Can anybody put a number to the amount of people Saddam killed in '02?

Dec 3, 2003
Fayetteville
I've been looking for this number off and on for 2 years now without finding out how many people Saddam killed in 2002. It seems like it would be everywhere since either side could use it to boost their case depending on how many/few actually were murdered.

Can anyone give me a statistic with a link?

nbdysfu said:
why just '02?

I just want a real number on how many people Saddam was killing prior to our invasion. The third justification was that this would be sort of a humanitarian act to prevent the killing, but I have yet to see any number to pin down the number of deaths that can be attributed to Saddam.

I'm not being partisan, it'd just help me make up my mind whether or not that was a valid point.

supermarine said:
I heard in his whole ruling he killed about like, 4 million. But these statistics may be wrong.

Figures I've seen indicate more on the order of 700,000 - 1,000,000.

I think the 4,000,000 figure includes Iraqi military losses, and losses incured by the Iranians and others as a result of Iraqi military operations. I don't think these losses are what is being requested.

Most of Saddams butchering of the innocent occured in the 80's, when he was still a "friend" to the USA. The numbers killed since 2000 were in the low thousands - most political opposition having been killed long ago.

Forum List

Back