Can Democrats let go of identity politics?

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
If they can, if they can give up their preoccupation with "special rights for special people", and get back to equal rights for all, their dreams of a blue wave might come true.

Unfortunately I think they are too predisposed to the idea at this point, but yes, it would lead to more a middle ground.

If they can, if they can give up their preoccupation with "special rights for special people", and get back to equal rights for all, their dreams of a blue wave might come true.

Does the equal rights for "ALL" include the rights of "special people"????.................LOL

Does the equal rights for "ALL" include the rights of "special people"????.................LOL

Of course. Why wouldn't it?

Depends, are special people going to realize they are not special?

Of course. Why wouldn't it?

Gee.......you cannot even comprehend the stupidity you spew.......Go back to bed.

The short answer? No.

I think the better question is, can the republicans? If they dropped Trumpism and pitched a big tent, they could dominate politics in this country for decades. Instead, they are hitching their wagon to a prize racehorse whose prime has long fled by.

maxresdefault.jpg

The short answer? No.

I think the better question is, can the republicans? If they dropped Trumpism and pitched a big tent, they could dominate politics in this country for decades. Instead, they are hitching their wagon to a prize racehorse whose prime has long fled by.

Lots of them are ashamed by the prospect. It wouldn't be hard to peel them away, but Democrats don't seem to realize that their 'freak-of-the-week' preoccupation with social engineering is, at this point, alienating more people than it's attracting.

Liberals are their own worst enemies............the people are seeing them for what they are in many cases...........and they don't like it when they are called out for their BS......

Best thing to tell a liberal wack job..............when they are playing these standard stupid games is simply...............STFU

I guess the Democrats could pretend to care about the rights of all people for the next few months. But all Americans with a functioning thought process know that Democrats only care about votes.

I guess the Democrats could pretend to care about the rights of all people for the next few months. But all Americans with a functioning thought process know that Democrats only care about votes.

That's all any politician cares about. That's why we have votes in the first place. But Democrats might be in a position to acknowledge that they've taken the divide and conquer approach about as far as it can go.

I think the democratic road to victory is clear. It's a three-pronged approach; 1. you remind everyone why Trump is toxic for the U.S. Easy enough. 2. you find what people really care about and you actually develop plans using experts in each particular field, and 3. you encourage everyone to join your party, and stop worrying so much about this little group or that little group, or trying to pit whites against everyone else like they did in 2016.

Incidentally, it's the same winning strategy that the republicans should go after. However, realistically, neither will actually go this route. Both will have sub-standard platforms and campaigns, and victory/defeat will just depend on which of the two is shittier than the other.

The Democrats never stood for equal rights for all. Every victory the Democrats had was based on the solid white southern vote from the Civil War right into the 1950's. In 1957, LBJ and JFK conspired to strip all enforcement provisions from the same bill LBJ later ushered through Congress in 1964 because they both wanted to become president and knew they would fail if they alienated the white southern vote. When it finally became clear that the Democrats would never again have a large majority of the white southern vote, LBJ pushed for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting rights act of 1965 to create a large black majority for the Democrats to counter the southern white vote they had lost.

They can't, and I wouldn't believe them if they claimed it.

Forum List

Back