CDZ Can America function like this?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Mac1958, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,667

No

2. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,886
    There were embers of brilliance there -- in spots. LOL. For instance, there's not a lot of distance between "Instant Gratification" and the Voting strategy of "looking for winners".. Americans don't vote for qualified principled Independents and 3rd parties BECAUSE -- only Repubs and Dems can win. And WINNING is the Pavlovian treat that they desire. NOT GREAT GOVERNANCE.. You lust for WINNERS because you can't allow the "other side" to win.. Another way the 2 party system constantly moves us to the "bottom" when it comes to impressive, NEW names on ballots. That's how you end up with a choice between Clinton the 2nd and Trump the Magnificent. Both meglomaniac Power Whores who hijacked or outright bought their parties.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BlackSand

BlackSand Nobody Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,135
    A third party candidate ... Wouldn't supply immediate gratification for anyone.
    Crap, you would probably have to lose a while before they could make a substantial difference in the political scene.
    Are you expecting a third party miracle candidate is going to jump out of a cake and immediately satisfy our needs?

It isn't going to happen chief ... The best people for the job aren't going anywhere near that circus in Washington ... And I don't blame them.
    You get what you ask for when you look towards the government for anything ... And it's just a sloppy bag of a lukewarm, poor excuse for "food".

4. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,886
    I'm POSITIVE it would have an immediate effect. Let me explain why. You see the diff now when Corker, Flake, McCain are no longer running for office. They can SPEAK OUT against the party bosses and not fear retribution. Same deal with Sanders -- who never was a "loyal party animal"..

Just having a HANDFUL of Indies and 3rd parties there that are not endentured slaves to the 2 parties would make a HUGE difference in the dialogue -- even in the votes. Because THEIR INDEPENDENT concerns would need to be addressed on every CLOSE key vote.

Don't NEED ALL of the power. You just need folks that aren't muzzled and whipped into line..

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BlackSand

BlackSand Nobody Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,135
    Don't hold your breath ... I will hate to risk being accused of sexual assault if I have to give you CPR ... :thup:
    I would give you CPR ... But let's not go there anyway.