Can free websites be really good?

Lateralus

Rookie
Jun 14, 2017
I'm curious to hear some opinions from others because I'm in process of making my own one devoted to various political topics. Is it possible to make a really nice one with the help of such free platforms like WordPress?

I'm curious to hear some opinions from others because I'm in process of making my own one devoted to various political topics. Is it possible to make a really nice one with the help of such free platforms like WordPress?

I do know that at least 8 or 10 USMB have run or currently run their own sites.. So I hope you get some responses...

Depends on what certain type of website you need. For non-commercial and small commercial projects such simple and free platforms are the best, they're very easy for using even for those who have no skills in web building at all. There are usually enough amount of functions, plugins and types of design for them but of course such websites can't be so cool as custom-designed ones :smile:
WordPress is the most popular and convinient platform in this case, its interface and menu management is very easy even for total newbies in CMS. It has rather many functions, useful plugins and possibility to use various web templates for your design, there are really so many of them including political wordpress themes templatemonster.com/category/politics-wordpress-themes/ . Many templates can be used for free too but they usually have limits for some functions and design modifications so this type isn't good for all websites.
But WordPress has many disadvantages too, like for example unsecure type of platform, complex technical code, PHP problems and so on adngin.com/blog/blogging-best-practices/wordpress-users-beware-19-disadvantages-using-wordpress/ . But anyway such type of platforms are the best for amateur websites like in your case :redface:

Forum List

Back