Can man govern himself?

I think that's what we are all discussing. Or I hope that is.

we need the government for the BIG things;

roads, schools, military, police, fire

but for most everything else we can govern ourselves (or suffer the consequences)

I don't mind paying taxes to support the military and local police and fire and roads

but I don't need OTHER PEOPLE (or big government) telling me what to eat, drink or smoke

if I eat all the wrong things and end up in a very unhealthy state then that is MY FAULT and MY PROBLEM and nobody else should be made to pay for it

Sorry, but we don't need the government for schools. Only a lazy parent would expect their child to be "educated" in a government school.

Why would the supreme being have to make a deal with anyone?

makes his existence more interesting.

Well when about 1/3 of your help revolts.....
I've read the bible. Lucifer is the hero.

He led a rebellion against a cruel tyrant, rallying ~ 1/3 of the population to his cause.

Like the FF would later do- in direct opposition to god's law in Romans.

And that's YHWH's version of the story!

He may also have been associated with the Grigori, who gave us art, science, and culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

but for most everything else we can govern ourselves (or suffer the consequences)

I don't mind paying taxes to support the military and local police and fire and roads

but I don't need OTHER PEOPLE (or big government) telling me what to eat, drink or smoke

if I eat all the wrong things and end up in a very unhealthy state then that is MY FAULT and MY PROBLEM and nobody else should be made to pay for it

Sorry, but we don't need the government for schools. Only a lazy parent would expect their child to be "educated" in a government school.

where-as I would prefer that children not be indoctrinated in religious institutions

you OPPOSE public schools
I SUPPORT them and want them to improve

I disagree.

you oppose roads?
you would prefer...dirt paths?

you oppose the military?
you would prefer to speak chinese?

you oppose the police force?
you would prefer to settle things in the street with guns blazing?

you oppose a fire deprt?
you would prefer to have your house burn to the ground?

Forum List

Back