Can mods and administrators see ...

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
.... rep comments between other posters?

Should they not be considered as private as PMs?

Yes

No.

Quit being paranoid.
And how do you know? Are you one of the super secret mods? The ones who can read my mind and who are leaving hidden messages for me in my morning bowl of Alpha-bits cereal?

And how do you know? Are you one of the super secret mods? The ones who can read my mind and who are leaving hidden messages for me in my morning bowl of Alpha-bits cereal?

I am but a simple man that understands message board forum software and databases.
It only seems magical to the uninitiated.

Mods typically can't on a vB forum, though I don't recall if that remains true for super mods. Admins can, and I know that MyBB admins can read private messages. I don't recall if vB admins can.

.... rep comments between other posters?

Should they not be considered as private as PMs?

Yes we can, and no they are not as "private" as PMs.

Admin/mods view the comments in private. Please note is against the rules to post the contents of PMs on the baord. It is not against the rules to forward those PMs to a admin/mod if one feels it is necessary.

The rules also state that the same rules that apply on the board apply to PMs. If there is a violation or suspected violation, or just general harrassment via PM, members are expected to bring that to the staff's attention if they want it resolved.

Mods typically can't on a vB forum, though I don't recall if that remains true for super mods. Admins can, and I know that MyBB admins can read private messages. I don't recall if vB admins can.

We cannot access private messages and if we could, I would ensure no one could or did. That's taking things a step too far, IMO.

I can read rep comments. I'll double-check, but I believe the moderators can as well.

We cannot access private messages and if we could, I would ensure no one could or did. That's taking things a step too far, IMO.

I can read rep comments. I'll double-check, but I believe the moderators can as well.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Do you guys read rep comments as a matter of procedure? The same way you patrol the forums for offensive posts? Or do you look at rep comments only in the case where a member has a issue with rep abuse or something similar?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Do you guys read rep comments as a matter of procedure? The same way you patrol the forums for offensive posts? Or do you look at rep comments only in the case where a member has a issue with rep abuse or something similar?

only if someone has an issue with rep abuse or something similar.

actually, if you have access to the database, you can go into the raw data files and read them
its a major PITA but it can be done

i would think it would require something of a rather serious nature to get someone to need to do that, but it IS possible

actually, if you have access to the database, you can go into the raw data files and read them
its a major PITA but it can be done

i would think it would require something of a rather serious nature to get someone to need to do that, but it IS possible

I read all of the eel lady's already -----ZZZZZZZZZZ.

Forum List

Back