Can a Catholic not like his communist Pope?

It's ironic the current Pope isn't popular with some of his own adherants, yet is loved by non-Catholics. :) I'm Jewish and we don't play well together at all, yet I love this Pope. And not in the comedian loves a bad President so he can make jokes about him way. :)
All leftists love this Pope and are hoping he'll change the church's teaching on homosexuality and abortion and let women into the priesthood. Then at some point we wouldn't even call it the Catholic Church anymore since it is in want of distinguishing beliefs and teachings. We could call it the Worldly Church of Brotherly Love and the Universal Human Spirit. I know you all have high hopes for Pope Francis to dismantle the Catholic faith.

Can't change Scriptural verse. Can ignore it like many faiths do like Reform Judaism does, but once you start pick and choosing what you're abiding by and what you're declaring silly or stupid you cease being anything connected to God in that you can't say with one breath we follow God then say, BUT this was silly and stupid. :)
How is that so? Everyone does that. It's called discernment. Capitalism works. Communism doesn't. Freedom of expression works, validating religious violence doesn't. The Pope is either right or wrong because truth is not subjective. Being Catholic doesn't compell me to shut my brain off.

According to the SCOTUS, it most certainly is. What's more, in some states (Kentucky is one), even armed insurection is constitutional. Not that I support that sort of thing, mind you. The fact is that this nation was founded on a revolution:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

This was our way of telling the British to go to hell and get out of the colonies because we are running things now.

There is armed insurrection and there is rioting and mayhem--mob rule, if you will. I can understand a planned, armed take-over of government facilities. That is entirely different from storming the streets to murder, maim, riot, and loot.

Point taken.

This is my thread and my responsibility to keep on topic. As such, I will be reporting every atheist pushing an agenda that has nothing to do with the thread topic. If you want to make the case that God doesn't exist, make your own damn thread. Do it here and I'll get the mods involved.

Don't doubt me.

Okay, on-topic then. As a former catholic, I think it is stupid to call the current resident of the vatican a communist. He isn't following marxist doctrine. If he was, he wouldn't be the Pope. But to answer your question, the Pope isn't there for you to like. He is there to lead. If you don't like his leadership, join another church.
You, like every "former Catholic" know nothing about our faith if you think I can just pack up and leave over a disagreement. I've consistently found that there is no "former Catholic" who ever was a Catholic as measured by proper catechesis. I will be Catholic until the day I die, and by the grace of God, I might live long enough to see one more pope as bold, fearless, and righteous as John Paul II. My faith takes the long view. The Church has weathered worse popes than this and survived. This too shall pass.

Sure you can leave any time you choose to. I didn't say that you have to. You appear to be very upset with the current resident of the Vatican, and since you can't do anything about it, perhaps you should consider leaving the church. If not, then learn to accept/deal with it. Oh, and by the way, this 'you must not have been a real Christian if you abandoned your faith' is pretty lame. You don't know me or anything about me, so don't presume that you do.
I didn't say that at all. In fact it's clear you didn't understand anything I said. Put a pot of coffee on because your synopses are underperforming.

Erm, which part?

All of it.

Okay, on-topic then. As a former catholic, I think it is stupid to call the current resident of the vatican a communist. He isn't following marxist doctrine. If he was, he wouldn't be the Pope. But to answer your question, the Pope isn't there for you to like. He is there to lead. If you don't like his leadership, join another church.
You, like every "former Catholic" know nothing about our faith if you think I can just pack up and leave over a disagreement. I've consistently found that there is no "former Catholic" who ever was a Catholic as measured by proper catechesis. I will be Catholic until the day I die, and by the grace of God, I might live long enough to see one more pope as bold, fearless, and righteous as John Paul II. My faith takes the long view. The Church has weathered worse popes than this and survived. This too shall pass.

Sure you can leave any time you choose to. I didn't say that you have to. You appear to be very upset with the current resident of the Vatican, and since you can't do anything about it, perhaps you should consider leaving the church. If not, then learn to accept/deal with it. Oh, and by the way, this 'you must not have been a real Christian if you abandoned your faith' is pretty lame. You don't know me or anything about me, so don't presume that you do.
I didn't say that at all. In fact it's clear you didn't understand anything I said. Put a pot of coffee on because your synopses are underperforming.

Erm, which part?

All of it.

I disagree. I think I understand very clearly your meaning. If you don't believe I did, then perhaps you should be more specific about your disagreement, that is, if you want me to understand you.

Erm, which part?

All of it.

I disagree. I think I understand very clearly your meaning. If you don't believe I did, then perhaps you should be more specific about your disagreement, that is, if you want me to understand you.

We're done here. My post was already clear.

Erm, which part?

All of it.

We're done here. My post was already clear.

Yeah, it is pretty clear that you like to make unfounded accusations and then run away when someone calls you on it. Good luck to you.

This is the first I've heard the current pope being called a communist. It seems that general opinion is favorable of him.

Jesus said if you are his the world will hate you. This pope - this Roman Catholic Church he represents is a false Church preaching a false Christ. The Catholics need to leave the Roman Church and be converted to Christ or they will be lost for all eternity.

This is the first I've heard the current pope being called a communist. It seems that general opinion is favorable of him.

Jesus said if you are his the world will hate you. This pope - this Roman Catholic Church he represents is a false Church preaching a false Christ. The Catholics need to leave the Roman Church and be converted to Christ or they will be lost for all eternity.

Catholics need a conversion to Christ, but not in the way you think. We need to become more devout, more observant of the Church's teachings, more ensconced in Sacred Heart of Christ. And you have zero authority to decide who's going to be lost for all eternity. Remember you are but a man.

And you care, because?

Forum List

Back