Can a Mom be President?

Does an All-American mom have the skills to be president?

• Yes - they have adequate advisors, and only need to pick good options

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - they simply don't have the skill sets and toughness the job requires

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes - but only the REAL BITCHES have the right stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Of course a mom can be President but not Sarah Palin. :)
I also think if she wanted to VP she should of waited to run and not put her daughter through what she did.

yes , but not that ding bat, you betcha, all american mom, where did that come from
Do you consider Hillary an "All-American Mom"?? I left that definition deliberately vague.
I just don't see any women qualified to be president. Pelosi is 3rd in line and is a total airhead. I don't see any women senators that would push the button if they had to, or go to war, or retaliate somewhere.

Why wouldn't Hillary be an all american mom?
She did a great job with Chelsea and they are very close

ky the only thing that Condi had going for her was "w", on 911 she was going give a SPEECH ON THE RUSSIAN MISSiLE THREAT, opps she missed it by a bunch and then the moron made Sec of Sate, Nah W wan't too fucking bright, but if you believe the gossip, he did have a little of that LOl , but I always heard she wa a carpet miuncher

yes , but not that ding bat, you betcha, all american mom, where did that come from
Do you consider Hillary an "All-American Mom"?? I left that definition deliberately vague.
I just don't see any women qualified to be president. Pelosi is 3rd in line and is a total airhead. I don't see any women senators that would push the button if they had to, or go to war, or retaliate somewhere.

Thatcher.

Bodecea.

Thatcher.

Thatcher?? Dead or alive?
Might as well say Golda Meir.

I think the premise that a woman isn't tough enough is inherently sexist.

Thats not the point. I don't care if its "sexist". IS IT TRUE?

{give me a few women capable of doing the job well}

Damn!!!!!!!! I grew up around a lot of women in Eastern Oregon that were rancher's wives. When something happened to the husband, sickness or accident, I saw these women take over the ranches, and the decisions and daily chores, and do them as well, and sometimes better, than the men.

Were you foolish enough to state what you just posted to one of them, you would find yourself picking yourself up off the floor, then facing husband and sons. Fellow, I don't know where you are from, but here on the West Coast, the nature of the land and it's settling, settled the question of the females equality early on.

Women are not only our equal in most matters, in some they are our superiors.

ah maggie, she had more balls than Ronnie ever did, he traded arms for hostages,and when attacked he ran like a mothefuRcker OUT OF LEBENON and then attacked GRENADA, YEP BRAINDEAD WAS A GREAT PRES

Thats not the point. I don't care if its "sexist". IS IT TRUE?

No, I don't think it's true. I think women are just as capable of making hard decisions as men.

Don't dodge the main question. This thread is about a "mom", not just any woman. Do you see any difference between a mom and a career woman, someone like Condi Rice or Carly Fiorina? Carly Fiorina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMHO it would be a lot harder for a mom to order someone killed than a guy. Such as the two pirates that Obama personally ordered shot.
Most presidents order troops into harms way. I think moms would find that very gut-wrenching, and may postpone a decision that shouldn't wait.

One would hope that no leader makes such a decision lightly. Saying that the decision is gut-wrenching, however, does not infer that the person will delay such decision.

ky the only thing that Condi had going for her was "w", on 911 she was going give a SPEECH ON THE RUSSIAN MISSiLE THREAT, opps she missed it by a bunch and then the moron made Sec of Sate, Nah W wan't too fucking bright, but if you believe the gossip, he did have a little of that LOl , but I always heard she wa a carpet miuncher
"The only thing that Condi had going for her was 'w'....":rolleyes: That's Dr. Rice to you.

A mother can be president the same way a father can. Being a mother, however, in no ways qualifies you to be president. You need a firm grasp on the law, government, domestic and foreign affairs. All things Palin not only doesn't know, but doesn't care to learn.

Why not, we all had one growing up, whether she was our real mom or not. The few who did grow up without one probably would never admit it, but if they had the power to do it over again do you think they would choose to do it without their mother?

Moms make the world go round, If they can bear children and raise them while taking care of a family than why can't they run the country? Keep it mind I understand that not all mothers, ARE MOMS...... The crack hoes that leave their children in baskets or with the grandmother, do not apply....

But a real MOM, I'll take that over a Harvard Grad Community Organizer any day.

Ditto. Hillary would have been better than Obama in my opinion.And I do believe that Palin undertands the miltary better than him.

Yeah, Palin, the woman who thinks governors can give the Air Force orders, understand the military...

The OP makes it sound like as soon as a woman gives birth her brain and backbone disappear forever. What on Earth could make anybody think a woman with children stops being who she is? I hate to disappoint, but moms are still women, and still every bit as intelligent and strong as they were before they had kids if not more so. To say having children makes women somehow weak or unable to make decisions is to admit just how little you know about us. ANY woman with the right skills could do the job just as well as any man, whether she has children or not. It's about the skills, not the person.

Last edited:
The OP makes it sound like as soon as a woman gives birth her brain and backbone disappear forever. What on Earth could make anybody think a woman with children stops being who she is? I hate to disappoint, but moms are still women, and still every much as intelligent and strong as they were before they had kids if not more so. To say having children makes women somehow weak or unable to make decisions is to admit just how little you know about us. ANY woman with the right skills could do the job just as well as any man, whether she has children or not. It's about the skills, not the person.

Not at all. It may be related to why girls play with dolls, and boys play soldier and take cars apart. Three questions to make my OP point:

1. In the history of the US there has never been a woman president. QED.

2. When we look at 2012 for presidential candidates, there are no, or very few serious women candidates. Are their life experiences less than preparatory for the highest job in the land? There are very smart women, but even so, very few attain the position of CEO. If one does, like Carly Fiorina, or Meg Whitman, thats as far as it goes.

3. If you had to bet on which candidates would win in 2012 or 2016, which would it be, Obama, Palin, someone else? A woman from somewhere? It just doesn't seem likely for whatever reason.

The OP makes it sound like as soon as a woman gives birth her brain and backbone disappear forever. What on Earth could make anybody think a woman with children stops being who she is? I hate to disappoint, but moms are still women, and still every much as intelligent and strong as they were before they had kids if not more so. To say having children makes women somehow weak or unable to make decisions is to admit just how little you know about us. ANY woman with the right skills could do the job just as well as any man, whether she has children or not. It's about the skills, not the person.

Not at all. It may be related to why girls play with dolls, and boys play soldier and take cars apart. Three questions to make my OP point:

1. In the history of the US there has never been a woman president. QED.

2. When we look at 2012 for presidential candidates, there are no, or very few serious women candidates. Are their life experiences less than preparatory for the highest job in the land? There are very smart women, but even so, very few attain the position of CEO. If one does, like Carly Fiorina, or Meg Whitman, thats as far as it goes.

3. If you had to bet on which candidates would win in 2012 or 2016, which would it be, Obama, Palin, someone else? A woman from somewhere? It just doesn't seem likely for whatever reason.

1. Because misogynists like you are allowed to vote.

2. See #1.

3. Why is it not likely? See #1.

Forum List

Back