Can mods and administrators see ...

actually, if you have access to the database, you can go into the raw data files and read them
its a major PITA but it can be done

i would think it would require something of a rather serious nature to get someone to need to do that, but it IS possible

As far as I am concerned, it is not. I consider it an invasion of privacy unless it is a legal issue. If it's a legal issue, we have an owner and a tech.

Those staff members that actively post on the board have no reason to access PMs.

actually, if you have access to the database, you can go into the raw data files and read them
its a major PITA but it can be done

i would think it would require something of a rather serious nature to get someone to need to do that, but it IS possible

That's generally something only an owner would have access to, and it's a *major* pain in the ass.

I think the USMB's rules and regulations thread states that they can't or won't access PMs without a being instructed to do so by law enforcement.

I think the USMB's rules and regulations thread states that they can't or won't access PMs without a being instructed to do so by law enforcement.

And even then, Mods/Admin can't do it. The owner has to..

Typically, owners aren't stupid enough to give their administrators database access, since that means they can lock the owner out. :)

Typically, owners aren't stupid enough to give their administrators database access, since that means they can lock the owner out. :)
Gunny would never do that , would he? Pull a coup d'étât?:eek:

Last edited:

LOL

you cant lock out the owner, he's the one with contact with the host

Nope. But how many owners do you know would take that chance?
I'm the only message board owner I know and if Gunny were to do that to me, I hire a mercenary army of possums to take back the board.

LOL

you cant lock out the owner, he's the one with contact with the host

If you have access to PMs, you have access to *everything*. Been there, had that. I never said the owner can't get back in - simply said he can be locked out. :)

I'm the only message board owner I know and if Gunny were to do that to me, I hire a mercenary army of possums to take back the board.

Well, that collection of guns of his would get some use...

We cannot access private messages and if we could, I would ensure no one could or did. That's taking things a step too far, IMO.

I can read rep comments. I'll double-check, but I believe the moderators can as well.
Do you get paid? And do moderators get paid?

Dis is correct, and we cannot. Last I heard it requires specific software that we do not have in place and/or does not exist to my knowledge.

Gunny would never do that , would he? Pull a coup d'étât?:eek:

If I wanted to be an owner, I was offered this board, or I could start my own. I have no desire to own one; which. would preclude me wanting to steal it.

At the same time, I consider it only common sense that an owner has at least ONE level no one can get to just in case such an event occurs. That STILL leaves the owner with the nuke button.

Forum List

Back