Can anyone explain why this teacher still has a job?

it pains me when people i normally agree with and always respect abandon due process. It leaves me with the group i normally disagree with and find generally contemptable. Due process is there to protect the ocassional innocent person who is the target of political or personal attack. It may surprise you, but teachers are often in that position.

Due process does not apply to being fired from a job, people need to stop thinking the constitution applies to every situation.

If she wants to sue the school for wrongful termination she is free to do so, but they should be free to fire her without having to pay her when she endangers children. That would, however, be a civil action, not a criminal one, and not subject to due process concerns. If the DA decides to charge her with something then you can start worrying about due process.

How does due process protect a public employee?- ABA Family Legal Guide

You are welcome.

I disagree with tenure. I support due process. A teacher should be able to choose whether they want to be part of a union or not.

Bfgrn, sorry about your pain. lol

It pains me when people I normally agree with and always respect abandon due process. It leaves me with the group I normally disagree with and find generally contemptable. Due process is there to protect the ocassional innocent person who is the target of political or personal attack. It may surprise you, but teachers are OFTEN in that position.

The good news; you don't have to disagree with the people who abandon due process. You just DID. Too bad you put your hatred ahead of liberty. I suggest you change your screen name, it is a lie.

A teacher with tenure is considered to have a property interest in his or her job, because there is the express or implied understanding that a teacher cannot lose that job without just cause.

If a public employee has a property interest in a job, he or she cannot be discharged without due process. Due process requires that the employee be given notice of the reason for being discharged and a fair hearing at which to contest the decision.

Law and the Workplace

Now that I've sobered up, I could edit my post but.... nah.
I am obviously displeased with the schooling "system".

Thank your strong teacher's union for this kind of horse shit.

Must...... read........ article........

"In the end, the 27 hand-made cards, which allegedly included some of the children’s addresses, never made it into Coccarelli’s hands, as they were intercepted by an officer and, based on his past history, deemed “inappropriate” for him to possess. The package of student notes apparently arrived at the prison on Dec. 23. After receiving them, officials determined they came from PS 143 and, in turn, called the school’s principal..."

My opinion is the teacher should receive an unpaid leave of absence until the issue could be sorted out. If the allegations were unfounded then Dean should be reinstated with back pay.
Paying Dean until an investigation and 'paperwork' is completed is not acceptable IMHO.

I disagree with tenure. I support due process. A teacher should be able to choose whether they want to be part of a union or not.

Bfgrn, sorry about your pain. lol

It pains me when people I normally agree with and always respect abandon due process. It leaves me with the group I normally disagree with and find generally contemptable. Due process is there to protect the ocassional innocent person who is the target of political or personal attack. It may surprise you, but teachers are OFTEN in that position.

The good news; you don't have to disagree with the people who abandon due process. You just DID. Too bad you put your hatred ahead of liberty. I suggest you change your screen name, it is a lie.

A teacher with tenure is considered to have a property interest in his or her job, because there is the express or implied understanding that a teacher cannot lose that job without just cause.

If a public employee has a property interest in a job, he or she cannot be discharged without due process. Due process requires that the employee be given notice of the reason for being discharged and a fair hearing at which to contest the decision.

Law and the Workplace

It makes sense when you think about it. Since the "government" is your employer, there would have to be some sort of recognized standard for the termination. It would not be sufficient for a trigger happy boss to fire people without oversight because their actions are endorsed by the taxpayers.

Forum List

Back