Can/Do people change as they grow up?

I honestly don't care what romney did as a young man any more than I do where obama is concerned. the problem si that the right has openly argued against obama using everything that they believe can serve as ammunition no matter how long ago it happened. Only now that the past is coming back to hauint their candidate are they arguing that it's not important.

My guess is that next week after this has gone away the right will once again go after obama and his past as their selective memory allows them to forget their arguments where romney's past is concerned.

The "they do it too so I'm gonna do it" rationalization is supposed to end in elementary school.

and so did that type of lame attempt to insult and attribute an argument to me which I never made. Not once have I attacked romney for his acts as a young man, I merely pointed out how hypocritcal it is for the right to NOW argue that the past is not pertitnent and that there are more important things to worry about.

So please keep up and try not to make shite up as you go along.

If you think the republicans are wrong for going after Obama's childhood, tell your democrats not to go after Romney's childhood and to take the high ground. Complaining about the hypocrisy of others while you support hypocrisy of people you agree with, is, well, hypocrisy.

So the left once again has to "back down" and show that they are taking the high ground even as hypocoritical republicans and lame apologists like you try to hold the left accountable even as you give the right a pass? Take your own advice hack and tell your fellow rightwingers to back down. BTW where did I support hypocrisy? How is pointing out hypocrisy supporting hypocrisy? WOW. thanks for the spin, hack.

No i said take the moral highground, not back down. If someone calls you a poopooface would the grown up response be to call them a dootymouth or to just not respond to such silliness?

Hack lol, I hate both parties equally.

The "they do it too so I'm gonna do it" rationalization is supposed to end in elementary school.

and so did that type of lame attempt to insult and attribute an argument to me which I never made. Not once have I attacked romney for his acts as a young man, I merely pointed out how hypocritcal it is for the right to NOW argue that the past is not pertitnent and that there are more important things to worry about.

If you think the republicans are wrong for going after Obama's childhood, tell your democrats not to go after Romney's childhood and to take the high ground. Complaining about the hypocrisy of others while you support hypocrisy of people you agree with, is, well, hypocrisy.

So the left once again has to "back down" and show that they are taking the high ground even as hypocoritical republicans and lame apologists like you try to hold the left accountable even as you give the right a pass? Take your own advice hack and tell your fellow rightwingers to back down. BTW where did I support hypocrisy? How is pointing out hypocrisy supporting hypocrisy? WOW. thanks for the spin, hack.

No i said take the moral highground, not back down. If someone calls you a poopooface would the grown up response be to call them a dootymouth or to just not respond to such silliness?

You told me to tell the left to "back down(my phrasing)" and stop using romney's past and yet I don't see anything in any of your posts that ask the right to do the same. Why is that?

If you think the republicans are wrong for going after Obama's childhood, tell your democrats not to go after Romney's childhood and to take the high ground.

furthermore, You called me a hypocrite for pointing out the hypocrisy of the right so why not address that since I asked you about it?

I also find it funny that someone as "mature" as you fails to retract your attempts to put words into my mouth and define me as something I am not. Where is your integrity on that?

BTW the content of your posts in this thread and how they slant agaisnt the left shows that you do not hate both parties equally.

Last edited:

You told me to tell the left to "back down(my phrasing)" and stop using romney's past and yet I don't see anything in any of your posts that ask the right to do the same. Why is that?

If you think the republicans are wrong for going after Obama's childhood, tell your democrats not to go after Romney's childhood and to take the high ground.

furthermore, You called me a hypocrite for pointing out the hypocrisy of the right so why not address that since I asked you about it?

I also find it funny that someone as "mature" as you fails to retract your attempts to put words into my mouth and define me as something I am not. Where is your integrity on that?

BTW the content of your posts in this thread and how they slant agaisnt the left shows that you do not hate both parties equally.

You haven't seen me mock the rep party for their idiotic attacking of Obama for the dog eating bs? My advice would be to open your eyes.

You're not on here just saying ppl can change as they grow up, you had to deflect and make Obama out as some victim to the right wing.

I hate both parties equally, I'll die before I vote for Romney or Obama.

Is Barack Obama the same person now that he was as a youth, faults and all?

Is Mitt Romney the same person now that he was as a youth. faults and all?

Are you the same person now that you were as a youth, faults and all?
SOME change.....but, as you get older, you'll realize that ol' adage...."With age comes wisdom."....is total-bullshit.

Despite being one o' those many "rules" we'd been taught, during those Golden '50s (also bullshit), a lot of us figured-out (during the mid-to-late '60s)....some people deserve zero respect, no matter how old they get.​

Last edited:

SOME do.....but, as you get older, you realize that ol' adage...."With age comes wisdom."....is total-bullshit.

Despite being one o' those many "rules" we'd been taught, during those Golden '50s (also bullshit), a lot of us figured-out (during the mid-to-late '60s)....some people deserve zero respect, no matter how old they get.​

It was only total bs in a select few cases. Yours being one of them.

If you can't admit that you've bullied someone, have you actually changed?

I think even the dumbest understand that. But if you honor it you lose your ammo so many ignore it.

