can Americans deal with the truth?

The answer to the first question:

This is America, white Jesus sells at Walmart. That one was easy. Now for Christians, we know Jesus was a Jew, and the likely hood He looked like a Norseman is highly unlikely. It makes no difference what the pigment of His skin was, the fact He came, died, and was raised does it for me!

As for the second question, read my signature.

Originally posted by boss13
The answer to the first question:

This is America, white Jesus sells at Walmart. That one was easy. Now for Christians, we know Jesus was a Jew, and the likely hood He looked like a Norseman is highly unlikely. It makes no difference what the pigment of His skin was, the fact He came, died, and was raised does it for me!

As for the second question, read my signature.

Your signature is the problem. Everyone must blend in to become American. In Canada we refer to ourselves as a mosaic. I'm english-polish, my friend, fillipino, another german. Our differences is what brings us together. A number a different races and ethnicities living together in tolerance. No one needs to change in order to become Canadian.

Your signature is the problem. Everyone must blend in to become American. In Canada we refer to ourselves as a mosaic. I'm english-polish, my friend, fillipino, another german. Our differences is what brings us together. A number a different races and ethnicities living together in tolerance. No one needs to change in order to become Canadian.

Oh yeah, we're all in lockstep here. :rolleyes:

Exactly my point.

You are Canadien, or better yet, a canadien that lives in the Americas.

So you would fall in with those that would be Italian-American, African-American, German-Americans...et al.

But what begs the larger question, why would anyone leave the U.S. and go to Canada to attempt to become a Canadien?

Still, you could come here, and become an AMERICAN!

Originally posted by Said1
In the Canada I live in, we call ourselves Canadians. Although, I can't speak for everyone, and either can you :p:

I'm just trying to say, that here you are not assimulated into a certain type of canadian 'identity'. Your culture and traditions etc., are added to the bigger picture that is Canada. So when you talk to people, they do not need to classify them as canadian-whatever, because they already are. From newly landed immigrant to born and raised. The culural differences are the strength to this country.

Originally posted by boss13
Exactly my point.

You are Canadien, or better yet, a canadien that lives in the Americas.

So you would fall in with those that would be Italian-American, African-American, German-Americans...et al.

But what begs the larger question, why would anyone leave the U.S. and go to Canada to attempt to become a Canadien?

Still, you could come here, and become an AMERICAN!

To assume that everyone, should or wants to be American, is a very american thing of you to say. And is the one of the big reasons way they rest of the world has a dislike for america, and things she tends to stand for.

I was giving a little shot to my neighbor to the north in my post above.

I am sure many would much prefer the state they are or were in. America's intervention abroad has brought about an amazing amount of freedom. And accordingly, I apologize to you for this.

The things we stand for....which of these are bothing you the most?

Not the things that sometime occur, but the things that are American.

Self determination
Freedoms, too many to type out here
Limited government
Election of its leaders
And so on......

We, the United States, have our faults, pride among them. But I will tell you, we feel no greater pride than to help someone along the way, achieve more than they thought they could. We constantly want to better ourselves and those around us. Not through a show or display of force, it is done best by example, and sometimes we might not set the best example.

At least in this country, I can openly disagree with my government. Stand on a corner and express it, without risking harm to me or my family. Then I can vote to replace those that represent me.

So, hey, dont hate me because I might have plenty. My hand is always extended to help someone else, and show them how they might have plenty also.

That, my friend, is AMERICAN, no matter what soil you are standing on.

To assume that everyone, should or wants to be American, is a very american thing of you to say. And is the one of the big reasons way they rest of the world has a dislike for america, and things she tends to stand for.posted by Mr. Marbles
:rolleyes:

Well if the rest of the world dislikes us, they should certainly stop coming here and expecting us to pay for and fix their problems.

Agreed, Kathianne....

Where would the UN, World Bank, WTO...and all the other programs Geo Washington warned us against be without our support (read American Dollars).

When an international disaster occurs, I cant remember a time when the US didnt immediately respond offering whatever support might be needed.
And we do this without thought or inference of any type of reciprocation.

Sometimes I wish the US would withhold all foreign aid for sixty days just to see.

I've never been an isolationist or xenophob, however it might do us and the world good, if we did only involve ourselves in issues of direct import to us.

Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't help another country out, say Western Europeans during disasters could get a 15%APR loan. They wouldn't even have to say thank you.

Soulja:>>Why do all you americans portray jesus as white? Jesus was more like bin ladin or saddam hussein . . <<

Why do [beep!]s like you make this silly claim? I was brought up in a very conservative Baptist church, and all the pictures I remember of JC had him being brown, and a rather dark brown, with dark brown hair. Not blond, not white. At least as dark as Bin Laden.

Yes, I think in recent years there have been 1 or 2 Hollywood movies [which were condemned by Fundamentalist Christians] that displayed JC as a limp-wristed whitish whimp. That is not the typical portrayal.

Funny.....picturing Christ looking down from heaven and shaking his head. We constantly miss His point.

Each of us should strive every day to look like Christ. Not by being brown or white, but by loving others as He loved us.

Simple request, but oh so hard to do.

GW's economic advisor Gregory Mankiw told the truth when he said outsourcing is good for the economy.

But Americans could not handle this truth, and the Administration had to retract the statement. And he was condemned by all the liberals, unions, protectionists, and other demagogues who tell people only what they want to hear.

There are some verboten truths that you just are not supposed to say.

PHP:
We all know that Basically Canada is the 51st American state, I mean lets say that we stopped all economic ties with Canada, Canada would shrivel up and waste away inside of 6 months

This is the bullshit we have to read...damn
a little originality would help out a bit. Most of these threads consist of one person claiming something credible that is wrong with the U.S...and then it's followed by countless replies insulting other nations for trivial things. Half of those have to do with the belittling of Canada. Obviously, Canada relies on trade with the U.S but I doubt if it were ceased, that the nation would be sent into economic chaos.

Stop repeating your damn selves

Forum List

Back