Can a union teacher be fired?

Can a union teacher be fired?

• No. Never.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, under certain circumstances.

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
NYC 'Rubber Rooms', where pedophile teachers chill out on the Taxpayers' dime. Yeah, NY Teacher Unions will have to be challenged at some point. They've made an awful mess of our Public School System.

NY is a prime example about how teachers unions dont care one iota about the children.

Don't feel too bad. Pauli is lying.

It's nice to see so many "conservatives" finally admit that yes, teachers can be fired.

So, maybe we drop the rhetoric of "Teachers can never be fired!" Ok?

No. He isn't sadly enough.

And conservatives cant finally admit something that's untrue.

Why are you completely ignoring how difficult it is to actually fire them?

NY is a prime example about how teachers unions dont care one iota about the children.

It's nice to see so many "conservatives" finally admit that yes, teachers can be fired.

He's not lying? Huh. Is that why he provided a link to the story? Oh wait. He didn't provide a link. Curious.

I'm not ignoring anything. You guys are fixated on tenured teachers only. Teachers who have already put in years of successful teaching and now have more job security. OF COURSE they should be harder to fire after years of working toward tenure. It would be idiotic to just drop them with two weeks' notice.

But tenured teachers aren't the only teachers and aren't even the majority. The majority can be fired for being bad just like anyone else can. You guys utterly, and completely, ignore that fact any time discussions of teachers or unions come up.

So why is that? Why do you only focus on tenured teachers? And why do you feel tenured teacher should be easily fired?

NYC 'Rubber Rooms', where pedophile teachers chill out on the Taxpayers' dime. Yeah, NY Teacher Unions will have to be challenged at some point. They've made an awful mess of our Public School System.

So I CAN can a handgun permit in NYC??
Of course I can.. What you trying to prove D.B. Stupid?? Besides your ironically chosen forum name?

NO victory dance for you-- In MANY places it is IMPOSSIBLE within the limitations and means of the education administration to fire union teachers.. And in others, they don't even bother because the kids would suffer too much as a result.

In MANY places it is IMPOSSIBLE within the limitations and means of the education administration to fire union teachers.. And in others, they don't even bother because the kids would suffer too much as a result.

This is 100% false.

And thank you for proving my point.

So your point is that you are a dishonest, partisan hack who wouldnt know the truth if it was written in plain English in front of you?

i dont think anyone was ever disputing that.

Can they be fired? Yes, but for simply being incompetent? Effectively, no.

In MANY places it is IMPOSSIBLE within the limitations and means of the education administration to fire union teachers.. And in others, they don't even bother because the kids would suffer too much as a result.

This is 100% false.

And thank you for proving my point.

You don't HAVE a point... How many lawyers, how many admin man-years and how many dollars SHOULD it take to fire a teacher and at what point is it TOO EXPENSIVE to waste education dollars on?

Oh -- I forgot.. To YOU --- taxpayers money and time are limitless.

He's not lying? Huh. Is that why he provided a link to the story? Oh wait. He didn't provide a link. Curious.

I'm not ignoring anything. You guys are fixated on tenured teachers only. Teachers who have already put in years of successful teaching and now have more job security. OF COURSE they should be harder to fire after years of working toward tenure. It would be idiotic to just drop them with two weeks' notice.

But tenured teachers aren't the only teachers and aren't even the majority. The majority can be fired for being bad just like anyone else can. You guys utterly, and completely, ignore that fact any time discussions of teachers or unions come up.

So why is that? Why do you only focus on tenured teachers? And why do you feel tenured teacher should be easily fired?
Incompetent tenured teacher, I take it?
At least you can spell. I received notes from my children's teachers that you'd swear were written by 2nd graders. I used to send them back graded with photocopies to the principal and BOE.

Yes, but I hear that they readily quit when they are dropped naked in a deep forest and hunted by rabid Republicans with crossbows and trained bloodhounds.

More or less Reallyfuckingstupid got his answer, didn't like it so now the goal post has changed.

The question was can a teacher in a Union be fired, reallyfuckingstupid adds that many conservatives say they can't be. The poll is dominated with "yes" but near everyone gives a follow up of "but it's really hard to fire a teacher in a Union, and they are in fact correct. This is probably similar to the answers reallyfuckingstupid received in threads where conservatives said "Union teachers can't be fired," but to reallyfuckingstupid the reality of how incredibly hard and expensive it is to fire a teacher that pretty much has to murder or rape *multiple* students to get fired gets right past him.

