Can Justices On The Supreme Court Phone It In????

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
Ginsberg voted today on the decision to knock down Trumps policy on asylum seekers who enter the country unlawfully. I'm curious how she participated from her hospital bed? I can't find anything online.

Thoughts?

Swell. So she didn't hear the arguments, just phoned in her "I hate Trump phone call. What a waste of space on that court.

Rare, very rare indeed for an 85 year old to recover from TWO cancer lumps on her lung......personally, I think she passed a few years ago, they stuffed her like a teddy bear, carry her in like they did in "A weekend at Bernie's," and have been having her law clerks write her decidions.....Got to use a can or 2 of Febreze on her daily, or she would be a sure giveaway!

5b34ae668faac31c008b4609-1136-852.jpg

Phone, email, text, proxy. messenger, etc etc.

So how'd that work in the 1800s?

Its 2018 right now. What does the 1800's have to do with your OP?

So why would a congressman have to be physically present?

You didnt answer my question. What does the 1800's have to do with your OP?

You didn't answer mine either, plus you provided no link to support your assertion in your first post. You opinion is worthless.

Phone, email, text, proxy. messenger, etc etc.

You didn't answer mine either, plus you provided no link to support your assertion in your first post. You opinion is worthless.

I did answer your question. I gave you several ways the judge could have voted.

Supreme Court rejects Trump's asylum ban in 5-4 ruling as Chief Justice Roberts sides with liberal judges

Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative judge who was appointed by Republican President George W. Bush, voted with the court's four liberals. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, one of the courts liberal judges, also voted before the 85-year-old jurist underwent a pulmonary lobectomy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City to remove cancerous growths from her lung.

But where did she vote from? NY or physically present in the court?

Supreme Court rejects Trump's asylum ban in 5-4 ruling as Chief Justice Roberts sides with liberal judges

Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative judge who was appointed by Republican President George W. Bush, voted with the court's four liberals. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, one of the courts liberal judges, also voted before the 85-year-old jurist underwent a pulmonary lobectomy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City to remove cancerous growths from her lung.

Who cares where she voted from?

No, you provided no evidence a judge can vote absentee. It wouldn't have mattered in this case, but it could effect future decisions.

No, you provided no evidence a judge can vote absentee. It wouldn't have mattered in this case, but it could effect future decisions.

I dont have to provide evidence a judge can vote absentee. That wasnt your question. This was your question. :rolleyes:

"I'm curious how she participated from her hospital bed?"

I am very curious about that. I winder who we could write to to get an answer on whether they have to be present for arguments,

I do, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question. Consistency in government is necessary, if a congresscritter can't phone it in, why should a judge?

I do, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question. Consistency in government is necessary, if a congresscritter can't phone it in, why should a judge?

Because a congress person isnt a judge? Apples and oranges. if you want consistency then call them all judges or all congress people.

I am very curious about that. I winder who we could write to to get an answer on whether they have to be present for arguments,

I don't know, last time I wrote the Chief Justice I didn't get a response, of course I was questioning the hypocrisy of the court.

Forum List

Back