Can deceit become addictive behavior?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Everyone in life periodically gives in to the temptation to deceive. We're all human, we all do it. We all use deceit as a means to an end to some degree or another. However, is it possible for a person to find it so enjoyable they get hooked and then the mere act of deceiving becomes it's own end?

:eusa_think:

this has GOT to be in reflection of a post by Ravi.. Hands down one of the most dishonest people i've ever seen here on USMB. I mean, it's one thing to lose an argument.. and something else to have been busted for brazenly trying to lie three times in 2 weeks on a forum where quoting is possible.

• Banned
Please folks! I'm really interested to hear what people might have to say should they take the time to consider the question. This thread isn't yet ready to punch it's ticket to the flame zone if you don't mind.

btw: I completely misunderstood the reason we even have a flame zone when I first got here, but that's a discussion for another time.

?

IMO, if one has an addictive personality, any behavior is potentially addictive. That doesn't mean it will become addictive, just that it can.

Do you disagree?

• Banned
?

IMO, if one has an addictive personality, any behavior is potentially addictive. That doesn't mean it will become addictive, just that it can.

Do you disagree?

I'm not sure. Like I said, deceit is typically a means to an end. Most addictions are an end to themselves.

• Banned
I don't know about that. Give me an example of an addiction you believe is an end to itself.

Substance addictions.

Hey wait a minute...

Wouldn't it be fair to categorize a pathological liar as a deceit addict?

But why start on the substance to begin with? It is more than likely also a means to an end.

True.

But I think I already answered my own question. Pathological liars, and even Kleptomaniacs, could be said to have a form of deception addiction.

I'm no longer deceitful. You can make a choice not to be, and it will change your life.

Forum List

Back