Can anyone explain to me

Look, I come from a long line of lunch bag toters, and cereal eaters. Parents need to get off their asses and start being a parent. Feeding your kid is a part of that, it's why you get the food stamps in the first place. Quit worrying so much about the kids, thats their parents job.

Not if the parents cannot afford to feed their children well. We require that children attend school every day and learn. Well, they can't learn if they can't concentrate because they are HUNGRY.

A country that can afford to drop bombs costing $500,000 each can afford to feed poor children a decent meal in schools.

Look, I come from a long line of lunch bag toters, and cereal eaters. Parents need to get off their asses and start being a parent. Feeding your kid is a part of that, it's why you get the food stamps in the first place. Quit worrying so much about the kids, thats their parents job.

Not if the parents cannot afford to feed their children well. We require that children attend school every day and learn. Well, they can't learn if they can't concentrate because they are HUNGRY.

A country that can afford to drop bombs costing $500,000 each can afford to feed poor children a decent meal in schools.

It's double dipping. They got food stamps that already put food on the table for that meal, then we pay for the school to feed them again, the same meal. I think I should only be required to provide one meal per person, not two. This is a school not a restraunt, and the money we would save by not being reduntant is in the millions.

They got food stamps that already put food on the table for that meal, then we pay for the school to feed them again, the same meal.

Again, not everyone that qualifies for free or reduced school lunches get food stamps. And double again, how exactly do you feed a family of four on 368 a month? I'm an extremely frugal shopper in the midwest close to producing farms and I can't feed three people on less than 400 a month.

What does the constitution say about the states petitioning the federal government for help? Does the constitution say the feds must refuse to help the states?

When a child has a full belly they learn better.

Its simply to try and make education more effective.

The alternative to School Lunch Programs, at least around here, would be big time Foster Home placement, which may not be all that bad of an idea for those that are most vulnerable. Some of the housing projects, where the past time is drugs and prostitution, is a poor environment for kids to have to grow up in. What kind of Utopia does a kid born with Aid's and addiction really have to look forward to, as things stand now?

I support Feeding in the schools, rather than malnutrition, understanding that it is not a fix or solution, and a poor band-aid or stop gap at that. Regular Drug Testing for those on assistance? Foster Placement for those most in need? When does the Welfare of the kids come into play???

Obviously SNAP doesn't "work" as outlined in the table.

Then fix it. A second program means more bureaucrats, which means the system is less efficient and less pf the money collected (as a percent) actually goes to help those you intend to help.
Why not just fix one program instead of creating a new bunch of bureaucrats to pay?
Because there aren't enough votes in Congress to address the issue of low wages not keeping up with housing bubbles or rising costs
?

That's not an argument for the program

That's what SNAP is for

Take the money from the school lunch program and put it into SNAP

And double again, how exactly do you feed a family of four on 368 a month?

You don't have two children you can't care for?

Maybe parents who can't or don't provide for their children shouldn't have custody of their children?

Perhaps we should stop encouraging them to have children they can't provide for?

The important thing to look at here isn't weather they should have a school lunch program (which they shouldn't), or not. It is weather people are consistant with their morality.

You can't be against abortion, and then against the school lunch program that makes no sense. What? you want the child born so he/she can starve.

It's like all the other people saying, "we need are schools to perform better but we're cutting the education budget." How does that thinking jive?

What gives you the right to decide what is, and is not, consistent about another person's morality? Do you consider yourself to be morally consistent?

Does your morality support buying something that you know is worthless simply because it is expensive? Does your morality support me deciding what you eat? Does it support me telling you how to raise your children?

They got food stamps that already put food on the table for that meal, then we pay for the school to feed them again, the same meal.
Again, not everyone that qualifies for free or reduced school lunches get food stamps. And double again, how exactly do you feed a family of four on 368 a month? I'm an extremely frugal shopper in the midwest close to producing farms and I can't feed three people on less than 400 a month.

What does the constitution say about the states petitioning the federal government for help? Does the constitution say the feds must refuse to help the states?

It doesn't say anything about it. It does, however, give people the right to petition the government to address grievances.

By the way, studies have proven that adequate sleep gives children more ability to learn than food does, should we require kids to get 8 hours of sleep in a government approved sleep center?

The only real defense anyone has for the school lunch program is that it exists. Forgive me if I do not think that is enough justification for its existence.

All parents, especially shitty ones, make sure the kids get to bed.

Has there been a need to address children that haven't slept? If there is, you just may see those sleep centers open. Right now we just call them homeless shelters.

Why the National School Lunch Program exists?

Shouldn't poor families already be receiving aid through SNAP?

If SNAP works, why do we need the NSLP?

Why does the Fed need to be involved? Why can't the State collect the taxes and fund the programs in their own districts?

Why do we need to Fed involved in this?
The need for a free and reduced lunch program has been well established by both studies and classroom experience. Hungry kids do not do well in school and create classroom disruptions. Most kids from low income homes do not get a satisfactory lunches unless the school provides it. For many of these kids, the only good meal they get is at school. Low income parents often send the kids to school with nothing more than a couple of donuts or a ketchup sandwich which is just about worthless. The total cost of the school lunch program for the country is only 9.8 billion dollars a year which is a bargain when you consider we have already spent a billion dollars in the first days of maintaining the Libyan no fly zone.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/lunch/aboutlunch/NSLPFactSheet.pdf

The decision as to whether this program, or for that matter most federal programs should be state or federally sponsored should be determined by two criteria, universal need and standardization. If the program is clearly needed by most states and the program has no needed for local modifications, then it should be a federal program because it's more economical than 50 separate programs. Using a business example, it would make no sense for a company with 50 branches to have a payroll department at every branch. Likewise, providing program design, funding, and administration in 50 states is not good use of funds. Why have 50 state program administrators and support staff instead of one?

So then we can agree to not count children attending school when determining SNAP benefits, since the poor are all shitty parents and never use those benefits to feed the children anyway?

Why the National School Lunch Program exists?

Shouldn't poor families already be receiving aid through SNAP?

If SNAP works, why do we need the NSLP?

Why does the Fed need to be involved? Why can't the State collect the taxes and fund the programs in their own districts?

Why do we need to Fed involved in this?

Federal Express kicks back profits to the DNC. They expense it as advertising.

So then we can agree to not count children attending school when determining SNAP benefits, since the poor are all shitty parents and never use those benefits to feed the children anyway?

Well sure, if we don't want them to have dinner or eat on the weekends, or holidays, or snow days or the summer. What kind of lunch do you think a parent can offer when they are trying to feed 4 people 3 meals on 12 dollars a day?

Are you spending the tax-dollars twice when you feed the child once? Is that the problem? I think you worry about the little things in life. Does it keep you awake at night?:lol:

When you have multiple programs performing the same function you pay more in unnecessary administrative costs, dick head. How stupid are you?

No program is made unless it is needed.

:lol: Guess that just answered my question. You're incredibly stupid, but most of us already knew that anyway.

I don't need to show you anything, and its the general welfare clause.

Wrong answer.

Forum List

Back