Can I join the Air Force if I have never been treated for my "anxiety disorder"?

Good news, you can join the Military and maybe even get a pension for enhanced anxiety disorder aka PTSD even if you never saw a day of combat thanks to the Hussein policy of treating heroes like victims. I think there is an organization in Florida that awards fuzzy critter comfort dogs (only) to Veterans who claim that they became psychotic as a result of Military service or female Veterans who claim to have been victims of sexual assault. What a Country.

I wouldn't even mention it when I enlist, but I don't want to omit something and then find out later I needed to include it. That could lead to much more serious repercussions.

Very smart. Bravo. Don't hide anything. Ever. They will find out. If you are open and honest and tell them everything, they will work with you if they can. They need someone they can trust. Starting the relationship by withholding information is a show stopper.

Thanks for your encouragement. I get that they can't have people with these conditions relapsing on the job, so the guideline makes sense. I just wish there were a way for me to undo these special snowflake appointments I went to before I knew I wanted to enlist. Oh well.

I'll certainly talk to the recruiter and see what they can do!
Good luck to you

Forum List

Back