment, past imperialistic Japanese military comfort women issue is the hot potato in East Asia. The Japanese government and few extreme rightist politicians are denying, ignoring and neglecting the Japanese military sex slaves issue, an issue that the whole world recognizes as Japan's fault.

Even after half a century, Japan still refuses to self-reflect on the damages done to victim nations. As a human being living on this planet, Japan's ignorance angers me. Moreover, last June, a extreme rightist Japanese installed and filmed a stake that defiles comfort women memorial statue that reminds humankind of the pain Korean comfort women through.

In response, comfort women victims and civil groups sued and the Korean government summoned the Japanese responsible for the act, but the person responsible responded back by threatening to install a stake again. His irrational actions anger me. The Japanese government must not tolerate this terror act on humanity and human rights. If they pardon this terrorist act, Japan will be admitting that they are not a developed country they claim to be.

63279_21344_201.jpg

The Japanese government and few extreme rightist politicians are denying, ignoring and neglecting the Japanese military sex slaves issue, an issue that the whole world recognizes as Japan's fault.

Even after half a century, Japan still refuses to self-reflect on the damages done to victim nations.

All the underlined are not true no matter how many times you repeat them.

Read:
Embassy of Japan in United States of America

Moreover, last June, a extreme rightist Japanese installed and filmed a stake that defiles comfort women memorial statue that reminds humankind of the pain Korean comfort women through.

In response, comfort women victims and civil groups sued and the Korean government summoned the Japanese responsible for the act, but the person responsible responded back by threatening to install a stake again. His irrational actions anger me. The Japanese government must not tolerate this terror act on humanity and human rights. If they pardon this terrorist act, Japan will be admitting that they are not a developed country they claim to be.

One person committing an act of vandalism represents an entire nation? You'd better think about that.

Moreover, last June, a extreme rightist Japanese installed and filmed a stake that defiles comfort women memorial statue that reminds humankind of the pain Korean comfort women through.

One person committing an act of vandalism represents an entire nation? You'd better think about that.

I think you take Japan's shoulders only. At that time, Japan government ordered to organize comfort women directly. This is not the crminal that several japaneses did.
This fact has power to represent a whole of Japan. You'd better think how dirty their past was.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEvZ5ma2Ces&feature=plcp]Japan, open your eyes to truth.wmv - YouTube[/ame] refer to this video

Daum

Denial seems to be a Japanese art form.

Have the Japanese ever really come to terms with the Rape of Nanking, or the cruetly of the Burma Railroad?

Japanese politicians have certainly issued formal apologies for many of the crimes committed before and during WWII, but this may not have translated into the public consciousness.

Although I do think Japan should show contrition over the comfort women issue, it perhaps pales against the current squabbling over the various islands chains in the region.

Last edited:
At the moment, past imperialistic Japanese military comfort women issue is the hot potato in East Asia. The Japanese government and few extreme rightist politicians are denying, ignoring and neglecting the Japanese military sex slaves issue, an issue that the whole world recognizes as Japan's fault.

Even after half a century, Japan still refuses to self-reflect on the damages done to victim nations. As a human being living on this planet, Japan's ignorance angers me. Moreover, last June, a extreme rightist Japanese installed and filmed a stake that defiles comfort women memorial statue that reminds humankind of the pain Korean comfort women through.

63279_21344_201.jpg

Apologies and compensation

Rangoon, Burma. August 8, 1945. A young ethnic Chinese woman who was in one of the Imperial Japanese Army's "comfort battalions" is interviewed by an Allied officer.
In 1965, the Japanese government awarded $364 million to the Korean government for all war damages, including the injury done to comfort women.[52] In 1994, the Japanese government set up the Asian Women's Fund to distribute additional compensation to South Korea, the Philippines, Taiwan, the Netherlands, and Indonesia. [53] Each survivor was provided with a signed apology from the then prime minister Tomiichi Murayama, stating "As Prime Minister of Japan, I thus extend anew my most sincere apologies and remorse to all the women who underwent immeasurable and painful experiences and suffered incurable physical and psychological wounds as comfort women."[54] The fund was dissolved on March 31, 2007.[55]

