Can an American Muslim be a good American?

After seeing this, I can understand how a good American can be a good Muslim, and how a good Muslim can be a good American.

It strikes me, hate and prejudice are the causes of violence, not religion.

Can a "Good Christian" be a good "Merican"? Ask the Indians and Blacks.

Yes the "good book" (Bible) is OK with slavery and many other dark issues just like the Muslim "good book". Watching people profile all Christians via word for word of the Bible would be exactly what some are doing to Muslims today.

Murder in the Bible

After seeing this, I can understand how a good American can be a good Muslim, and how a good Muslim can be a good American.

Yes the "good book" (Bible) is OK with slavery and many other dark issues just like the Muslim "good book". Watching people profile all Christians via word for word of the Bible would be exactly what some are doing to Muslims today.

Murder in the Bible

wrong again -----"some" are profiling muslims for EXACTLY what musims DO---and ALSO preach------today. Pay attention to reality-----It is likely that you never met a muslim in your life------but I have

Winners use love as a weapon

OMG- Love. Lets hold hands everyone...

BARF

-Geaux

Thank you for the example of why there is hate and violence and intolerance and assholes everywhere.

Winners use love as a weapon

OMG- Love. Lets hold hands everyone...

BARF

-Geaux

Exactly what God and Jesus have been telling humans for centuries...

And he also told us fags should be stoned.

-Geaux

He actually said that fags should GET stoned.

Murder in the Bible

wrong again -----"some" are profiling muslims for EXACTLY what musims DO---and ALSO preach------today. Pay attention to reality-----It is likely that you never met a muslim in your life------but I have

Yea funny how Christians use to do the same thing but we are more evolved than 3rd world Countries. History repeats itself. Not all muslims are dangerous and not all Christians are dangerous. CRAZY!

Ironic that evolved Muslims seem to come to the USA. One even got the Nobel Peace Prize and told Obama to stop bombing and start educating.

Of course in theory they can. But lets ask one honest question.

Since the Quran is Anti-democratic, and anti-American, how can Muslims balance the two?

The OT and NT are anti-democratic and "anti-American", yet religious folks balance the two. Why should Islam be any different?

Good point.

But I also have a good answer. Because Islam is the only religion currently presenting such a literal hostility towards the "Kuffar" (infidel) as its says in their holy book.

Christians figured out long ago that those damn crusades belong to the dark days when people were like sheep. We don't fear those being repeated. Islam is still falling behind on that one.

Since the Quran is Anti-democratic, and anti-American, how can Muslims balance the two?

The OT and NT are anti-democratic and "anti-American", yet religious folks balance the two. Why should Islam be any different?

Hate of all in a group requires stereotypes and ignoring all the members of that group who don't fit the picture you try to paint.
Yes, many Muslims live under dictatorships, many supported by the the US, but millions don't, living under democracies very similar to the US versions.
The hate filled posters refuse to see this because they don't want the truth out.
Of course,that doesn't just apply to those who hate Islam, many use the same against Jews as well.

It's not "hate" to point out a fact. I believe Muslims can be good Americans, like other people, but I did ask something logical, which you chose to ignore.

Please explain how a book that was written over a thousand years before America was even known about can be anti American.

Sorry, now I see you did not ignore the point, sorry about that.

America holds certain values of liberty and freedom of choice, what is now known as "western values". Sadly you hear all the time of people wanting to bring the Sharia to America.

Let's as this as simply as possible. Do you support that calling, as Muslim? Do you support that idea that women go all covered up, Quran be taught and embraced, like those people say should happen?

Good point.

But I also have a good answer. Because Islam is the only religion currently presenting such a literal hostility towards the "Kuffar" (infidel) as its says in their holy book.

Christians figured out long ago that those damn crusades belong to the dark days when people were like sheep. We don't fear those being repeated. Islam is still falling behind on that one.

The thing is - Christianity changed and not that long ago historically speaking. Islam is a couple centuries behind. That doesn't mean it won't change or - more to the point, is currently undergoing change. That doesn't mean Muslims in western countries don't believe in western ideals. Muslims have been living in western countries for years, centuries even and Muslim culture is long interwoven with Christian culture in some of those countries. Muslims have been living in America since it's inception. To suggest that they are un-American and anti-democratic makes me wonder who is really un-American and anti-democratic.

How many organizations like "Sharia for Britain" are there that we know or not know about?

Probably not as many as you think. The media likes to focus on the sensational. Even if the membership is only a few dozen, they'll hype it. After all - what's the fun in reporting on well behaved patriotic citizens who are viewed as "foreigners"?

