Can afford to pay more

again another idiot that doesnt know the different between capital gains and income tax.. See he already paid taxes on that money once. He invested it. He lives off his investments . Why should have to be taxed at the same rate. He could easily lose all that money in investments if his stocks tank. It is a risk. But i guess a moron like you dont know the difference..
Yet another idiot that thinks capital gains is taxed more than once. He has not paid taxes on the gain on his investment, and there is no risk either. If he loses money he gets to deduct his losses. But I guess a moron like you doesn't know anything about capital gains.

Wrong. You can only claim about 3 grand annually on your stock market losses.
Wrong, you can claim $3K each and every year until all your losses have been claimed.

Liberals love to play the evil rich guy game.
It started with the Buffett thing where the left deceived people by saying Warren Buffett's secretary paid
more in taxes then her boss...

Wrong she may have paid a higher tax rate because Warren paid on Capital Gains I'm sure.

Then the second misdirection that the left uses is that somehow rich republicans one got their money illegally by doing something corrupt then they cheat on their taxes and get away with it....

The liberal media will help the WH in any way they can to get their guy elected again.

It started with the Buffett thing where the left deceived people by saying Warren Buffett's secretary paid

Wrong she may have paid a higher tax rate because Warren paid on Capital Gains I'm sure.

Then the second misdirection that the left uses is that somehow rich republicans one got their money illegally by doing something corrupt then they cheat on their taxes and get away with it....

The liberal media will help the WH in any way they can to get their guy elected again.
In this instance, the ones who have posted here don't seem to know their tax rate is way less than Romney's and Obama's if they simply use their EZ tax forms rather than the long forms, or hire an accountant to do it for them.

“I can afford to pay a little more and Mitt Romney sure can afford to pay a little more,” Obama said. “We don’t build the economy from the top down. We build it from the bottom up.”

Well said and spot on from Obama :clap2:
A3b3xkZCYAAUphu.jpg

Horseshit. You're comparing the marginal rate for someone making $60K with Romney's effective tax rate. You just posted a huge lie. Of course, virtually everything liberals say is a lie. Liberalism itself is just one big pile of lies.

I don't know where you're getting your figures from, but I make less than $60k a year, and I have a total effective tax rate of nearly 20% for my federal taxes alone. With state taxes, it's 33% of my income. And then there's sales taxes. Assuming that a person where I live saves 10% of post net pay income, spend 33% of remaining on housing and food (not incurring sales tax) and then spend the rest in ways applicable to standard sales tax (which is actually an under estimation because some things, like gas, have taxes that are even higher than that), the overall tax rate incurred is 37% of total income.

So now, what's REALLY wrong with this picture?

You're obviously including your payroll taxes along with your federal income taxes.

You're a lying dishonest bonehead.

Yet another idiot that thinks capital gains is taxed more than once. He has not paid taxes on the gain on his investment, and there is no risk either. If he loses money he gets to deduct his losses. But I guess a moron like you doesn't know anything about capital gains.

Wrong. You can only claim about 3 grand annually on your stock market losses.
Wrong, you can claim $3K each and every year until all your losses have been claimed.

That's why I said "annually". And as Joe Biden would say... Big Fucking Deal. 3 grand ain't squat when you've taken a bath on your investments.

They're just greedy, jealous people who think they're sticking it to Wall Street fat cats, when the ones they're actually screwing is anybody with retirement investments, and since most companies don't offer pensions anymore, that's pretty much everybody. How miserable does someone's life have to be in order to spend all their fucking time worrying that somebody else might have a little more than they do. Sheesh. :eusa_sick:

“I can afford to pay a little more and Mitt Romney sure can afford to pay a little more,” Obama said. “We don’t build the economy from the top down. We build it from the bottom up.”

