Can anyone here interpret dreams?

UsaPride

Mar 13, 2004
NC
I took a very short nap today and had a very wierd and vivid dream.
First of all, it was at the beach. Most of my dreams are, it's my most favorite place.
I remember going all around the condo and beach looking for someone that I had to find and I couldn't. My heart actually hurt.
Then I was in the beach and seen a shark, so I ran out and up on this hill and seen two GIANT sharks, the size of whales and they were right where I was, and they were both attacking a carp. What in the hell would that mean? LOL!!
Then I was walking on the pier with someone from THIS website that I've never seen a picture of, never talked to at all, and couldn't even tell you what his avatar is. Why would I dream this? I don't know this persons name but in my dream it's his screen name, LOL!!
Then, as we're walking I relize I forgot my children who are roaming around ALONE, and I run to them, the guy from here turns into my husband, and we both think it's weird that WE forgot the kids on OUR walk.
Can anyone flash some light on this for me? LOL!!

Oh, and when I woke up, my heart still hurt from not being able to find that first person at the beginning of my dream.

I'm kinda new at this, and I'm no psychologist, but I've seen stuff like this before. What you have to remember is that with the exception of clearly interpretable, prophetic dreams, if you believe in them, dreams are just jumbled thoughts that are swimming around in your brain. The person you're looking for is probably someone you either want to meet, have lost, or haven't seen in a long time. The sharks are probably just whatever you ate talking. Sharks are something lots of people are into, and big sharks are the things of mediocre to horrible movies, which is probably houw that got there. Forgetting your children could be but probably isn't a result of guilt from you 'not spending enough time with the kids.' More likely, it's just something that happened to you before and surfaced in the dream. The connection between the board person and your husband probably just means you've been on this board too much and that person reminds you of your husband.

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you can draw a lot of parallels from your life, in which case you should probably try to resolve these issues.

Thanks Hobbit!! I appreciate it! Now I have to start connecting the dots, LOL!

Spending to much time here? Me? Nahhh, LOL!!! Okay, maybe a little :D

UsaPride said:
Thanks Hobbit!! I appreciate it! Now I have to start connecting the dots, LOL!

Spending to much time here? Me? Nahhh, LOL!!! Okay, maybe a little :D

dreams have manifest and latent interpretations--may wanna try googling that and see what you find.

Okay, Ducky, this is what I got on sharks:

To see a shark in your dream, represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities. Alternatively, you may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others.

Holy hell, emotional threat?! Eeeeek!

To see the beach in your dream, symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.

To dream that you are on the beach and looking out toward the ocean, indicates unknown and major changes that are occurring in your life. Consider the state of the ocean, whether it is calm, pleasant, forbidding, etc.

To dream that you are looking toward the beach, suggests that you are returning to what is familiar to you. Alternatively, you may be adapting or accepting to the changes and circumstances in your life.

To dream that you are relaxing on a beach, signifies that the coming weeks will be calm and tranquil for you. Your stress will be alleviated and you will find peace of mind.

To dream that you are working on the beach, signifies a business project that will consume most of your time.

So, I'm looking toward the ocean and see the sharks. Creepy!

UsaPride said:
Okay, Ducky, this is what I got on sharks:

To see a shark in your dream, represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities. Alternatively, you may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others.

you have big teeth and a dorsal fin ??? :eek2:

To dream that you are walking with ease, represents the way you are moving through life and progress toward your goals. Consider your destination.

Okay, I was walking on the peir with ease, until I relized I forgot my kids, LOL!

To see children in your dream, signifies your own childlike qualities or a retreat back to a childlike state. It is an extension of your inner child during a time of innocence, purity, simplicity, and a carefree attitude. You may be longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurtured.

To save a child, signifies your attempts to save a part of yourself from being destroyed.

So, I forgot about my inner child and went to rescue myself? LOL!!

UsaPride said:
The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others.

I wouldnt say emotional threat exactly, just consumed by powerful emotions. Sharks are very powerful, emotions can be too.

Said1 said:
I wouldnt say emotional threat exactly, just consumed by powerful emotions. Sharks are very powerful, emotions can be too.
Well, alot of things are going on so I can see the powerful emotions!!

Lil' One,

Which site did you find to interpret your dream?

It seems an interesting subject to study for a little while. I like to inform myself about things that interest me, and it often hits on a whim like this.

Forum List

Back