Good point.

The thing is - Christianity changed and not that long ago historically speaking. Islam is a couple centuries behind. That doesn't mean it won't change or - more to the point, is currently undergoing change. That doesn't mean Muslims in western countries don't believe in western ideals. Muslims have been living in western countries for years, centuries even and Muslim culture is long interwoven with Christian culture in some of those countries. Muslims have been living in America since it's inception. To suggest that they are un-American and anti-democratic makes me wonder who is really un-American and anti-democratic.

I wonder how many muslims coyote has known well and with how
many she has spoken in depth. And I wonder how many times she has
been in a mosque. As to the "they lag behind Christians by 400 years--
that one is really funny in view of the STANDARD Islamic partyline
to which I have been treated for some 45 years. ISLAM was and is
FAR FAR ahead of the "other two religions" (the standard Islamic partyline
is that there are three religions in the world----Judaism, Christianity and then
the FINAL AND LAST CORRECTION OF THE TWO PREVIOUS MESSED
UP ONES_------the PERFECTION OF THE RELIGIONS ****ISLAM****)
sheeeesh coyote ------"corrupted Christianity" is 'ahead' of PERFECT ISLAM????? don't say that in a mosque for those wondering ----
Hinduism Buddhism, Taoism etc are "FAKE RELIGIONS" for the
record------fellow Christians and jews-----we are supposed to be HAPPY
with that INFORMATION

How many organizations like "Sharia for Britain" are there that we know or not know about?

Probably not as many as you think. The media likes to focus on the sensational. Even if the membership is only a few dozen, they'll hype it. After all - what's the fun in reporting on well behaved patriotic citizens who are viewed as "foreigners"?

no one should depend on "the media" -----it is misleading about just about
everything. One might as well depend on the old lady next door for
medical advice. -----how to can peaches....yes------diagnose a stroke---NOPE

America holds certain values of liberty and freedom of choice, what is now known as "western values". Sadly you hear all the time of people wanting to bring the Sharia to America.

Let's as this as simply as possible. Do you support that calling, as Muslim? Do you support that idea that women go all covered up, Quran be taught and embraced, like those people say should happen?

America claims to hold such values, but has a pretty bad track record of removing elected governments in favour of imposing its dictators.
It's a bit hard to see how the claimed values hold up against history.

I do not support full sharia, much of the reason being the corruption of it by extremist idiots.
As for women's dress code, Indonesia has it about right.
The dress code here is modesty without stupidity.
Girls tend to dress in western style clothes, but round necks replace V necks, and legs are normally covered.
You see some in full coverings, but these are commonly referred to as 'terrorists' wives', and tend to be avoided by most.
Even the extremist lot in the far north can't manage to enforce the black idiotic clothes they want women to wear.
The real stupidity comes when you look at the reasons for the black bin liner kit.
It isn't Islamic at all, but cultural and protection from the weather in the countries it's popular in.
If you think about it, in a hot country, prone to sandstorms, that style of dress works.
As for head coverings -preferred, but not enforced here.
I rather like them, but I wouldn't dream of doing anything to force a woman to wear one.
My wife does sometimes, but not often.
I also happen to think it makes her look cute.

Uncovering the Head Covering Debate Her.meneutics Christianitytoday.com

Very few.
The UK is unlucky as far as many of the Muslims it has goes.
Britain colonised some of the more extreme areas of the world, so many of the Muslims who live there hold views that are less than compatible with UK life.
However, even those from the tribal areas of Pakistan tend not to demand extreme forms of Islamic law, much as the nasty rags tend to paint that picture.

A few groups shout a lot, but the press never show wide angle shots.
Their story tend to fall apart when you realise these groups consist of about 20 loud mouthed idiots.

Indonesia is a stinking shariah shit hole------right now a bit moderate----but shit-hole
nonetheless. The history of the filth of islam is replete with on again and off again shariah shit. The ON phenomena are always bloody. Indonesian Christians are
running in droves in order to avoid rape and murder of their daughters. Hindus hide in Bali. ------parts are full fledged shariah cesspits

I don't do media I learned islam from muslims and also from survivors of
shariah shit holes. I knew islam long before most americans knew the word
"Koran" No question----"media" does focus on sensational and ALSO leaves out lots Newspapers should be read with some level of intelligence and discernment

I speak of the tradtitional knowledge in Islam. An American Muslim must be a good American in the sense that he has to obey the laws. Muslims are ordered to obey the laws of the country they live in.

Forum List

Back