Can a Mom be President?

Does an All-American mom have the skills to be president?

• Yes - they have adequate advisors, and only need to pick good options

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - they simply don't have the skill sets and toughness the job requires

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes - but only the REAL BITCHES have the right stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
There are many threads about Sarah Palin, some pro-, some con- and some relatively neutral. This thread is providing a poll to see if anyone thinks that a regular "All-American Mom" can ever be president. Do moms have what it takes to run the USA or not?

What Makes A Good President?
What qualities do you want your president to have?
trustworthy / honest
smart / educated
caring / helping the poor
business savvy / friend to Wall Street / job creator
patriotic / militarist-protector
consensus builder / skilled politician / lawyer / compromiser
good leader who knows how to demand sacrifices, like tax hikes, or union concessions

The Dominators (Nixon, Andrew Johnson, Lyndon Johnson, Jackson, Polk, Teddy Roosevelt and Arthur),
The Introverts (John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Nixon, Hoover, Coolidge, Buchanan, Wilson and Benjamin Harrison),
The Good Guys (Hayes, Taylor, Eisenhower, Tyler, Fillmore, Cleveland, Ford and Washington),
The Innocents (Taft, Harding and Grant),
The Actors (Ronald Reagan, Warren Harding, William Henry Harrison, Bill Clinton and Franklin Pierce),
The Maintainers (McKinley, Bush, Ford and Truman),
The Philosophes (Garfied, Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison, Carter and Hayes),
The Extraverts (FDR, Kennedy, Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt, Reagan, William Harrison, Harding, Jackson and LBJ).

Why not? A dad can be...what's the difference.

God, I hope someone falls into this one......... here dummy dummy dummy

Any rare soul with the right stuff can be President and do it well, even people with ovaries who know how to use them.

yes , but not that ding bat, you betcha, all american mom, where did that come from
Do you consider Hillary an "All-American Mom"?? I left that definition deliberately vague.
I just don't see any women qualified to be president. Pelosi is 3rd in line and is a total airhead. I don't see any women senators that would push the button if they had to, or go to war, or retaliate somewhere.

Only one has ever pushed the button and when it came down to politics he damned near lost, I'll take another Harry if you can find him

There are many threads about Sarah Palin, some pro-, some con- and some relatively neutral. This thread is providing a poll to see if anyone thinks that a regular "All-American Mom" can ever be president. Do moms have what it takes to run the USA or not?

What Makes A Good President?
What qualities do you want your president to have?
trustworthy / honest
Do you mean before of after the election?

smart / educated
Does a college degree from anywhere qualify?
caring / helping the poor
You can help the poor and not care...
business savvy / friend to Wall Street / job creator
hmmm...so vague.
patriotic / militarist-protector
I think we all know this is very flexible.
consensus builder / skilled politician
/ Does any office for any length count?

lawyer / compromiser
Didn't you say trustworthy earlier?

good leader who knows how to demand sacrifices, like tax hikes, or union concessions
You mean like sacrifices and demand tax hikes right?

The Dominators (Nixon, Andrew Johnson, Lyndon Johnson, Jackson, Polk, Teddy Roosevelt and Arthur),
The Introverts (John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Nixon, Hoover, Coolidge, Buchanan, Wilson and Benjamin Harrison),
The Good Guys (Hayes, Taylor, Eisenhower, Tyler, Fillmore, Cleveland, Ford and Washington),
The Innocents (Taft, Harding and Grant),
The Actors (Ronald Reagan, Warren Harding, William Henry Harrison, Bill Clinton and Franklin Pierce),
The Maintainers (McKinley, Bush, Ford and Truman),
The Philosophes (Garfied, Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison, Carter and Hayes),
The Extraverts (FDR, Kennedy, Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt, Reagan, William Harrison, Harding, Jackson and LBJ).

Where does BO fall in here?

yes , but not that ding bat, you betcha, all american mom, where did that come from
Do you consider Hillary an "All-American Mom"?? I left that definition deliberately vague.
I just don't see any women qualified to be president. Pelosi is 3rd in line and is a total airhead. I don't see any women senators that would push the button if they had to, or go to war, or retaliate somewhere.

Is it all about engaging in battle, with you??

Why do you seem to feel the need to belittle women, as a whole, all because of a sparse few who are actually just as capable as any man, to push that button, or declare war...

I am a single mom, and I could do it. Hell, with an unlimited support system like the one the president has, why wouldn't we be able to? :cuckoo:

And you think the guy in there now would push the button??? He's hellbent on getting out of war and retaliation falls under the premise of taking his toys and going home. Michelle might be better at it than him. I see a mean streak in her!

I think the premise that a woman isn't tough enough is inherently sexist.

Thats not the point. I don't care if its "sexist". IS IT TRUE?

{give me a few women capable of doing the job well}

Elizabeth Dole is the only woman I can think of that comes to mind. I think she would make a better President than what we have now.

Is it all about engaging in battle, with you??

Why do you seem to feel the need to belittle women, as a whole, all because of a sparse few who are actually just as capable as any man, to push that button, or declare war...

I am a single mom, and I could do it. Hell, with an unlimited support system like the one the president has, why wouldn't we be able to? :cuckoo:

As a single mom, there have been days I only wish I had my hands on that button. :lol:

Seriously, if any woman rises to the level of contending for the Presidency despite all the sexist assholes out there she's tough enough to push that button if she had to. She's probably also smart enough to make it unnecessary.

I think the premise that a woman isn't tough enough is inherently sexist.

Thats not the point. I don't care if its "sexist". IS IT TRUE?

No, I don't think it's true. I think women are just as capable of making hard decisions as men.

Don't dodge the main question. This thread is about a "mom", not just any woman. Do you see any difference between a mom and a career woman, someone like Condi Rice or Carly Fiorina? Carly Fiorina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMHO it would be a lot harder for a mom to order someone killed than a guy. Such as the two pirates that Obama personally ordered shot.
Most presidents order troops into harms way. I think moms would find that very gut-wrenching, and may postpone a decision that shouldn't wait.

Forum List

Back