Can mods and administrators see ...

No. All volunteers.

First of all I want to make clear that the following is not intended for bagging rep or sucking up to the boss. I'd post it anonymously if I could.

I think we are all very very lucky to have you and the mods taking care of this board. Even though I am sometimes critical of the policies and how they are applied, overall, this is one of the best, fairest, most conscientiously moderated boards I've ever seen. I have such admiration for how you guys manage to keep this place shipshape without being intrusive, how you put your own opinions and political bent aside when making decisions and also the amount of time you put in here. Because of your work and the delicate balance of free speech against rants and chaos that you maintain, this board has attracted a very bright and well spoken group of posters.

I also want to thank the owner, (the real one, not me) for investing in this place

Okay, enough serious talk. Back to flaming and shouting matches. :lol:

First of all I want to make clear that the following is not intended for bagging rep or sucking up to the boss. I'd post it anonymously if I could.

I think we are all very very lucky to have you and the mods taking care of this board. Even though I am sometimes critical of the policies and how they are applied, overall, this is one of the best, fairest, most conscientiously moderated boards I've ever seen. I have such admiration for how you guys manage to keep this place shipshape without being intrusive, how you put your own opinions and political bent aside when making decisions and also the amount of time you put in here. Because of your work and the delicate balance of free speech against rants and chaos that you maintain, this board has attracted a very bright and well spoken group of posters.

I also want to thank the owner, (the real one, not me) for investing in this place

Okay, enough serious talk. Back to flaming and shouting matches. :lol:
I wonder how much he makes off this place?
Sometimes I really wish I add some mad computer skills!:lol:

Also I was wondering who Merlin was, I am guessing he or she passed away? I have meaning to ask for awhile!

By sucking up to the previous administrator?
:razz:

No. I actually used to have the time and inclination to wear out useless leftwingnut arguments on a daily basis.;)

When I joined this board, the Administrator had like 17 rep power.:eusa_eh: I had to get a WHOLE LOT more reps to get the points you get in one click now.

I wonder how much he makes off this place?
Sometimes I really wish I add some mad computer skills!:lol:

You don't need mad computing skills to own a message board. Just volunteers to run it. The fair political message boards are hard to come by, and even harder to start and maintain.

Merlin passed away a few years ago. He used to be a highly-repected member of this board. The ribbon was made in tribute to him by the then-admin of the board.
That is what I figured! Well it is nice you guys have the ribbon for a tribute!

You don't need mad computing skills to own a message board. Just volunteers to run it. The fair political message boards are hard to come by, and even harder to start and maintain.
I don't plan on starting my own anytime soon but in general it would be nice to have 'mad' computer skills!:eusa_drool: I can do the basics just enough to get by, maybe I should take a class sometime!

Forum List

Back