Can a Man Be Raped?

I really don't care to revisit this topic so soon, on this board. But, just out of curiosity, aside from the annoying Socratic questioning, what position are taking within the thread you started.

Discuss

Was there already a topic on this? If so I am sorry for the repeat. Also, so sorry for annoying you. I do wonder why you read it if it was so annoying.

I had no real position. After so much discussion on Polanski, it came to mind. That is pretty much it.
I asked b/c I wanted to know what people thought. After the few replies my position now would be that yes, a man can be raped by a woman.

Hope I answered your questions. :rolleyes:

Yes it did, thanks. I was slightly concerned that someone might have changed their mind in the next morning, assuming that you are indeed female. :tongue:

I am female..and others here can vouch for that. And heck no..no morning after..:redface:

Last edited:
Was there already a topic on this? If so I am sorry for the repeat. Also, so sorry for annoying you. I do wonder why you read it if it was so annoying.

I had no real position. After so much discussion on Polanski, it came to mind. That is pretty much it.
I asked b/c I wanted to know what people thought. After the few replies my position now would be that yes, a man can be raped by a woman.

Hope I answered your questions. :rolleyes:

Yes it did, thanks. I was slightly concerned that someone might have changed their mind in the next morning, assuming that you are indeed female. :tongue:

I am female..and others here can vouch for that. An heck no..no morning after..:redface:

Now that's a better question. If a man changes their mind the next morning, is it rape?

What if a woman subdues a man somehow (drugs, alcohol, assault) and then ties him up. Then when he wakes up in a bound state, she manipulates his genitalia manually and orally. And maybe he does not erect or ejaculate...but he is still raped.

No insertion.

Well, technically, there would be insertion- insertion of the penis into the mouth counts as rape.

And a man does not have to be awake to get an erection, lol

So if there is no insertion, then there is no rape? Is that the law?

Technically, it is usually considered a sexual assault if there is no penetration. But it is still broadly considered rape- in the mainstream, anyways. Just depends on the statute..

I am female..and others here can vouch for that. An heck no..no morning after..:redface:

Now that's a better question. If a man changes their mind the next morning, is it rape?

Not at all- but if he changed his mind DURING consensual intercourse- that would at that point make is non-consensual intercourse, and, as long as the man (or woman) gave the other person a few seconds to realize that it is now unwanted intercourse, anything beyond that is reasonably considered rape.

And I mean by a woman. Are there any cases where a woman has been prosecuted and or convicted of such a crime?

Is is physically possible to rape a man??

(and not talking age of consent in this thread)

Discuss..

Yes. Statutory rape is still rape. Female school teacher with underage male student, add penetration and viola, it's rape.

If your question is asking only about non-statutory rape, then I guess the question is "if he gets a hard-on, can it really be unwanted sexual inercourse?" The answer (jmho) is still yes, but I doubt there are very many such reported cases.

Yes, as I said in the OP I wasn't really referring to age of consent type rape..

I understand now that a man can and will respond whether he wants it or not..

Sounds like the OP is searching for a defense for a rapist

If you think that, then you need to get the wax out of your ears. You are hearing wrong.
Look above as to why I posted it.
You posted your cleanup after I made my posts ;)

LOL
I didn't clean up..

I get that you do not know me, but I will vouch for myself ;) that you will find me to be pretty much honest and a straight shooter. :)

Good question. Answer..just as with a female..nope.

Not at all- but if he changed his mind DURING consensual intercourse- that would at that point make is non-consensual intercourse, and, as long as the man (or woman) gave the other person a few seconds to realize that it is now unwanted intercourse, anything beyond that is reasonably considered rape.

What if he starts as consentual sex and he is all up inside her...then he thinks about his wife and how pissed she will be, so he says no. Now it is unwanted.

How does the woman withdraw from the act in order to comply with his wishes.

Not at all.

Why not? Taking advantage of women when they are not in the best position to make decisions is frowned upon, how is it different for men? While regrets may not meet the criteria of what legally constitutes as rape or sexual assault, should he at least not get sympathy? :lol:

Not at all.

Why not? Taking advantage of women when they are not in the best position to make decisions is frowned upon, how is it different for men? While regrets may not meet the criteria of what legally constitutes as rape or sexual assault, should he at least not get sympathy? :lol:

That's what alcohol is for, to make men brave and make women loose.

What if he starts as consentual sex and he is all up inside her...then he thinks about his wife and how pissed she will be, so he says no. Now it is unwanted.

How does the woman withdraw from the act in order to comply with his wishes.

The same way she withdraws by her own choice, during consensual intercourse- she gets off of him. If he was on top, and changed his mind, he can easily enough get off of her, lol- usually, at least.. As long as the woman isnt some bodybuilder Ape-like amazon woman, who is holding him in using her bulging leg muscles, that is.. Well- actually, even a smaller framed woman could probably be capable of holding him in with her legs, considering the position the man is actually in and the lack of control he might have, if he is not kneeling, or something.. or if the man is just out of shape even..

And her on top makes it fairly easy for her to take advantage of him and rape him even if he said he did not want to continue, I would suspect. It is irrational to think that smaller sized women are incapable of overpowering a man, even with very little force involved. I think it all depends on the couple, and how "odd" they are, lol :lol: (I know the issue is not funny, but I sure am having some interesting mental images, lol)

Some states have abrogated the term RAPE, and recodified it under "sexual assault" or such.

Common conception of the term has no bearing IF we are talking legalese.

Here is my state law/definition. So to legally answer the Q, YES, a woman can rape a man, by definition, in Ohio.

Lawriter - ORC - 2907.02 Rape.

"Sexual conduct" is the element, NOT sexual contact:

I'll use this section as an example, but there are others:

(2) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another when the offender purposely compels the other person to submit by force or threat of force.

Lawriter - ORC - CHAPTER 2907: SEX OFFENSES

(A) “Sexual conduct” means vaginal intercourse between a male and female; anal intercourse, fellatio, and cunnilingus between persons regardless of sex; and, without privilege to do so, the insertion, however slight, of any part of the body or any instrument, apparatus, or other object into the vaginal or anal opening of another. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete vaginal or anal intercourse.

If your state no longer uses the term rape, then it is under another title, as mentioned, that will determine what sexual crime a woman can commit against a man.

Last edited:
While it is difficult to prove it was rape legally (which I don't agree with), yes, men can be raped. The problem is that people don't understand the act, which is fine as long as they are not the ones dealing with it. The act of rape is not sexual, though the action is. The act is power and control, forcing oneself onto another, domination. The sexual form of rape is the most common, but no less vile, and men cannot always control their physical reactions for stimulation anymore than women can, so they to can be taken advantage of.

Forum List

Back