Three Korean women filed suit in Japan in December, 1991, around the time of the 50th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack, demanding compensation for forced prostitution. They introduced documents found by history Professor Yoshiaki Yoshida that had been stored at the Japanese Defense Agency since their return to Japan by United States troops in 1958.[56] Subsequently, on January 14, 1992, Japanese Chief Government Spokesman Koichi Kato issued an official apology saying "We cannot deny that the former Japanese army played a role" in abducting and detaining the "comfort girls, " and "We would like to express our apologies and contrition".[57][56][58] Three days later on January 17, 1992 at a dinner given by South Korean President Roh Tae Woo, the Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa told his host: " We Japanese should first and foremost recall the truth of that tragic period when Japanese actions inflicted suffering and sorrow upon your people. We should never forget our feelings of remorse over this. As Prime Minister of Japan, I would like to declare anew my remorse at these deeds and tender my apology to the people of the Republic of Korea." and apologized again the following day in a speech before South Korea's National Assembly.[59][60] On April 28, 1998, the Japanese court ruled that the Government must compensate the women and awarded them US$2,300 ($3,280 in 2012) each.[61]

In 2007 the surviving sex slaves wanted an apology from the Japanese government. Shinzō Abe, the prime minister at the time, stated on March 1, 2007, that there was no evidence that the Japanese government had kept sex slaves, even though the Japanese government had already admitted the use of brothels in 1993. On March 27 the Japanese parliament issued an official apology.[62]

Comfort women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you take Japan's shoulders only. At that time, Japan government ordered to organize comfort women directly. This is not the crminal that several japaneses did.
This fact has power to represent a whole of Japan. You'd better think how dirty their past was.

Did you read the link I posted? What these women were subjected to is not and has not been denied or ignored. Read the link.

Japanese politicians have certainly issued formal apologies for many of the crimes committed before and during WWII, but this may not have translated into the public consciousness.

Upon what do you base this comment? Nothing? I expect so.

Upon what do you base this comment? Nothing? I expect so.
I think he's basing it on bluesky79's post. And... To be honest I never paid much attention to this subject matter myself.

Shelzin -

Ignore my stalker!

My comments are based on the experiences of one of my best friends, who is Japanese. At school she was not taught about either the Comfort Women or the Rape of Nanking - at least not in any detail.

She told me how shocked she was to learn of these events as an adult, and how strange it seemed to her that Japan had whitewashed its own history internally, while appearing to the world to have learned lessons.

Similar thoughts have been expressed by people like Kazuo Ishiguro and Haruki Murakami in their work as well - 'Remains of the Day' and 'Wind-Up Bird Chronicle' respectively, for instance.

Germany has learned contrition - I do not believe Japan has.

Last edited:
My comments are based on the experiences of one of my best friends, who is Japanese. At school she was not taught about either the Comfort Women or the Rape of Nanking - at least not in any detail.

Your friend wasn't paying attention or (more likely) you are just lying. Schools do teach the details of WWII (I've posted dozens of links about this), popular books have been published on related subjects, the government has formally apologized dozens of times, and private citizens have taken it upon themselves to raise money to give to surviving victims of such atrocities.

You are full of shit once again.

Japan's WWII record on human rights and crimes against humanity (especially but not limited to China) is horrid.

But the USA had the chance to bring the leaders responsible for that to justice at least as far as we were concerned.

Korea and China have not had that opportunity to extract revenge, so I can see why Japan's refusal to admit their crimes against Chinese and Kornean nationals is still a sore point in those nations; relationship with Japan.

I mean what people of ANY nation wouldn't want Japan to admit that they wrong if that had happned to their people?

Forum List

Back