Can it happen in the US?

Can it happen here?

• Total voters
Since they have all happened at some point in our history I would have to say the answer is rather obvious...... :eusa_whistle:

That's tough. I'd rule out foreign invasion just because of our geography. We've already had a Civil War but that doesn't rule out the possibility of another based on other bitter ideologies. We've had economic collapse and high inflation before and we're teetering on the edge once again so those are possibilities too.

That's tough. I'd rule out foreign invasion just because of our geography. We've already had a Civil War but that doesn't rule out the possibility of another based on other bitter ideologies. We've had economic collapse and high inflation before and we're teetering on the edge once again so those are possibilities too.

We are being invaded daily by Mexico.

War of 1812 ring a bell?

War of 1812 ring a bell?

Sure but I can't picture an invading army/navy from the sea/land today, nukes, yeah.

Last edited:
I don't think you could see a civil war again, because states & people are well mixed, unorganized, powerless. It would be like 1/2 the nation would leave their homes, to go assemble at some point to form a line, and then the military would be all over it by that point to insure domestic tranquility.

What you do not mention is rebellion and insurrection by large groups of people in some local area, to destroy and vandalize, or hurt people there that don't share their views. And there maybe groups of militia that make take on a subversive cause and kill a lot of people swiftly or more concealed and slowly over time to get compliance or revenge. Unibomber comes to mind.

And I will be interested to see how all these unemployed react to no mon, no fun. We could get some riots and heavy violent protests.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back