Can any of you gardeners tell me........

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
How long after spraying Round Up do you have to wait to plant seed? I have sprayed the ditch and I'm going to either rake it out or burn it out and then plant some crown vetch. Yeah, yeah, I know that is invasive, but it grows around here and blooms all summer. I'm tired of having to tend that ditch.

SS

It seems as if I heard 6 weeks was the magic amount of time to wait.

only use it where you plan on planting grass

flowers are iffy and veggies are out as round up prevent the absorption of nutrients. it stunts flowers and makes the idea of eating the veggies from a garden useless

It seems as if I heard 6 weeks was the magic amount of time to wait.

Could be. I think I bought too much seed. I thought of sewing half of it this year and if it didn't make, then use the other half in the spring.

It should tell you on the bottle of round up.

Under 'directions'

:D

I looked, but didn't see it. I was outside and didn't have my reading glasses on though.

How long after spraying Round Up do you have to wait to plant seed?

Why not just drink poison and be done with it?

Hate to inform you, hot shot, but my little ditch isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to vegetation management done by YOUR government.

I have seen both 6 weeks & 7 days wait before planting.

However, roundup works by contact with either the plant leaves or stems. I don't know how it could have much effect on seeds in the ground. If the plant doesn't have contact with the liquid...it won't work/kill it.

And it and every other farm chemical is sprayed all around me. I live rural with a cotton field across the road.

I went ahead and planted the crown vetch where I had sprayed. It is coming out and looks healthy.

Really this is reliable details i like this actually i was in looking for this details and considering to create a line for this but i have no need to create any line after study out this details anyways thanks for this and have a awesome day

It should tell you on the bottle of round up.

Under 'directions'

:D

Depends on which type you use. There is round up and then there is roundup with an allegedly season-long pre-emrgent in it that usually only lasts a few months.

I went ahead and planted the crown vetch where I had sprayed. It is coming out and looks healthy.

Good. Glad it worked out for you. Sorry I did not see this thread earlier. In the future, just avoid anything with "season long" or similar phrasing if you want to plant over anytime soon. I have a wet weather creek/summer ditch running through my back yard. I carpet bomb the thing with brush killer when it dries out and just leave it that way. I have some lob lollies planted along it and their needles help hold the soil in place and keep the weeds down so I can usually go 2-3 years before I have to do it again.

Forum List

Back