Can democrats save their party ?

Can democrats save their party ?

That would require them having some common sense. Of which I see no evidence of.

Considering they are in denial about the fact that it needs saving, no i dont think they can.

White women have about 0.6 children per women.
Black women about 0.8 children per women.
Hispanic women about 1.2 children per woman.

The Republican Party is 90% white.

Do these people look like the "future"?

tea-party-racist-signs-04-back-to-kenya2.jpg

tea-party-sign-toter.jpg

racist-tea-party-sign-2.jpg

20090916TeaParty01.jpg

4473019735_3b34c35410.jpg

3935140322_a712e57d4d_o.jpg

They don't look like they "have" a future. They look like they are going to die in the near future.

The Dems need to grow a backbone...

They need to stand up for what they believe in and stop letting the Republicans define the agenda

They need to stand up for what they believe in and stop letting the Republicans define the agenda

It's much more difficult than it seems because the Democratic party is a party of coalitions and coalition building is difficult.

jawdrop.gif

Are you kidding????

This is exactly the attitude that gives me hope....

unless the election gets rigged AGAIN! (& NO, I'm not talking about 2000 either :eusa_whistle: )

It's much more difficult than it seems because the Democratic party is a party of coalitions and coalition building is difficult.

Which is part of the reason it no longer represents the priorities of so many of it's members. If you try and please to many people you end up pissing them all off.

Well, all it'll take is letting the republicans have control for a 2 year session and the Democratic Party will be revived in a heart beat imho.... mainly because of the Republican agenda and their donothingness, and their corporate crony support, and their lack of support for the middle income family and reverence for the very elite, will show its face, once again....and as it did the last time they had Power.

I know that sounds cruel, but I honestly don't mean it to be, it's just the way it is....

the underdog is empowered....right now the Republicans/conservatives are in minority, so they have the upperhand in saying "It's not me that has messed things up", but when they do get the power, and do not reduce the deficit to zero, and keep adding to the debt, just as the Dems have, it'll be the Democratic Party's chance to bitch and moan and the conservatives to become disillusioned with their own party members, once AGAIN, and not go out and vote....

It's a merry go round...

Well, all it'll take is letting the republicans have control for a 2 year session and the Democratic Party will be revived in a heart beat imho.... mainly because of the Republican agenda and their donothingness, and their corporate crony support, and their lack of support for the middle income family and reverence for the very elite, will show its face, once again....and as it did the last time they had Power.

I know that sounds cruel, but I honestly don't mean it to be, it's just the way it is....

the underdog is empowered....right now the Republicans/conservatives are in minority, so they have the upperhand in saying "It's not me that has messed things up", but when they do get the power, and do not reduce the deficit to zero, and keep adding to the debt, just as the Dems have, it'll be the Democratic Party's chance to bitch and moan and the conservatives to become disillusioned with their own party members, once AGAIN, and not go out and vote....

It's a merry go round...

"It's a merry go round"..................of clowns. A quagmire is what's needed.

Which is part of the reason it no longer represents the priorities of so many of it's members. If you try and please to many people you end up pissing them all off.

Actually, if you look at the Democratic Party, it's not that the leaders are trying to please too many people, but are trying to please their constituents and not "Leading". Leading means looking at the big picture.

Look at the Blue dogs. The majority of Americans wanted the Public Option, but the Blue dogs became indoctrinated by Fox and the right wing and lost sight of the big picture. The health care bill, as good as it is, is only a shadow of what it could have been. Republicans are convinced it's bad, but can't say how. They just repeat made up stuff.

The appeared to have plenty of backbone when they rammed through an economic succubus bill and a health care deform bill that more than 6 out of 10 Americans didn't want.

Looks like they're going to be sucking the big chili dog this November over it, too.

The party with the majority controls the agenda and brings bills to the floor. The minority has no control over the agenda.

Tell that to the Republican Party. They have done such a good job of stopping everything, seems they are the ones in control.

The appeared to have plenty of backbone when they rammed through an economic succubus bill and a health care deform bill that more than 6 out of 10 Americans didn't want.

Looks like they're going to be sucking the big chili dog this November over it, too.

The majority of the American People wanted the public option. Who stopped it?

Forum List

Back