can a child be properly raised with two gay parents? - no bigot crap please

I think it means that they are financially secure, but not wealthy, and not middle class.

If I ever died, and it came down to it, I would prefer my son be adopted by a gay or lesbian couple than to be in the foster care system. I have known a lot of people in the foster care system, and unfortunately, that system is so broken, it breaks children, as well.
My only stipulation would be that the couple is marred, and has been married for more than two years.
Any other stipulation, beyond checking for registered sex/violent offender status, and doing a drug test, ONCE, is too much. Those would be my personal limitations.

I wish we had some kind of a better system for becoming a foster parent, and having the ability to adopt a child. There are far too many hoops to jump through, the way it works, now. For instance- I know plenty of college students, and a few high school kids who are raising a child, or children, who are not neglecting their children.. And some of them are single parents, never married, or are divorced or widowed. They struggle, but who doesn't?
The foster care system has so many stringent rules and requirements, that it is very difficult for someone who is not married, who is low income, and has a lot on their plate already, to actually be allowed to take in a foster child. In fact, some people call low income foster families "leeches" on the welfare system, etc, or that they are gold diggers, because they are only doing it for the money. That just saddens me, because ANYONE who takes in a foster child is going to get compensated fairly for it. The child is a WARD of the STATE, not a ward of the foster parent. The kid is just the foster parent's responsibility, rather than having them stay in a group home.
There is a reason why the foster system gets this kind of bad rep-
These foster kids get moved from home to home, and all their stuff (with all the money that some of these foster families get every month) is shoved into garbage bags when it is "moving day". GARBAGE BAGS. Obviously, to look at it from the other side of the coin, the foster parents are not going to buy the kid luggage during their first week staying in their home. That would be cruel. But, by the time the kid is about to be booted back into the group home (because a lot of these foster kids- I tell ya- they have ISSUES. Not issues that cannot be solved, but issues that become compounded, particularly to do with trust, because some of the foster parents do not want to deal with them, as they would their own children's problems.) they are stuck with whatever the family has to wrap stuff in, and that is usually a freaking garbage bag.
At 18, if the kid is not adopted yet- they are given their things (either in a garbage bag, or in their backpack- which they actually probably paid for themselves by working) and sent on their way. No college fund.. no family to turn to, and very few life-long friends to lean on.
The foster system needs to be resuscitated, in a BIG way. It is absolutely DESTROYING our youth.

I put up an FBI link once that showed the typical pedophile in the United States is a white man in his forties who is married, identifies as straight and has two children of his own and identifies himself as Christian and popular in his community.
Anyone care to prove me wrong? Won't be able too.
I'll prove you wrong quite simply. The pedophile uses all those things as his cloak and was never truly those things. He may have been white(but that's quite a broad generalization since whites are the majority and obviously not the only ones. You will always find more offenders who are the majority just by playing the numbers.) but he NEVER was a Christian, and lied to his wife and community the entire time. Why because he went after what was MOST important to him. If he had sex with boys he's sick and gay, plain and simple. that was his attraction. If it was little girls he's just sick. Off topice they should all be castrated and fed to crocodiles.

How do you think he could get his fix if he didn't have his cloak?

Is there a prize for posting the longest reply of the decade?

I only respond in kind. And this thread has nothing on 8-Ball in The Truth About Mormons thread.
I actually didn't think this thread would keep my attention that long.

I think it means that they are financially secure, but not wealthy, and not middle class.

If I ever died, and it came down to it, I would prefer my son be adopted by a gay or lesbian couple than to be in the foster care system. I have known a lot of people in the foster care system, and unfortunately, that system is so broken, it breaks children, as well.
My only stipulation would be that the couple is marred, and has been married for more than two years.
Any other stipulation, beyond checking for registered sex/violent offender status, and doing a drug test, ONCE, is too much. Those would be my personal limitations.

