CDZ Can I hear different perspective on why terrorism exists?

If at all possible the accusation could be made specific instead of general, in other words an example of precisely who perpetrated terrorism in time and place ought to be focused on so as to know precisely what is meant when the word terrorism is employed by whoever employs the word terrorism.

To me a precise example of terrorism is defined as anyone willfully invents a method of communicating to a target audience a message that accomplished the goal of terrorizing the targeted victims. If that is the definition of terrorism then the criminals who took over in 1787 were terrorists when they fabricated terrifying (false) consequences that would result if the people (targets) did not adopt their criminal constitution of 1787.

Example:
Secret Proceedings and Debates of the Constitutional Convention 1787 Robert Yates John Lansing 9781410203632 Amazon.com Books
Luther Martin page 4:
But, Sir, it was to no purpose that the futility of their objections were shown, when driven from the pretense, that the equality of suffrage had been originally agreed to on principles of expediency and necessity; the representatives of the large States persisting in a declaration, that they would never agree to admit the smaller States to an equality of suffrage. In answer to this, they were informed, and informed in terms that most strong, and energetic that could possibly be used, that we never would agree to a system giving them the undue influence and superiority they proposed. That we would risk every possible consequence. That from anarchy and confusion, order might arise. That slavery was the worst that could ensue, and we considered the system proposed to be the most complete, most abject system of slavery that the wit of man ever devised, under pretense of forming a government for free States. That we never would submit tamely and servilely, to a present certain evil, in dread of a future, which might be imaginary; that we were sensible the eyes of our country and the world were upon us. That we would not labor under the imputation of being unwilling to form a strong and energetic federal government; but we would publish the system which we approved, and also that which we opposed, and leave it to our country, and the world at large, to judge between us, who best understood the rights of free men and free States, and who best advocated them; and to the same tribunal we could submit, who ought to be answerable for all the consequences, which might arise to the Union from the convention breaking up, without proposing any system to their constituents. During this debate we were threatened, that if we did not agree to the system propose, we never should have an opportunity of meeting in convention to deliberate on another, and this was frequently urged. In answer, we called upon them to show what was to prevent it, and from what quarter was our danger to proceed; was it from a foreign enemy? Our distance from Europe, and the political situation of that country, left us but little to fear. Was there any ambitious State or States, who, in violation of every sacred obligation, was preparing to enslave the other States, and raise itself to consequence on the ruin of the others? Or was there any such ambitious individual? We did not apprehend it to be the case; but suppose it to be true, it rendered it the more necessary, that we should sacredly guard against a system, which might enable all those ambitious views to be carried into effect, even under the sanction of the constitution and government. In fine, Sir, all those threats were treated with contempt, and they were told, that we apprehended but one reason to prevent the States meeting again in convention; that, when they discovered the part this convention had acted, and how much its members were abusing the trust reposed in them, the States would never trust another convention.

A more modern example of terrorism is here:

And here:

OMFG!

Why does terrorism, specifically, terrorism against America and other western states, occur from middle eastern groups?
I'm trying to find where I stand. I have heard many from "Because they hate our freedoms" to "Because American foreign intervention incites it". What do participants think about the issue?
Who has actually created such a phenomena as "terrorism"?

Thanks!
Simply stated, terrorism is a war tactic.

Too many Americans are ignorant of the fact that the USA is at war.
We hearum war drums for many moons...

Why do we have terrorist attacks against the USA? We support Israel, and we had military units on their sacred holy sand pile...

To me terrorists are people who have no way of achieving a fair fight against their enemy so their combative methods are usually anything necessary to fight back. You have this huge military superpower that drops bombs all over the world 9Especially in the middle east) for an array of different reasons. In the areas they drop them are countries in which their is no military might. They don't even have a quarter of what the US has. These people see what they believe are injustices of a tyrant nation that is bent on destroying them. How can they fight back? We've seen how they fight back and although it may seem barbaric what other ways can they fight back. I would like to hear some suggestions.

Hell, as a soldier, football player or English teacher,, you are taught to strike fear into you opponent, or terrorize them with fear of your presence..

Why does terrorism, specifically, terrorism against America and other western states, occur from middle eastern groups?
I'm trying to find where I stand. I have heard many from "Because they hate our freedoms" to "Because American foreign intervention incites it". What do participants think about the issue?

Thanks!

Muslim terrorist leaders use their religion and economic circumstances to lure the poor to their cause. It is easy to recruit these people because when you have little to live for, it's easy to believe in anything if presented correctly. So if I am right, what motivates these terrorist leaders? Power is what motivates them. In truth everything from keeping women in their place is driven by men who want power. Using western society as the adversary, it is easy to get others to prop up these evil bastards. Sure there are some who are persuaded for other reasons, but most of this is about people who got a bug up their ass and are using it to attain great power. Of course, for many it is short lived, because they end up dying in the end, but you will notice that these "leaders" do not lead by example. I mean when is the last time you saw or heard of one of them blowing themselves up? No, they recruit weak minded people to do their dirty work. I doubt many of them even believe in all the crap that they preach to their followers.

Thanks!
before WW1, we were in isolation, a neutral country that didn't want to get involved in other countries wars and problems. We wanted open trade with the world.

Then the leftist dragged us out of our wise stance and have had 100's of 1000's of Americans die on foreign soil. Countries came to rely on us, they cut defense spending while we ramped it up.

We built ports and bases all over the world.

Well, when you have so much, leaders feel the need to use the military, so we got involved in countries, with people, with societies that are VERY different.

and now we are stuck, we can't pull out and nobody wants to go all out and win, so we piss people off, who then piss us off, and around we go.

never ending cycle of death, all b/c leftist refused to listen to wisdom.

Forum List

Back