The question then changes to an attack, because the answer with a follow up is too damned logical and doesn’t make conservatives look bad as reallyfuckingstupid had originally intended. And that was the point of the thread, not to get an answer, but to try and make people look bad...

Last edited:

Facts not in evidence.. (you're bluffing). I don't SEE ANY pattern for the NUMBER of teacher firings based on tenure. Go find it for me here...

Table 8. Average number of public school teachers and average number of public school teachers who were dismissed in the previous year or did not have their contracts renewed based on poor performance, by tenure status of teachers and state: 2007&nda

Furthermore, the UNION part of the argument (that it makes it exponentially more difficult) is easily borne out if you look at numbers of PRIVATE school teacher firings per capita versus PUBLIC school systems..

More or less Reallyfuckingstupid got his answer, didn't like it so now the goal post has changed.

The question was can a teacher in a Union be fired, reallyfuckingstupid adds that many conservatives say they can't be. The poll is dominated with "yes" but near everyone gives a follow up of "but it's really hard to fire a teacher in a Union, and they are in fact correct. This is probably similar to the answers reallyfuckingstupid received in threads where conservatives said "Union teachers can't be fired," but to reallyfuckingstupid the reality of how incredibly hard and expensive it is to fire a teacher that pretty much has to murder or rape *multiple* students to get fired gets right past him.

The question then changes to an attack, because the answer with a follow up is too damned logical and doesn’t make conservatives look bad as reallyfuckingstupid had originally intended. And that was the point of the thread, not to get an answer, but to try and make people look bad...

I think my point was clear. Sorry you didn't understand it. I'll try to use smaller words.

Conservatives complain that teachers either can't be fired or are "hard" to fire, but that is 100% not true for teachers as a whole. The group you all are whining about is TENURED teachers. Tenured teachers are harder to fire, yes, AS THEY SHOULD BE. Absolutely none of you has answered my question of why those tenured teachers should be easily dismissed.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to insult and mock and be a coward and not address the conversation, that's cool. Just know that you all are whining over something that isn't true.

I think my point was clear. Sorry you didn't understand it. I'll try to use smaller words.

Conservatives complain that teachers either can't be fired or are "hard" to fire, but that is 100% not true for teachers as a whole. The group you all are whining about is TENURED teachers. Tenured teachers are harder to fire, yes, AS THEY SHOULD BE. Absolutely none of you has answered my question of why those tenured teachers should be easily dismissed.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to insult and mock and be a coward and not address the conversation, that's cool. Just know that you all are whining over something that isn't true.
Since when did anyone have to answer to a strawman argument?

Tell Me, a tenured teacher should be immune to dismissal for poor performance because??????

Tell Me, a tenured teacher should be immune to dismissal for poor performance because??????

THEY'RE NOT IMMUNE!

Christ .... how do so many of you have an opinion on something you know nothing about??

THEY'RE NOT IMMUNE!

Christ .... how do so many of you have an opinion on something you know nothing about??
Your momma needs you.

I did not say they were. I said why should they be? That is what you want, isn't it? That teachers should be immune if they have tenure?

Do you ever fucking know why they developed tenure? I'll give you a hint.

It had nothing to fucking do with Republicans.

Lets see if yo even have a clue as to what you are talking about.

THEY'RE NOT IMMUNE!

Your momma needs you.

I did not say they were. I said why should they be? That is what you want, isn't it? That teachers should be immune if they have tenure?

Well, thank you for trying to put words in my mouth and for being yet another person to avoid the question.

Way to add nothing to the conversation.

THEY'RE NOT IMMUNE!

Your momma needs you.

Well, thank you for trying to put words in my mouth and for being yet another person to avoid the question.

Way to add nothing to the conversation.
So, you don't know?

I should have known....

Here, I'll do your research for you...

Tenure (academic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I even used a source that every academic institution in America refuses to acknowledge as a source for academic papers, but seems to be a favorite of the left.

Read it and then get back to Me on your strawman argument.

You see, I had a professor who was liberal, but was one of the most brilliant women in Creative Writing who defended her need for tenure, and I agreed with her.

But it had nothing to do with republicans or democrats or unions or fucking politics.

This is the difference between an intelligent, well thought out position and your fucking hack attempts on a damned internet forum.

Yes, but there has to be gross misconduct...like raping a student in front of the class.....or voting for a Republican.

Forum List

Back