Can/Do people change as they grow up?

The loonies who bash Obama for dog-eating are idiots who should be ignored.

The loonies who bash Romney for a potential insult he gave 50 years are idiots who should be ignored. However the problem is I don't see many democrats saying "I don't care what Romney did as a kid." And not many republicans give a damn about the dog eating, they give a damn about the economy, the thing you guys pretended to give a damn about in 2008.

The right has made the entirety of obama's past part of the discussion and only now when the past has the potential to harm their candidate for president are they arguing that such matters are merely a distracction.

If more people on the right argued that "they didn't care what obama did in his past" and chose to discuss the economy, which most of them don't, then your argument would make more sense.
However, the right has and will use any means necessary to try and tear obama down so why is it that you want the left to fight back with their hands tied behind their backs?

Obama is and has done a great job of tearing himself down without anyone's help from the right.

really? how? PLease explain.

Love the part about wanting "the left to fight back with their hands tied behind their back" you can't be serious, and who controls the press?:eusa_boohoo:

your delusions about the press are not a valid part of the debate but thanks for sharing. lol The fact is that republicans had drudged up anything and everything from obama's past and tried to use it to gain ground and yet now that the past of their candidate is being discussed the right is now arguingn that there are more important issues to deal with.

We have often pondered why the best and most capable refuse to run for political office, it should be self evident and for that look at the press with their hidden political agenda's.

so it's the press' fault that the right has nothing better than romney?? LOL wow you really need to seek professional help.

BTW how does your "the press is evil" rant address the fact that republicans have argued that everything in obama's past is pertinent but romney's past is not?

I used to be a liberal. People do change. Somethings cannot change, like obama's being a drug addict.

I used to be a neoconservative, now I'm a conservative, people can change in huge ways.

It has been my experience that some people most definitely change as the years go by. Some for better and some for worse.

possibly the most honest answer so far. non-partisan, and on point.

REP coming.

I rep'd her myself, great post by her.

Hopefully she can convince her fellow democrats to share her view.

I think even the dumbest understand that. But if you honor it you lose your ammo so many ignore it.

possibly the most honest answer so far. non-partisan, and on point.

REP coming.

I think even the dumbest understand that. But if you honor it you lose your ammo so many ignore it.

Good analysis, their string pullers want them to pretend it's important, so they ignore their principles and common sense that tell them not to.

Good analysis, their string pullers want them to pretend it's important, so they ignore their principles and common sense that tell them not to.

I honestly don't care what romney did as a young man any more than I do where obama is concerned. the problem si that the right has openly argued against obama using everything that they believe can serve as ammunition no matter how long ago it happened. Only now that the past is coming back to hauint their candidate are they arguing that it's not important.

My guess is that next week after this has gone away the right will once again go after obama and his past as their selective memory allows them to forget their arguments where romney's past is concerned.

I honestly don't care what romney did as a young man any more than I do where obama is concerned. the problem si that the right has openly argued against obama using everything that they believe can serve as ammunition no matter how long ago it happened. Only now that the past is coming back to hauint their candidate are they arguing that it's not important.

My guess is that next week after this has gone away the right will once again go after obama and his past as their selective memory allows them to forget their arguments where romney's past is concerned.

The "they do it too so I'm gonna do it" rationalization is supposed to end in elementary school.

If you think the republicans are wrong for going after Obama's childhood, tell your democrats not to go after Romney's childhood and to take the high ground. Complaining about the hypocrisy of others while you support hypocrisy of people you agree with, is, well, hypocrisy.

You can not possibly be trying to equate picking on someone as a child to hanging out with less than American values type people after Obama was a full blown politician.

really? 'the right'? Everyone on the right? Or just some?

Is Barack Obama the same person now that he was as a youth, faults and all?

according to the right everything with obama is fairgame and appropriate.

Is Mitt Romney the same person now that he was as a youth. faults and all?

According to the right his past is not fairgame nor appropriate because there are more important issues to discuss.

Are you the same person now that you were as a youth, faults and all?

No, but then neither is obama nor are those in his past that the right constantly tries to use to make people fear and not trust obama.

So why is obama's past farigame but not romney's?
Because every time Obama said "It's Bush's fault," it made someone beat a dead horse one more time. :eusa_shifty:

4qqf9yp.gif

The "they do it too so I'm gonna do it" rationalization is supposed to end in elementary school.

and so did that type of lame attempt to insult and attribute an argument to me which I never made. Not once have I attacked romney for his acts as a young man, I merely pointed out how hypocritcal it is for the right to NOW argue that the past is not pertitnent and that there are more important things to worry about.

So please keep up and try not to make shite up as you go along.

If you think the republicans are wrong for going after Obama's childhood, tell your democrats not to go after Romney's childhood and to take the high ground. Complaining about the hypocrisy of others while you support hypocrisy of people you agree with, is, well, hypocrisy.

So the left once again has to "back down" and show that they are taking the high ground even as hypocoritical republicans and lame apologists like you try to hold the left accountable even as you give the right a pass? Take your own advice hack and tell your fellow rightwingers to back down. BTW where did I support hypocrisy? How is pointing out hypocrisy supporting hypocrisy? WOW. thanks for the spin, hack.

Last edited:

really? 'the right'? Everyone on the right? Or just some?

so are you saying that you never generalize? uh huh thanks for the lamest exposure of hypocrisy ever. LOL

Is Mitt Romney the same person now that he was as a youth. faults and all?

Its a process , I am definently not the same person I was 10 years ago but than again I am only 30, I think it gets harder to change as you get older though.

according to the right everything with obama is fairgame and appropriate.

According to the right his past is not fairgame nor appropriate because there are more important issues to discuss.

No, but then neither is obama nor are those in his past that the right constantly tries to use to make people fear and not trust obama.

Because every time Obama said "It's Bush's fault," it made someone beat a dead horse one more time. :eusa_shifty:

4qqf9yp.gif

Is that supposed to make sense?? What does the fact that the recession began on W's watch have to do with anything?

according to the right everythign with nobama is fairgame and appropriate.

The loonies who bash Obama for dog-eating are idiots who should be ignored.

The loonies who bash Romney for a potential insult he gave 50 years are idiots who should be ignored. However the problem is I don't see many democrats saying "I don't care what Romney did as a kid." And not many republicans give a damn about the dog eating, they give a damn about the economy, the thing you guys pretended to give a damn about in 2008.

I vote for both Obamas dog eating and Romneys gay insults as a kid to be thrown out, they are irrelevant and these men are not even the same people anymore.

Forum List

Back