Can it be true? Obama orders Miranda Rights for Foreign enemies!!!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
In a story by Stephen F. Hayes in the Weekly Standard, The Obama Administration has ordered the FBI and CIA to give terrorists anywhere in the world the Rights of an American Citizen, they must be read their Miranda rights.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense.

QUESTION?
Has he turned foreign terrorists & enemy combatants into American citizens on the battlefield? Are we the American taxpayer to pay for these enemy combatants attorneys?

Obama is on video during the campaign season specifically stating that HE WOULD NEVER DO THIS. Is this story true?

http://www.examiner.com/x-7715-Port...d10-Miranda-Rights-for-nonAmerican-Terrorists

Last edited:
In a story by Stephen F. Hayes in the Weekly Standard, The Obama Administration has ordered the FBI and CIA to give terrorists anywhere in the world the Rights of an American Citizen, they must be read their Miranda rights.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense.

QUESTION?
Has he turned foreign terrorists & enemy combatants into American citizens on the battlefield? Are we the American taxpayer to pay for these enemy combatants attorneys?
Obama is on video during the campaign season specifically stating that HE WOULD NEVER DO THIS.
Is this story true?

And did you believe the obamalama when he stood before ye and proclaimed he "never heard Rev. Bullfrog"? welldidyahuh?

So...we're essentially declaring all of the US enemies are US citizens now, and have the right, if they are ever accused of a crime, to free legal counsel!

Wahoo!

I just want to know if it's true or not?

Hard to tell, the original story looks awfully suspicious because it doesn't name any current officials confirming or denying it.... in the story we have ...

• Rogers, a former FBI special agent and U.S. Army officer
  • according a senior Republican on the House Intelligence Committee (unnamed)
  • A lawyer who has worked on detainee issues for the U.S. government (unnamed)

And this which may or may not be in the context of the subject of the article.
"But Republicans on Capitol Hill are not happy. “When they mirandize a suspect, the first thing they do is warn them that they have the 'right to remain silent,’” says Representative Pete Hoekstra, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. “It would seem the last thing we want is Khalid Sheikh Mohammed or any other al-Qaeda terrorist to remain silent. Our focus should be on preventing the next attack, not giving radical jihadists a new tactic to resist interrogation--lawyering up.”

I would say this would only stand to lay the ground work to try these folks in US court more easily. We don't want to get one of these guys on trial and have a Miranda issue.

QUESTION?

Obama is on video during the campaign season specifically stating that HE WOULD NEVER DO THIS. Is this story true?

Miranda Rights for non-American Terrorists

Oh man...Obama is doing things which make it easier to try terrorists...what an evil, evil guy he is. :cuckoo:

I would say this would only stand to lay the ground work to try these folks in US court more easily. We don't want to get one of these guys on trial and have a Miranda issue.

Wouldn't be an issue, individuals classified as unlawful/enemy combatants aren't afforded any constitutional rights anyways, thus they're not entitled to a trial in civil courts. They'd be tried by a military court as directed by the UCMJ (if I'm not mistaken).

Wouldn't be an issue, individuals classified as unlawful/enemy combatants aren't afforded any constitutional rights anyways, thus they're not entitled to a trial in civil courts. They'd be tried by a military court as directed by the UCMJ (if I'm not mistaken).

Incorrect. USSC has declared that they be given habeus rights.

No constitutional rights?

The US Supreme Court's 'Enemy Combatant' Decisions: A 'Major Victory for the Rule of Law'? -- Moeckli 10 (1): 75 -- Journal of Conflict and Security Law

QUESTION?

Oh man...Obama is doing things which make it easier to try terrorists...what an evil, evil guy he is. :cuckoo:

NIK this only makes sense if you immediately withdraw the military and replace them all with FBI agents.

Starting to see the absurdity yet?

QUESTION?

NIK this only makes sense if you immediately withdraw the military and replace them all with FBI agents.

Anyone who is qualified to interrogate someone is qualified to memorize a short paragraph to say before they start interrogating them.

Or do you think members of the US military are too stupid to memorize a few lines?

The article in question-- DOES NOT state that Obama ordered Miranda rights for enemy combatants? You know--we have seen left wing bloggers do this kind of thing for years now. That's why every liberal on this board has their own Bush Conspiracy theory hand-book in their back pockets. I do not want to see the right in this country act like the left.

We on the right have enough FACTS to debate the left- we don't need these kind of misleading--stories--to make a point.

To all on this board I APOLOGIZE for posting this thread prior to actually reading the article in question. But at least I didn't cost you 787 Billion for my error.

No constitutional rights?

The US Supreme Court's 'Enemy Combatant' Decisions: A 'Major Victory for the Rule of Law'? -- Moeckli 10 (1): 75 -- Journal of Conflict and Security Law

Are you attempting to say assert that enemy/unlawful combatants do or do not enjoy constitutional rights, if you are attempting to assert that they do, perhaps you should actually read the article you linked first.

Anyone who is qualified to interrogate someone is qualified to memorize a short paragraph to say before they start interrogating them.

Or do you think members of the US military are too stupid to memorize a few lines?

We can't afford to reduce unit cohesion so that soldiers can be present to testify at trials. Further, soldiers are not trained in criminal procedure, crime scene maintenance etc. And, soldiers don't interrogate, but they do take prisoners into custody. If the ultimate object is now to try prisoners in court, then we need police officers to do this job not soldiers.

Incorrect. USSC has declared that they be given habeus rights.

Which decision was that ? I'm only (vaguely) familiar with the case that afforded habeus corpus to gitmo prisoners which I don't believe equates carte blanche to all enemy/unlawful combatants... I'm no lawyer (thank the lord) but that's my understanding of it.

Forum List

Back