Good analysis, their string pullers want them to pretend it's important, so they ignore their principles and common sense that tell them not to.

I honestly don't care what romney did as a young man any more than I do where obama is concerned. the problem si that the right has openly argued against obama using everything that they believe can serve as ammunition no matter how long ago it happened. Only now that the past is coming back to hauint their candidate are they arguing that it's not important.

My guess is that next week after this has gone away the right will once again go after obama and his past as their selective memory allows them to forget their arguments where romney's past is concerned.

You would have much more credibility if you would say BOTH parties have partisan wing nuts that bring up usless BS,but no all we hear is rightwing this and that,pull the cotton out of the ear's and take off the rose colored sunglasses don't be one of the BS'ers

People change as they gain experience in the world around them. A college kid who strives for gay rights changes his mind as soon as his 9 year old son is raped by the gay next door neighbor.

SOME do.....but, as you get older, you realize that ol' adage...."With age comes wisdom."....is total-bullshit.

Despite being one o' those many "rules" we'd been taught, during those Golden '50s (also bullshit), a lot of us figured-out (during the mid-to-late '60s)....some people deserve zero respect, no matter how old they get.

Really?? you going to stand by this? We have age requirements for a lot of things for the simple fact youth lacks wisdom. I will agree soem no matter how old they are deserve no respect.

Some will argue the world is flat just to hear themselves yap.

Of course people can change. Growing up in the environment that I did, I could have easily become a drug addict, ended up in prison, or both. I was headed down that path. But I guess I always had a good head on my shoulders in that respect, and I had some good, if flawed, people looking out for me. I would hope that people wouldn't judge me on some of the very morally questionable and sometimes illegal acts that I committed as a lost 15 to 20something yr old.

I don't think it is a winning issue for Romney's opponents to try and politicize his high school years. I don't like it when conservatives dig into Obama's past for stories to use against him. However, I do think that this incident, and how Romney has handled it, plays into the narrative that he's out of touch and lacks compassion. I don't think it'll have an impact on anybody's vote, but I can see why his opponents would want to use it against him.

With education and experiences, a person will change their outlook and opinions on many things, but only if it is within their nature to "evolve."

No, I'm not.

Oh, I have some of the same faults, to be sure.

But let's compare.

Barack Obama grew up as a kid who realized that because his father was black, society and even his own family would treat him as a second-class citizen. And yeah, maybe he got into some HS trouble, who doesn't get into trouble in HS. But then he dedicated himself to improving himself and making life better for others.

The man has his flaws. I think he's a little too full of himself (again, this is a guy who wrote TWO Autobiographies before he really accomplished all that much).

Mitt Romney was someone who grew up in a world of privilage, and felt that entitled him to bully others. He beat up the gay kid, and the gay kid got thrown out for a minor infraction. He took the "ministerial exemption" from teh draft, and the Poor Kids went to Vietnam. He parlayed his fathers business connections, and used them to make a quick buck putting working Joes out of jobs.

And bored with merely making money, he now wants power, and he will say anything and betray anyone to get it.

Both of these men have grown older, but only one of them has grown up.

SOME change.....but, as you get older, you'll realize that ol' adage...."With age comes wisdom."....is total-bullshit.

People do change but young assholes usually grow up to be old assholes.

You haven't seen me mock the rep party for their idiotic attacking of Obama for the dog eating bs?

I haven't seen you say anything negative about the right in this thread other than your generalized "i hate them both" bs. However, your "mocking" of the left has been quite specific. Go figure.

My advice would be to open your eyes.

your obvious self importance issues aside why would I know what you do and do not post throughout this board?? I don't make it a habit to follow people nor do i check and see what they might have posted elsewhere before calling them out on their obvious bias in this thread.

You're not on here just saying ppl can change as they grow up, you had to deflect and make Obama out as some victim to the right wing.

Why is it that you feel the need to try and redefine what I said when my actual words do it far better than your intentional and dishonest misinterpretations ever could? This is the thrid time in as many posts where you have tired to put words into my mouth so you can try to tear me down based on arguments that I ahve nto made. Why is that?

I hate both parties equally, I'll die before I vote for Romney or Obama.

And I will buy that when I see who you actually voted for which will never happen. LOL

funny how you avoided all of my questions concerning your attempts to redefine my statements to suit your needs. What are you afraid of?

Good analysis, their string pullers want them to pretend it's important, so they ignore their principles and common sense that tell them not to.

You would have much more credibility if you would say BOTH parties have partisan wing nuts that bring up usless BS,but no all we hear is rightwing this and that,pull the cotton out of the ear's and take off the rose colored sunglasses don't be one of the BS'ers

And you would have much more credibility if you weren't such a spineless and dishonest hack.
My argument states that both parties engage in the use of "useless BS." However, the point is that NOW that the left has some "useless BS" to throw at romney the right is NOW trying to argue there are more important issues to deal with.
After all of the "useless BS" that they have tried to use to tear down obama they want to stop because this "useless BS" can hurt their candidate. There in lies the hypocrisy.

Now if only you knew how to read. LOL

Forum List

Back