I wish we had some kind of a better system for becoming a foster parent, and having the ability to adopt a child. There are far too many hoops to jump through, the way it works, now. For instance- I know plenty of college students, and a few high school kids who are raising a child, or children, who are not neglecting their children.. And some of them are single parents, never married, or are divorced or widowed. They struggle, but who doesn't?
The foster care system has so many stringent rules and requirements, that it is very difficult for someone who is not married, who is low income, and has a lot on their plate already, to actually be allowed to take in a foster child. In fact, some people call low income foster families "leeches" on the welfare system, etc, or that they are gold diggers, because they are only doing it for the money. That just saddens me, because ANYONE who takes in a foster child is going to get compensated fairly for it. The child is a WARD of the STATE, not a ward of the foster parent. The kid is just the foster parent's responsibility, rather than having them stay in a group home.
There is a reason why the foster system gets this kind of bad rep-
These foster kids get moved from home to home, and all their stuff (with all the money that some of these foster families get every month) is shoved into garbage bags when it is "moving day". GARBAGE BAGS. Obviously, to look at it from the other side of the coin, the foster parents are not going to buy the kid luggage during their first week staying in their home. That would be cruel. But, by the time the kid is about to be booted back into the group home (because a lot of these foster kids- I tell ya- they have ISSUES. Not issues that cannot be solved, but issues that become compounded, particularly to do with trust, because some of the foster parents do not want to deal with them, as they would their own children's problems.) they are stuck with whatever the family has to wrap stuff in, and that is usually a freaking garbage bag.
At 18, if the kid is not adopted yet- they are given their things (either in a garbage bag, or in their backpack- which they actually probably paid for themselves by working) and sent on their way. No college fund.. no family to turn to, and very few life-long friends to lean on.
The foster system needs to be resuscitated, in a BIG way. It is absolutely DESTROYING our youth.

I put up an FBI link once that showed the typical pedophile in the United States is a white man in his forties who is married, identifies as straight and has two children of his own and identifies himself as Christian and popular in his community.
I'll prove you wrong quite simply. The pedophile uses all those things as his cloak and was never truly those things. He may have been white(but that's quite a broad generalization since whites are the majority and obviously not the only ones. You will always find more offenders who are the majority just by playing the numbers.) but he NEVER was a Christian, and lied to his wife and community the entire time. Why because he went after what was MOST important to him. If he had sex with boys he's sick and gay, plain and simple. that was his attraction. If it was little girls he's just sick. Off topice they should all be castrated and fed to crocodiles.

Yea, well duh, so are straights. Gay or straight is a sexual orientation, liking kids is a fetish.

Most adult gays aren't into kids. They don't have kids, they aren't around kids. They don't want kids. And to some, their noisy miniature selves can be quite annoying.

Let me just point out that the likelihood of "little girls" being molested over little boys is somewhere between 7 or 10 to 1. Molesting little girls is way more normal because the majority of pedophiles are "straight".

Don't even try to BS your way out of that.

Republicans are like children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, well duh, so are straights. Gay or straight is a sexual orientation, liking kids is a fetish.

Most adult gays aren't into kids. They don't have kids, they aren't around kids. They don't want kids. And to some, their noisy miniature selves can be quite annoying.

Let me just point out that the likelihood of "little girls" being molested over little boys is somewhere between 7 or 10 to 1. Molesting little girls is way more normal because the majority of pedophiles are "straight".

Don't even try to BS your way out of that.

Republicans are like children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

Does that mean Dems(polar opposites) are like hammers, ugly, bland and dull? If both are brainless I prefer to be an independant and proudly registered!:eusa_snooty:

so, you're supporting 2 cats adopting babies? are they gay or straight?

Only upon the basis that they get along well with wimmin?

I'd expect a baby raised by two heterosexual cats to have a more normal childhood than a baby raised by two queer cats.

Unless they were "celebrity Cats.....Tom and Sylvester, for example, but that's an exception.

i do think the gay cats should be castrated, or they will pee on the baby all the time.
but if thats the case, it makes no difference if they are gay or not. i dont think the cat community will bully the baby for having gay cat parents. i mean, give them a bit of rope to play with and they forget everything.

so, you're supporting 2 cats adopting babies? are they gay or straight?

I'd expect a baby raised by two heterosexual cats to have a more normal childhood than a baby raised by two queer cats.

Unless they were "celebrity Cats.....Tom and Sylvester, for example, but that's an exception.

i do think the gay cats should be castrated, or they will pee on the baby all the time.
but if thats the case, it makes no difference if they are gay or not. i dont think the cat community will bully the baby for having gay cat parents. i mean, give them a bit of rope to play with and they forget everything.

I think the baby might do best with two lesbian cats that could give it milk.

I think the baby might do best with two lesbian cats that could give it milk.

that settles it. lets close the thread.

Forum List

Back