Can islam make a "healthy" society

No theocracy can produce a "healthy" society. Organized religion is the biggest man-made scourge on this planet. The only society that can be a healthy society is a tolerant secular society - a live and let live society.

Partisanship, i.e. the democrats and republicans/liberals and conservatives, is the new theocracy.

Or theocrazy if you are a spelling nanny.

Islam and healthy together is a oxymoron. :eusa_eh:

There is no such thing as a healthy society run on a single religion or ideology, and theocracy is generally a bad idea.

well true enough, christianity and healthy are oxymoronic too.

as are partisan and healthy.

Extremist ideologues are not dangerous, they are THE most dangerous expression of society that has ever existed.

The difference between a healthy society and Nazi Germany is the quality of leadership whose authority the people will subscribe to.

Our founding fathers had legendary high standards.

While we are raking the bottom of the barrel.

There was no partisanship in Nazi Germany.
I guess that fact pretty much blows your whole theory to smithereens.

There is no such thing as a healthy society run on a single religion or ideology, and theocracy is generally a bad idea.

Extremist ideologues are not dangerous, they are THE most dangerous expression of society that has ever existed.

The difference between a healthy society and Nazi Germany is the quality of leadership whose authority the people will subscribe to.

Hardly, The Nazi party was 100% partisan. Hence the term "Nazi PARTY".

Party/partisan, get it?

You aren't really very bright. If you can't manage the discussion don't embarrass yourself by playing waaaaaay outside your league.

Just saying, Silly Rabbi. I don't mean to grind your nose into the dust, but when you beg me to do it, well I must.

I hope it as good for you as it is for me.

Last edited:
Islam is not a "healthy" society.
If islam supports this treatment, should we be very particular about the muslim sects that come to this country? The government has to be complaisant for this to occur. If the government is taken over by the religious extremists, is this possible, here, or anywhere else in the world? Should a condition of the green card or citizenship requirement be: follow the current laws, and do nothing to diminish this country?

We here all about how terrible this country treats people; why is there absolute silence about how other societies treat their own?

YouTube - The Canvas Prison

What you are seeing is what happens when a religion takes over government.

I guess Article 11 of the Treaty of Tropoli gives you warm fussies:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..

Hardly, The Nazi party was 100% partisan. Hence the term "Nazi PARTY".

Party/partisan, get it?

You aren't really very bright. If you can't manage the discussion don't embarrass yourself by playing waaaaaay outside your league.

Just saying, Silly Rabbi. I don't mean to grind your nose into the dust, but when you beg me to do it, well I must.

I hope it as good for you as it is for me.

Wow, what a joker you are, playing silly word games.
You are a world-class wanker and dunce of epic proportions.
fwiw, the early American republic was far more partisan than even what we have today. The election of Adams occurred by only 3 electoral votes and Hamilton had tried to undermine the outcome, proposing they elect someone else instead of Adams.
Partisanship goes hand in hand with free debate and healthy democracy. Lack of partisanship is found in one-party totalitarian states.
So you're wrong again, dumbshit. But you must be used to it by now.

A willfully ignorant statement.

If they can't be a "healthy" society , what are we doing in their countries? Trying to change the mindset of a billion people has about as much chance of success as teaching a fire ant to bark.

If they can't be a "healthy" society , what are we doing in their countries? Trying to change the mindset of a billion people has about as much chance of success as teaching a fire ant to bark.

Then the question begging to be asked is: Is our own society 'healthy'? :eek:

Last edited:
I still find it odd that we are discussion whether something can make a healthy society without defining what a healthy society is.

Seems alittle silly to exclude this step to me.

Where laws apply equally to all citizens (not give special privalidges to 'select' groups). Where people are given freedom to search out truth for themselves (the gov doesn't censor the reading material). Where people have the right to defend themselves (some places punish women for defending themselves against rapists). Where the government has limits on interferance with personal lives. Where you can 'work' to become the person you want to be.

I wonder if we're spending anything over there to help the Iraqis build or rebuild their mosques.

And let me ask this, if mosques are built on the sites of Islamic victories, what victories are the Iraqis celebrating when they build mosques?

eh?

So it's impossible for them to build mosques without having a victory? :cuckoo:

The 'nuts in Tennessee are bitching about a mosque/center being built in Murfreesboro. The news quoted some a'hole as saying it was a symbol of an Islamic victory over Tennessee.

I still find it odd that we are discussion whether something can make a healthy society without defining what a healthy society is.

Seems alittle silly to exclude this step to me.

Where laws apply equally to all citizens (not give special privalidges to 'select' groups). Where people are given freedom to search out truth for themselves (the gov doesn't censor the reading material). Where people have the right to defend themselves (some places punish women for defending themselves against rapists). Where the government has limits on interferance with personal lives. Where you can 'work' to become the person you want to be.

That would seem to exclude the U.S.
If you find a place like that, let me know.

Sorry bout that,

RDean, are you still pushing this particular myth? Despite having been shown dozens of times that it is 100% incorrect?
Do you never learn? Are capable of learning?

HOLD EVERYTHING!

All the times I pointed out that Iraq is now an Islamic Theocracy by constitution and the many, many times Republicans ON THIS VERY SITE said, "We can't tell them how to live", never happened? That NEVER happened? Seriously? You're saying "It never happened?"

'Liberating' 50 million Iraqis is something the right has been harping on ad nauseum, especially after the WMD thing went to shit. We never heard the end of how we 'liberated' all those people, with of course the constant shots at those who opposed the war, for not caring whether or not the Iraqi people were 'liberated'.

Well, okay, we 'liberated' them. And now they've established a constitutional Islamic theocracy.

To all you Islam-is-evil types - Blood and Treasure well spent???

1. By openning the flood gates too islam we are allowing islam a foot hold here and in a way those in power are cutting thier childrens childrens throats, mine included.
2. But my plan isn't to stay here, so mainly they are doing it to your childrens children.
3. Islam is evil to the bone, and if you watched the clip you would now understand.
4. And why we have gone and set foot in these hell hole islamic nations is beyond me, when we could of just hammered them from the air.
5. Not money and lives well spent, wasted on a hell hole.
6. In fact any islamic nation is a hell hole, period!!!!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back