Can Democrats let go of identity politics?

If they can, if they can give up their preoccupation with "special rights for special people", and get back to equal rights for all, their dreams of a blue wave might come true.

it's always the racist misogynist idiots who whine about "identify politics".

but feel free to tell angry white losers to stop whining.

I won't bother telling you how wrong you are in your presumptions. But I'm here, making this plea, because I fear that Trump and his "angry white losers" are going to bury this country. There's not a strong third party waiting in the wings and if the Democrats can't adjust, we're fucked.

If they can, if they can give up their preoccupation with "special rights for special people", and get back to equal rights for all, their dreams of a blue wave might come true.

Nobody is asking for special rights. That's a bullshit talking point which only a person who wishes to discriminate against people would use.

And that's the kind of unjustified ad-hom attack that could only come from a degenerate intent on abusing the elderly.

This is a great game! Your turn.

:icon_rolleyes:

Say what?

You've avoided the point. Again.

Who is seeking special rights?

Nobody.

That's the thing. I don't think voters are really seeking them. I think the overwhelming majority want equal rights. If Democrats would start pitching that message, they'd win, hands down.

Democrats pitch that exact message. Why don't you know this?

Then they badly need a new PR firm.

Last edited:
Dividing people into groups only works to divide everyone. A bit ago, there was a woman's march formed that did not allow women who were pro life to march in their parade.

It has come down to these groups fighting over who the biggest victims are, and they are "eating" each other. Identity politics is a losing proposition.

Mark

Nobody is asking for special rights. That's a bullshit talking point which only a person who wishes to discriminate against people would use.

And that's the kind of unjustified ad-hom attack that could only come from a degenerate intent on abusing the elderly.

This is a great game! Your turn.

:icon_rolleyes:

Say what?

You've avoided the point. Again.

Who is seeking special rights?

Nobody.

That's the thing. I don't think voters are really seeking them. I think the overwhelming majority want equal rights. If Democrats would start pitching that message, they'd win, hands down.

Democrats pitch that exact message. Why don't you know this?

Then they badly need a new PR firm.

I won't argue that point.

Identity politics is a losing proposition.

Mark
Not with the democrats. One, their goal is to usher in the new world order globalist dream. Which means they must destroy individualism, and the entire notion of self made, or personal responsibility, or accountability are enemies to their GROUP THINK tactics.

Two, it is too locked into their entire paradigm and it is all they know. They are not just going to all of a sudden stop the only thing they know.

Plus, their sheep are too indoctrinated in this narrative. Oh, its a losing proposition, but that is pretty much not their concern.

no they have sunk too far into being a handful of various hate groups

Neither party has taken the high road. Maybe one of them will give it a try.
as far as the parties go they both such

of the two the dems are the party of hate

People who already have 'equal' rights are worried about/threatened by the idea of others having the same rights.

I kind of suspect that those "special people"referred to on that post, tend to be a bit darker skinned or LGBT types.......Just guessing here..

I wish Trump zealots had the basic intelligence to see the irony in complaining about identity politics while at the same time kissing the ass of Trump daily.

Where's the irony? What does kissing Trump's ass have to do with identity politics?

Because some of Trump's behavior has made it very clear that he favors white people.

Is that why Don King likes him so much?

Don King as a character witness for Trump. I gotta remember that one.

Don makes a lot of sense....
In fact he's far more articulate and sane than Mad Maxine,Pelousy and many other progressives.

But I'm here, making this plea, because I fear that Trump and his "angry white losers" are going to bury this country. There's not a strong third party waiting in the wings and if the Democrats can't adjust, we're fucked.
I started a thread on this a long time ago. My fear has been that Trump & Co will screw up quickly enough that the Democratic Party won't have to go through its badly-needed Reformation and marginalize the Regressives. They're just sitting there right now, ready to go. And if there's a blue wave, it will be DEEP blue.

And yeah, we're in desperate need of a strong and viable Third Party to keep the crazies down.

Does the equal rights for "ALL" include the rights of "special people"????.................LOL
People who already have 'equal' rights are worried about/threatened by the idea of others having the same rights.

Some people are like that, no doubt. Those who fought against gay marriage rights, for example. But that's not what we're talking about.

Muster the militia until crime drops to socially acceptable levels.

Sure, but why call some white jughead out of the woods with his gun when crime is at historic lows?
States have security problems.

https://www.google.com/search?q=identity+politics+definition&ie=&oe=

dentity politics

noun: identity politics

1. a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics”.
DBack, you're restricting to discussing only Democrats? Not the NRA or Tea Party advocates, or advocates of pure free trade, or those opposed to any government social welfare programs such as Social Security retirement, or those opposed to income taxes? You want only to discuss identity politics within the Democratic Party?
Please Let's discuss topics of political issues rather than personalities or labels.

Respectfully, Supposn

DBack, you're restricting to discussing only Democrats? Not the NRA or Tea Party advocates, or advocates of pure free trade, or those opposed to any government social welfare programs such as Social Security retirement, or those opposed to income taxes? You want only to discuss identity politics within the Democratic Party?

Yes. Most of those people have sold out to Trump. We don't have a strong third party. If the Democrats can't offer something better, we're screwed.

Republicans are just average mainstream middle class Americans who the Democrats constantly call Nazis

Not even close, republics are a bunch of white people feeling victimized by a lost of privilege.

We're not the side that keeps on insisting that race ought to be considered an important distinction between oen human being and another. Yours is the side that keeps on bringing up race and trying to divide us on the basis thereof. Mine is the side that, in accordance with Martin Luther King's “Dream”, prefers to judge people on the content of their character rather than on the color of their skin.

Bob, this post was two before yours and explains you.

No, they can't. Over the past 8 years they've become such an exercise in hatred against white males it consumes them

Yes. Most of those people have sold out to Trump. We don't have a strong third party. If the Democrats can't offer something better, we're screwed.
A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage!

I wish Trump zealots had the basic intelligence to see the irony in complaining about identity politics while at the same time kissing the ass of Trump daily.

Where's the irony? What does kissing Trump's ass have to do with identity politics?

Because some of Trump's behavior has made it very clear that he favors white people.
BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER

Playing Identity politics...........LOL

Not in this life time. They can't help themselves. ID politics is their life blood. They can't live without it. However a good majority certainly could.

Forum List

Back