Can Christianity survive this ?

This video is doing the social media rounds over here and people are pissing themselves laughing. Those who arent laughing are cringing at such a scene. It looks like a new low in American political life.

Where was Elmer Gantry in all of this ?

Laughing leads to crying.

How many years before Muslims outnumber Brits in the UK?

Who cares ?

You might come to care. The only thing worse than living in a country full of religious extremists is to live in a country of religious extremists whose religion you don't follow.

Which is why Democrats object to evangelicals writing laws or influencing Republicans.

Or having any secular rights. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Religion in the Soviet Union - Wikipedia

"...The vast majority of people in the Russian empire were, at the time of the revolution, religious believers, whereas the communists aimed to break the power of all religious institutions and eventually replace religious belief with atheism. "Science" was counterposed to "religious superstition" in the media and in academic writing. The main religions of pre-revolutionary Russia persisted throughout the entire Soviet period, but they were only tolerated within certain limits. Generally, this meant that believers were free to worship in private and in their respective religious buildings (churches, mosques, synagogues etc.), but public displays of religion outside of such designations were prohibited. In addition, religious institutions were not allowed to express their views in any type of mass media, and many religious buildings were demolished or used for other purposes. In the long run atheism failed to win many souls. Religion strengthened underground and was revived to help fight the Second World War. It flourished after the fall of Communism. As Paul Froese explains:

Atheists waged a 70-year war on religious belief in the Soviet Union. The Communist Party destroyed churches, mosques, and temples; it executed religious leaders; it flooded the schools and media with anti-religious propaganda; and it introduced a belief system called “scientific atheism,” complete with atheist rituals, proselytizers, and a promise of worldly salvation. But in the end, a majority of older Soviet citizens retained their religious beliefs and a crop of citizens too young to have experienced pre-Soviet times acquired religious beliefs.[10]..."

Last edited:

This video is doing the social media rounds over here and people are pissing themselves laughing. Those who arent laughing are cringing at such a scene. It looks like a new low in American political life.

Who cares ?

You might come to care. The only thing worse than living in a country full of religious extremists is to live in a country of religious extremists whose religion you don't follow.

I cant give any energy to entertaining a racists wankfest.

Christianity is part of the $1.2T bilk for low-thinkers, so yes.

That's rather silly and false, as far as theologians go, whatever the contents or merit of their ideas, they were generally erudite and far more literate than the average person, akin to philosophers, whether "religious" or "secular", I believe there is worth and merits to their writings.

People who simply wish not to think deeply will simply turn a blind eye to it, and rebuff it with a simplistic oversimplification, not due to any inherent truth or quest for any truth or meaning, but simply due to convenience, and wanting to stick to simplistic, yet coherent and "functional" beliefs and axioms, preferring what Socrates would have called an unexamined life, and one debatably worth living at all.

Marketers (theologians) are more literate than the average person? Thanks Captain Obvious!

That's rather silly and false, as far as theologians go, whatever the contents or merit of their ideas, they were generally erudite and far more literate than the average person, akin to philosophers, whether "religious" or "secular", I believe there is worth and merits to their writings.

People who simply wish not to think deeply will simply turn a blind eye to it, and rebuff it with a simplistic oversimplification, not due to any inherent truth or quest for any truth or meaning, but simply due to convenience, and wanting to stick to simplistic, yet coherent and "functional" beliefs and axioms, preferring what Socrates would have called an unexamined life, and one debatably worth living at all.

Marketers (theologians) are more literate than the average person? Thanks Captain Obvious!

A theologian and "marketer" are not the same thing, dum dum.

I have Calvin on my reading list, as well as others.

Plus by the same inane logic, most of the "scientific" information on mass media is merely marketing at the 6th grade reading level, primarily for the purpose of selling ideas or consumer products (e.x. smartphones) not educating people on science.

I posted a link to a book by theoretical physicist Fritjof Capra, I doubt you'll read it, and if your reading level is too low, then I'm sorry about your (lack of) education.

Who cares ?

Why not? The only difference between you and them is who you target with your bigotry.

I have some news for you, T, the religious are going to out populate you. :lol:

Who cares ?

Apparently, you can.

It survived this ...

An_auto-da-f%C3%A9_of_the_Spanish_Inquisition_and_the_execution_o_Wellcome_V0041892.jpg

How do you know? Were you there?

Persecution is historical fact

That Cyrus portion excellent. President Trump is like 'gimme dat ding'

The ones who kicked your ass..are they laughing? Or is it the smirking anti-Brexit elites? Id bet the latter. Give an example please so we can judge. Post some of these "social media rounds" and lets see who.

A theologian and "marketer" are not the same thing, dum dum.

I have Calvin on my reading list, as well as others.

Plus by the same inane logic, most of the "scientific" information on mass media is merely marketing at the 6th grade reading level, primarily for the purpose of selling ideas or consumer products (e.x. smartphones) not educating people on science.

I posted a link to a book by theoretical physicist Fritjof Capra, I doubt you'll read it, and if your reading level is too low, then I'm sorry about your (lack of) education.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." If you believe that, you're a moron.

You should learn where the REAL War lies

View attachment 298664

CAN'T HIDE TRUTH ONLY THE FOOLS DENY IT!
This is evidence that by 2016, religious freedom had become politicized in the platform of the Democratic Party. According to the Democratic politicians, one could only practice Christianity as long as it didn’t interfere with “gay rights” or “abortion rights.”

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY’S WAR ON CHRISTIANITY
View attachment 298667

There is no war on Christianity. There are efforts to keep evangelical Christianity out of government or from writing either laws or policy.
There are efforts to shut out evangelical Christianity.

You don't say.

All these Evangelicals think that Trump will bring the end of the world. That is why they jump in antcipation that the end is nye whenever troops are on the move in the ME or missiles are being fired. It is all part of the end times theology. The Administration is full of End-Timers with Pompeo as the one with the most power.

Of course when these evangelicals are through praying with Trump they go back to their mansions and private jets and ask for more money from their congregations.

upload_2020-1-9_6-56-37.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back