Can Anyone Tell Me why an Oppressive Belief like Islam.........

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
Let's hear from more Islamic scholars in USMB. Why a belief such as this,Islam, that demeans women and controls others using totalitarian rule and barbaric treatment through Sharia Law?

They use our love of freedom against US. Yet the Islamics bitch and moan protest target people for death and burn anything that represents the USA. If we, the non-Muslims, say ANYTHING regardless how minor, that some Imam or other over-reactive Islamic religious nut deems to be a smear upon Islam. GET A LIFE FOR GOD SAKES!

I can see NO time in the future that any Christian, Jew or any other non-Muslim will ever tolerate the hateful controlling belief of Islam. And it IS time to STOP this double standard and political correctness Nonsense.

Political correctness,and the never ending 'turn the other cheek' by not addressing the issues as they REALLY are,will only result in the further infiltration of the USA by those who are out to destroy it.

Either those radicals in the Muslim world CHANGE their hate and over-reactions and start to get along with the rest of the world, or there, I am sure with-in the next 50 years, be a full fledged war between Muslim and non-Muslim factions.

I am trying to be a realist with this issue, I believe at this time we ARE NOT AT WAR with ISLAM, but the radical IMAMS and others in this belief are forcing a conflict that is almost inevitable.

Please discuss and enlighten.

Certainly if the most radical elements of Islam take control of the Islamic world generally, there will be a religious war with the rest of the world standing against the Islam world.

But from the perspective of many non-radical Moslems, there ALREADY is a war against Islam.

Let us bear in mind, shall we, that our invasion of Iraq, was also an invasion of a nation mostly comprised of followers of the prophet who did NOT live in Sharia laws.

In fact, Iraq was one of the more secular Islamic nations.

Now we are told, and most of us believe, that our invasion and occupation of Iraq had nothing to do with religion, right? Lokewise we say that our invasion of Afghanistan had nothing to do with their religion, correct?

So then it follows, if that is true, that our occupation of Afghanistan will not include us attempting to make that nation secular.

Except we ARE trying to secularize their laws and their society.

So it follows, to those Moselms who are watching this even unfold, that the Western takeover of an Islamic nation (regardless of why we say we're doing it) is an assault on the LOCAL VALUES (read Islamic traditions) found in that nation.

Now I personally find the local values of the Afghanistan people not at all to my liking.

I'm sure that most of you do too.

But still....

Who the hell are we to decide how those people live?

Last edited:
Non "radicals" dont have the moral high ground to claim Islam.
Killing non believers , those who do what allah forbids, Those who disbelieve in things allah forbids is an act of piety for a muslim, proof they are beleivers 9:111-9112
Islamic scripture is not a mystery .
The mystery is why everyone doesnt know what the Quran and hadith say about non believers and jihad 9 years down the road since
9_11_jumpers4.jpg

Thats the mystery.

Forum List

Back