Can islam make a "healthy" society

logical4u

citizen
Aug 19, 2009
Georgia
Islam is not a "healthy" society.
If islam supports this treatment, should we be very particular about the muslim sects that come to this country? The government has to be complaisant for this to occur. If the government is taken over by the religious extremists, is this possible, here, or anywhere else in the world? Should a condition of the green card or citizenship requirement be: follow the current laws, and do nothing to diminish this country?

We here all about how terrible this country treats people; why is there absolute silence about how other societies treat their own?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojBrzUil0Ig&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - The Canvas Prison[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
If islam supports this treatment, should we be very particular about the muslim sects that come to this country? The government has to be complaisant for this to occur. If the government is taken over by the religious extremists, is this possible, here, or anywhere else in the world? Should a condition of the green card or citizenship requirement be: follow the current laws, and do nothing to diminish this country?

We here all about how terrible this country treats people; why is there absolute silence about how other societies treat their own?

YouTube - The Canvas Prison

What's strange is that it was Bush/Republicans who worked so hard to change Iraq into an Islamic Theocracy.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Remember how proud Bush and the Republicans were that Iraq had a "new" constitution? When thoughtful people pointed out that "Islam" is now the "national religion" when before they were "secular", Republicans said, "We can't tell them how to live". Even while they marched into Baghdad and "told" them how to live pointing a gun to their heads.

History will point to this as just another Republican failure. Not as big as what they did to the economy or our military. But it's a big one. I'm not sure if it's as big as letting Bin Laden go. Depends on how long al Qaeda lasts. History will be the judge.

And don't forget. Republicans want to do that here with Christianity. They are driven by "ideology".

Last edited by a moderator:

What's strange is that it was Bush/Republicans who worked so hard to change Iraq into an Islamic Theocracy.

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Remember how proud Bush and the Republicans were that Iraq had a "new" constitution? When thoughtful people pointed out that "Islam" is now the "national religion" when before they were "secular", Republicans said, "We can't tell them how to live". Even while they marched into Baghdad and "told" them how to live pointing a gun to their heads.

History will point to this as just another Republican failure. Not as big as what they did to the economy or our military. But it's a big one. I'm not sure if it's as big as letting Bin Laden go. Depends on how long al Qaeda lasts. History will be the judge.

And don't forget. Republicans want to do that here with Christianity. They are driven by "ideology".

RDean, are you still pushing this particular myth? Despite having been shown dozens of times that it is 100% incorrect?
Do you never learn? Are capable of learning?

I am not sure that Chinese communists, African animists, or any other third world country treats people better. While deplorable, it isn't representative of Islam per se.

Article 2:

RDean, are you still pushing this particular myth? Despite having been shown dozens of times that it is 100% incorrect?
Do you never learn? Are capable of learning?

HOLD EVERYTHING!

All the times I pointed out that Iraq is now an Islamic Theocracy by constitution and the many, many times Republicans ON THIS VERY SITE said, "We can't tell them how to live", never happened? That NEVER happened? Seriously? You're saying "It never happened?"

the hypocrisy of rdouche:

We had no business invading Iraq, it was an illegal war, what right do we have to tell them how to live.

But hey, since we're there anyway, and we have a democrat president, let's go ahead and tell them how to live.

what a knob.

Article 2:

Thank you for 'joining' the discussion. Do you have anything to say 'on topic'?

I am not sure that Chinese communists, African animists, or any other third world country treats people better. While deplorable, it isn't representative of Islam per se.

Do you know of any other society that does not 'allow' the mother to look at her own child without a barrier? Any other society that does not 'allow' girls or women to laugh?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Do you know of any other society that does not 'allow' the mother to look at her own child without a barrier? Any other society that does not 'allow' girls or women to laugh?
Really, where did you get those bits of information?

I'm certain the Khmer Rouge instituted equally mindless things.

I'm certain the Khmer Rouge instituted equally mindless things.

I do believe that the Khmer Rouge treated their dogs that they didn't eat better.

It looks like a bad horror movie doesn't it?

The reality of this is horrifying. This religion is men gone nuts. It is the religious version of the gorian lifestyle.

The Gorean Lifestyle: A Woman's Right is Slave - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Article 2:

Thank you for 'joining' the discussion. Do you have anything to say 'on topic'?

Hmmm, the "topic" is, "Can Islam make a "healthy" society". You can't tell by my post the "Republican" supported, right wing Islamic Theocracy in Iraq whether I think the current "society" is healthy or not?

I was just pointing out that every time I criticized the fact that Americans were dying so Republicans could build such a society, Republicans say it's not true.

1. Iraq already had it's own government. With Republicans leading the way, we destroyed it.

2. As bad as it was under Saddam it's TEN TIMES WORSE as a hard right wing Islamic Theocracy.

3. Republicans say, "We can't tell them how to live", but did just that when they invaded. Wouldn't it have been better if the Republicans just forced Iraq to become a democracy by Constitution? They would still hate our guts. But at least their women would be "free".

It is not ten times worse. Iraq is the only Arab democracy in the region.
And again you repeat your debunked charge that it is a theocracy. Is IRaq like Saudi Arabia or not?
It is not.

Islam cannot make a healthy society.

they can't even make a functioning underwear bomb.

Lets not forget the idiots who are screaming nasties at the funerals of our soldiers are christians.

I dont think ay country build on ANY religion is healthy.

Interesting question. What exactly is a healthy society? I think we need to determine that before we can figure out if Islam can make one.

Another question is our society healthy? I would argue that it isn't.

any society that allows me to kill fags and have my brother pick out my 14 year old wife sounds pretty good to me. i would love for my wife to have to wear a blanket over her whenever she left the house. that's fucking awesome.

the problem with the US is we need more religious nuts, not less.

Forum List

Back