“can a businessman fix the economy?”

We know a community organizer can not fix the economy so I'm willing to give the businessman a chance.

How well did Bush fix things?

I never said he did and he was not as successful in business as Romney has been and since Bush is not on the ballot the question is irrelevant. The choice now is between one community organizer Obama and one businessman Romney who's records we all know.

"tens of thousands of relatively unskilled people no longer had a way to make a comfortable living. "

Thats my point. All those unskilled people need to be trained so they are no longer unskilled. Mandatory post graduate degrees are an idea. Otherwise we expect some people to do the grunt work. Not necessary.

I had the misfortune of teaching in the school system of one of the towns that lost most of it's jobs because the mills closed. The people that worked in the mills were not well educated because many of them believed that jobs in the mill would ALWAYS be there for them and they didn't NEED to be able to solve math problems or read and write at a proficient level. So what "training" would you prescribe for people who didn't take advantage of the educational opportunities that were there all along for them?

You're speaking about people whom many dropped out of school as soon as they could, somehow getting post graduate degrees? These are individuals who are going to struggle mightily to get a GED let alone a college degree and you've got them getting Masters? No disrespect, but you don't really know much about what you're speaking about here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back