can be done much better when u know how

abrere

May 28, 2018

If all you expect to shoot is snakes, just use the 950 B Beretta in .22 short. You can let the slide cycle, and just counterbore the barrel, 1/2 " deep, thread it and put on the can.

But if you really know what you're doing, you get the 3" long, half inch of it externally threaded M21 barrel from silnencerco, add metal to the slide, add a dovetailed rear sight, put a ramped serrated blade on the front top of the "can", loctite the can onto the barrel threads, install an extractor, bend the trigger to eliminate the overtravel, fit the longer magazine of the PT22 Taurus,, and have a can that adds only 3.5" to the 5.5" of the M21 (with the extended barrel). So a 9" OAL results, 14 ozs, and it will group 2" at 25 yds, and wont be audible beyond 50m. If you know to hold shut the slide with your non firing thumb, it won't be heard at 50 FEET. But then you'll have to cycle the slide by hand.

• Banned
the can needs to have a 3/4" OD main tube, with a 1.125" OD sleeve tube around the main tube, sealed at both ends, with the main tube's rear 1/3rd being vented into the sleeve area. Then the sleeve tube is vented into an "underchamber" that's mounted below the sleeve tube. This is how a 3.5" of silencer can be fully as effective as a 6" one.

• Banned
bush axe wont pick a squireel out of a tall tree. This pistol will, easily. Most of the time, if you dont kick debris on the critter with your miss, it will just sit there until you hit it with one of your subsequent shots. It will duck as if hornets are buzzing it. :) if you have a flock of birds in a tree, shoot the bottom-most ones first, cause their falling bodies, from the upper parts of the tree, will scare off the other birds.

A bushaxe works great against snakes. And I believe your OP started with "If all you expect to shoot is snakes...".

As for shooting squirrels out of tall trees, I doubt you will score many hits with that pistol at more than 20 yards.

A bushaxe works great against snakes. And I believe your OP started with "If all you expect to shoot is snakes...".

As for shooting squirrels out of tall trees, I doubt you will score many hits with that pistol at more than 20 yards.
When I was a kid........a pump up pellet gun .......one shot was the ideal weapon for squirrel.............don't have to dig all the pellets out from hitting it with a shot gun.

When I am scouting for a hunting spot, I carry a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 5.5" bbl loaded with .44 Special shotshells. Shreds a venomous snake in one shot.

When I was a kid........a pump up pellet gun .......one shot was the ideal weapon for squirrel.............don't have to dig all the pellets out from hitting it with a shot gun.

My grandfather hated shooting squirrels with a shotgun (unless it was to protect his pecan trees). I learned with an old Remington single shot rifle in .22lr.

so what? if you can pick a good spot and hold still, you'll get lots of shots at 20 years or less. Ditto if you can stalk. With the silencer mounted, when you miss, the critter just sits there, as long as your bullet strike doesnt kick debris upon them. They just crouch, like a hornet is buzzing them. So the effective range is really more like 35 yds. When your shot makes no noise, the other critters in the nearby area don't flee or hide, either. So the effect is 10x better than you can imagine. You have to experience hunting with a silencer to have a clue how much of a difference it makes.

so what? if you can pick a good spot and hold still, you'll get lots of shots at 20 years or less. Ditto if you can stalk. With the silencer mounted, when you miss, the critter just sits there, as long as your bullet strike doesnt kick debris upon them. They just crouch, like a hornet is buzzing them. So the effective range is really more like 35 yds. When your shot makes no noise, the other critters in the nearby area don't flee or hide, either. So the effect is 10x better than you can imagine. You have to experience hunting with a silencer to have a clue how much of a difference it makes.

I have fired plenty of guns with suppressors. If you think that a gun with a suppressor makes "no noise" you are mistaken.

As for the accuracy, here is a paragraph from the Gun Review: "Accuracy on a gun this small is limited by distance and the lack of actual sights (there is a small post in the front). My experience with micro guns has shown me that 10 feet should give you somewhat decent accuracy and anything over 15 yards you should be happy if you hit the target. After putting about 200 rounds through the Beretta 950B I had fairly accurate shots at seven feet off-hand." Gun Review: Beretta 950B - The Truth About Guns

Hitting a squirrel at 35 yards would be quite a trick.

And having the suppressor will cost you a $200 tax stamp or 10 years.

I looked up a few things. The cheapest suppressor I found on silnencerco is $323. The cheapest I have found a Beretta 950B is $295. The tax stamp for the suppressor is $200.

So you have spent $818 (pus tax & shipping ect) for an underpowered pistol with no sights. Then you have to add a sight and do some machining to get what you want. YOu will be in $1k pretty quickly. For a pocket pistol that shoots a .22 short?

I have a Hi-Standard 9 .22that I carry with the first four rounds birdshot. Any snake that I want to shoot will be in easy range. Don't shoot them for fun, only if I feel they are a danger.

Forum List

Back