Can men and women be just friends??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFWGOKuFyjk]When Harry Met Sally(Men&WomenCanNotBeFriends)-Part I - YouTube[/ame]

Can men and women be just friends??

Sure ...why not? I have several women friends. Have had hundreds over the years. Things can change ... If there is a mutual sexual attraction that is acted upon then it complicates the balance of a pure friendship... It either draws the two closer together into a very tight relationship or places a wedge between two good friends. I would say yes..for sure men and women can be friends. I recommend it as the foundation to any kind of a relationship you want to be serious about. I find it fun to be attracted to someone you respect and don't act on the attraction. I have a hard time being friends with a woman I don't find attractive. I like to hang out with confident people of either sex. Unattractive people are seldom confident.

I confess, I have friends of the opposite sex with whom I have been "just friends" for years. I work with both men and women, with whom I would never think to be other than friends or co-workers. Although I have never entertained sexual thoughts to either/or, I cannot vouch for all of them. I can say, I have viewed few of them as sexual objects. (I am celibate, so I may not count.)

Some people who claim to be celibate aren't. They are asexual so the attraction isn't even there.

Yes.
Absolutely yes.

One particular male friend of mine, well we met a couple of months before I met my husband. Not knowing at the time that they grew up together and were best friends. I met Mr. masq, started dating him and accepted his proposal for marraige. I'll give you one guess who our best man was. Yup. Anyway, that was almost 24 years ago and he still is one of my best friends. So is my husband. :)

It depends.

If there is any physical attraction at all then the sex thing will eventually get in the way.

If there is absolutely no physical attraction then maybe.

Yes. I have several off-gender friends....some since high school...some since mid-life...some since I turned 65...

Forum List

Back