Can Israel Survive

Jul 9, 2009
Just for know lets put aside past events and look at the here and now. Israel as a nation has fairly good armed forces, allegedly has a certain number of nukes and well at least for the time being has America as an ally.

The down side is, Israel is surrounded by nations who at best do not trust the Israelis or their intentions. Some of these nations are backed and supplied by the likes of Russia and China to name a few.

Israel compared to its neighbours has a tiny population, in any protracted conflict could it continue to fight for any lengthy time. If Israel decides to attack Iran either alone of with the help of the US will such an action bring Russia/China into play?

Would that be the goals of the perps, to take out the US/Israel at the same time. If Israel goes it alone and we end up with radioactive clouds circling the globe and affecting the surrounding nations what will be the reaction to that.

It would seem that Israel has only one option and that is to make peace. Stop the racism and lies and learn to live with its neighbours. Any other scenario would mean the destruction of Israel, surely its leaders must realise this. Or do they just have the well if we go down we will take as many as we can with us mentality.

So given the above just what are Israels chances of survival. History has shown us that conflict has a habit of remapping nations, borders shift and move etc. But given its current stance and attitude can Israel survive.

Israel and the Jewish people have survived many atrocities committed upon them. The do not take a victim mentality, and the heart of the Jewish faith is peace. One must first understand that the conflicts Israel faces is not a political conflict. That came into being when Israel became a State. This is a battle over a promise from God. A religious battle.

To truly understand, one must be willing to read the first 5 books of the Bible, then study the history of Israel's wars and you will learn, that America and other countries arrived very late on the scene. Israel and her small army had already won the major defeats. If God's promise to Abraham through Isaac was not true, then Israel would not be a State today. Israel exists because they are the apple of God's eye.

You cannot understand this conflict with a western mindset or with a visit to Gaza. You can only understand the conflict if you walk the entire land and learn about the people.
I invite you to join me on a trip to Israel this October.
To learn more about Israel visit: The Heart of Israel

It's unfortunate that the desegregation of israel will be seen by standard issue zionists as the destruction of israel. Only by understanding, and coming to terms with, the fact that jews are not the only child of that land will they come to know peace. A United Palisrael where all ethnicities share democratic equality is the only solution.

ps, the premise that this conflict is a religious war based on promises of some god is just asinine. You might as well validate 72 virgins theories and suicide bombs.

Again, I would recommend that one would read the first 5 books of the bible to understand the conflict. It appears to me that many have not chosen to read this or the comment "the premise this is a religious war based on promises of some god is just asinine...' would not have been made. Once again, a western mind- set cannot understand the Middle East mind set as both people Jews and Arabs are moved by their religious faith. It is who they are! As for 72 virgins... I won't argue Islam's teaching but I will say it's not about the virgins. It's about the purest form of HATE! Women will blow their children up to kill some Jews. Again, I urge you to read and study with an open mind. Try reading one of Walid Shoebat's books.

As for 72 virgins... I won't argue Islam's teaching but I will say it's not about the virgins. It's about the purest form of HATE! Women will blow their children up to kill some Jews.

With statements like this, you mark yourself as part of the problem, rather then part of the solution. I don't think you want to get into a debate about which side has destroyed more or has more hate.

You are making the point quite well that because of intolerance and unwillingness to compromise, peace will fail, again and again.

Don't bother to reply to me, unless for your own satisfaction, as I will not respond. Debate with someone who thinks ethnic cleansing is the fulfillment of God's will is rather pointless.

Again, I would recommend that one would read the first 5 books of the bible to understand the conflict. It appears to me that many have not chosen to read this or the comment "the premise this is a religious war based on promises of some god is just asinine...' would not have been made. Once again, a western mind- set cannot understand the Middle East mind set as both people Jews and Arabs are moved by their religious faith. It is who they are! As for 72 virgins... I won't argue Islam's teaching but I will say it's not about the virgins. It's about the purest form of HATE! Women will blow their children up to kill some Jews. Again, I urge you to read and study with an open mind. Try reading one of Walid Shoebat's books.

I've read the bible. it has nothing to do with the social realities that cause the conflict in israel. Your assumption about what comment would or would not have been made means two things: jack and shit. Religious faith does not comprise the total identity of anyone. To regard this conflict as merely an extension of dogma, again, is just asinine.

And, spare me the hate talk about muslims, mr inquisition. If you can hate based on solely your faith then you really have no platform to stand on when pointing a finger at muslims. Hell, your culture sends it's kids off to war too.. and you don't bat a fucking eye. I assure you, if arabs had apaches they'd be using them instead of IEDs. You ironic pharisee christians never cease to make me laugh.

Forum List

Back