Can "Liberals" Still Be Called "Liberals" After Voting for Hillary?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
If 10-15 years ago you had told true-blue liberals that they would be voting for someone who had been an Establishment insider all her life, who had supported every misguided military intervention in the last two decades, who had taken--and was still taking--tens of millions of dollar from foreign interests, who was taking millions of dollars from Wall Street, who had given private--and unreleased--speeches to Wall Street bankers for huge fees, who was actually a "Goldwater Girl" in high school, and who had severely flip-flopped on everything from gay marriage to the Iraq War to free trade (indeed, who, until a few months ago, was an ardent defender of NAFTA), they would have blushed and scoffed.

And if you had told them that they would vote for this person when there was a true-blue liberal in the race, i.e., Jill Stein, they would have said that was impossible.

So, can so-called "liberals" still be called "liberals" after this election? How?

Can Americans be called true Americans if they don't vote for Gary Johnson.

So called conservatives cannot be called conservatives if they vote Trump.

anybody left of center is considered a liberal. some of those that are 'true blue' liberals will still vote green party out of principle, but those die hards that vote for Hillary will be doing so because of the end game... ie.... not letting an orange overlord with feelings of inadequacy & a penchant for oligarchy get the keys to the whitehouse.

If 10-15 years ago you had told true-blue liberals that they would be voting for someone who had been an Establishment insider all her life, who had supported every misguided military intervention in the last two decades, who had taken--and was still taking--tens of millions of dollar from foreign interests, who was taking millions of dollars from Wall Street, who had given private--and unreleased--speeches to Wall Street bankers for huge fees, who was actually a "Goldwater Girl" in high school, and who had severely flip-flopped on everything from gay marriage to the Iraq War to free trade (indeed, who, until a few months ago, was an ardent defender of NAFTA), they would have blushed and scoffed.

And if you had told them that they would vote for this person when there was a true-blue liberal in the race, i.e., Jill Stein, they would have said that was impossible.

So, can so-called "liberals" still be called "liberals" after this election? How?

I won't vote for Clinton and I cannot, at this time, vote for the Green Party. Clinton is right wing. I remember when there was a lot of talk of the Green Party uniting with the libertarians.

Take a look at this:
II. Social Justice (2016)

and then this:

Bureau of Justice Statistics Prisoners 2014

From the get go it's some bullshit.
Now either the Green Party is operating from a place of ignorance or deception. I do not have the time for either one. There is a difference between legalization and decriminalization of drugs. I am not ok with legalization. Further, a lot of what they want is already in existence in alternatives. Filler fluff?

One thing is for sure, anyone who votes for Hitlery can be called stupid.

Not that I would consider anyone who's happily voting for the world's richest professional clown a fuckin genius.

We are soooooo fucked.

Those who vote for Hillary are the useful idiots of the corporate state that controls America. A bunch of unwitting dupes acquiescing to the fraud (illusion of democracy) being perpetrated against the American people by the inverted totalitarian regime in our midst. I see nothing liberal about a continuation of the assault on humanity from the neocon/neoliberal ideologies that she represents.

"Liberals" all became Stalinists decades ago.

Its laughable that they're trying to sell Hillary as "right-wing." It only shows how far left they've fallen.

If 10-15 years ago you had told true-blue liberals that they would be voting for someone who had been an Establishment insider all her life, ?

Isn't amusing having a right wing nut job tell Liberals what we should be believing?

Hillary Clinton is a textbook liberal- advancing liberal causes since she supported Eugene McCarthy.

As a liberal I will gladly vote for Hillary Clinton.

If 10-15 years ago you had told true-blue liberals that they would be voting for someone who had been an Establishment insider all her life, ?

Isn't amusing having a right wing nut job tell Liberals what we should be believing?

Hillary Clinton is a textbook liberal- advancing liberal causes since she supported Eugene McCarthy.

As a liberal I will gladly vote for Hillary Clinton.

When did regime changes become textbook liberal? Wait.......are you sure you didn't mean neoliberal?

Forum List

Back