A3b3xkZCYAAUphu.jpg

I don't know where you're getting your figures from, but I make less than $60k a year, and I have a total effective tax rate of nearly 20% for my federal taxes alone. With state taxes, it's 33% of my income. And then there's sales taxes. Assuming that a person where I live saves 10% of post net pay income, spend 33% of remaining on housing and food (not incurring sales tax) and then spend the rest in ways applicable to standard sales tax (which is actually an under estimation because some things, like gas, have taxes that are even higher than that), the overall tax rate incurred is 37% of total income.

I make less than $60k a year, and I have a total effective tax rate of nearly 20% for my federal taxes alone.

If you're single and make $60,000, your 1040-EZ would show your taxable income is $50,500. Your income tax would be $8,756. That works out to 14.6%.
If you itemize, your rate would be lower, of course.

With state taxes, it's 33% of my income.

What state do you live in? If you think your state tax is over 13% for less than $60,000 in income, you might want to think about moving.

Besides your math?

I guess it is okay for me to steal from rich people since they can afford it.

If you're single and make $60,000, your 1040-EZ would show your taxable income is $50,500. Your income tax would be $8,756. That works out to 14.6%.

Maybe if you don't include social security and medicare.

What state do you live in? If you think your state tax is over 13% for less than $60,000 in income, you might want to think about moving.

Well, the one thing I can proudly say about my state and local taxes is that I live in a state that doesn't suck more in federal tax spending than it contributes. I mean, sure, I could move back to Texas, and avoid state income tax altogether. Though with other taxes there, I'd probably be paying more. Not to mention being ashamed of the fact that Texas freeloads off the rest of the country.

Besides your math?

My math is spot on. But nice try anyway.

Whats a hoot ,the left yammer on about his tax rate,like he wrote the tax code,you people are astounding.

Your state taxes and SS and medicare are not relevant to the conversation since we are talking only about Romney's federal income tax. So you should only be comparing your federal income tax to his.

Almost half of Americans paid 0 percent federal income tax compared to Romney's 14.1%. And they use the same roads and bridges rich people do!!! How about them apples?

Last edited:

Well, the one thing I can proudly say about my state and local taxes is that I live in a state that doesn't suck more in federal tax spending than it contributes. I mean, sure, I could move back to Texas, and avoid state income tax altogether. Though with other taxes there, I'd probably be paying more. Not to mention being ashamed of the fact that Texas freeloads off the rest of the country.

Besides your math?

My math is spot on. But nice try anyway.

Why would you include them in a discussion of income taxes?
Mitt Romney pays the exact same rate as you and everyone else for Social Security and Medicare.

I can proudly say about my state and local taxes is that I live in a state that doesn't suck more in federal tax spending than it contributes.

That is awesome. 13% for your state taxes is great. Your state must be in great financial shape. Fully funded pensions? Great roads?

Not so fast, Mister. Texas, as only 1 of 4 border states pays $5 billion a year to pay for undocumented aliens' costs imposed on border states by federal court rulings, plus we just don't let people starve to death, go without housing, clothing, medical care, or education. We also try to supply jobs where we can. We give a lot more than states with no undocumented workers, because we are required to, and because we exceed meeting the requirements. I hate taxes, too, but I hate opening the paper and reading that some person starved or froze, or bled to death due to not having the necessary things to sustain life.

Please rethink your "Texas freeloads" hubris or link to proof of this if you can think of something more we can do for our more than two million illegals <I mean undocumented persons> living here.

A3b3xkZCYAAUphu.jpg

How much did Obama pay?

Or is that an inconvenient truth?

What is the point of anyone paying more if they don't get spending under control? Fucking idiot.

I guess you liberals are all for the death tax too even though those people already paid the taxes on their money they made but the government wants to take 55 percent of it .. I am sure the people who have savings are wanting their children to get it . Not UNCLE SAM..

Giving these people (and by 'these people' I mean both sides of the aisle) more money is throwing $$$ into a bottomless pit. That's the issue here... liberals pretend there is no deficit, conservatives know there is one. You want people to pay more.... Stop. Fucking. Spending. Not fucking rocket science.

Forum List

Back